Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

TSM might like this one
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 20, 2015 02:36AM

[www.youtube.com]

Can't get enough nutrients unless you grow your own food, says Paul.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TSM might like this one
Date: December 20, 2015 10:00AM

Thanks for the video Fresh. I will make some comments this week about that. I think Paul needs to be more careful before making such strong statements. Human nutrient needs do seem to vary quite considerably, and people eating the same diet can get vastly different blood results, + cooked food eaters can reduce some available nutrition in some ways and increase it on others, so is growing your own food as vital as human individual factors? Paul needs to be careful when saying such things.

I'll talk more about these things later in the week, but one thing l will say is that FRESH living sprout nutrition elevates one's level of functioning far better than any other foods in my experience.

green vegetable juice < weed juice < 6 - 7 day old sprout juice < microgreen juice.

And yes, FRESH is far better, but why is it better? Is it nutrients or an unknown factor? And what about individiual human make-ups?...I think that is the most important of all...some can eat badly all their lives and be full of energy and look great, and that is what it really boils down to.

O.k...lets have a good conversation this week. Lets talk life 909 and really get stuck into some real world talk. I won't be playing with fancy theories this week about not getting enough nutrients (raw food 202 talk)...that's old and worn out that type of talk, SO...lets really talk the talk this week and see where we end up.

Regards: The Sproutarian.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: December 20, 2015 10:29AM

I watched the video before Fresh posted the link as I subscribe to OKRAW and I looked at it from a totally different perspective.

TSM, I think Fresh is just saying it to get you worked up ... and it's working.
Paul is just presenting his own personal views. Also, he now has a wife and 3 children and they eat cooked food so two days a week he joins them and eats cooked food. There is more to life than eating and being obsessed with raw foods - especially when you have a family ( where is Suvine these days?).

Paul says he knows of raw foodists who stuck to the party line that you don't need supplements, cooked foods, seaweeds, fermented foods, sprouts blah blah blah and you get everything from your '' simple '' foods and ended up dying or having serious issues. Like John Kohler and Harley at least he is another one of the honest ones - as opposed to the cheaters who say you get everything from the foods - but can't even stick to the raw diet they say supplies everything you need and end up eating cooked food or whatever, and whatever else they eat but won't admit to.

John interviewed him and John has an open mind, whereas Paul seems to have his '' diet de jour '' - whatever is working for him, or whatever diet he is on at any one time is the right one - remember he is like DG and it's their business and source of income so you need to take everything they say with a grain of green powder. After all, not all of us are paragons of virtue like JR, Fresh and RP when it comes to diet, eating, exercising and fasting / juicing. Some of us are mere mortals and need some help along the way.

Date: December 20, 2015 06:20PM

TSM, yes it was interesting and you're right.

BJ

you know, people can't just say "I knew someone who did XXX and look what happened" and expect me to give it any credence.

also sharing his blood tests would help. otherwise he's not helping anyone.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 20, 2015 08:06PM

Paul, what a guy, from the Yeshua and other assorted religious nonsense to the marketing ploy of the "Daylight Diet".

I asked him once about getting nude Sun/Light and why he and his wife wear so much clothing even when it's hot, he replied that it was a Sin to be without clothing covering the body and that being nude in public like a river leads to evil or some such frack...

I think guilt and shame over our bodies is the real culprit...

Date: December 20, 2015 08:54PM

organic1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> fresh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > you know, people can't just say "I knew someone
> > who did XXX and look what happened" and expect
> me
> > to give it any credence.
>
> Lol coming from the guy that constantly pleads for
> us to take credence in isolated examples like
> robert lockhart or whoever it is this week.
>
> So what you really mean is that you will ignore
> any example if its not in favor of your belief
> system.
>
> Which is cognitive bias once again.

I understand what you said seems to make sense to you in your zeal for a gotcha, but what it does mean, in reality, is that I have no reason to accept what he said without details that would lend some facts to it like extenuating circumstances or dietary methodology. unless you're trying to make the claim that NOBODY EVER DOES A DIET INCORRECTLY OR HAS ANY BODILY PROBLEMS THAT IMPACT SUCCESS AND that if one person fails that means the diet is fault (which is your belief actually)

nunativs,

i agree, kinda funny. so how are your wanderings going?

Date: December 20, 2015 09:05PM

organic1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What you said is fair i wasn't disagreeing with
> that..
>

cool!

> Just your complete inability to apply the same
> rationale to your constant pleas for us to care
> about random internet characters whether
> durianrider or robert lockhart etc, people you
> don't even know.
>
> So you have to forgive us, if we also don't give
> any of these random people any credence either.

I forgive you.

>
> Also its not just one person who is failing
> 80/10/10, its 99% of people who have tried the
> diet, including the majority of the former raw
> food gurus.
>
> Wake up and see that its not just isolated people
> running into troubles with these raw vegan diets
> at this point.
>
> There is a reason why the raw food movement is
> dead.

I look forward to your survey, data, stats to support your 99% quote above

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 21, 2015 02:45AM

When Paul Nison says "the food is depleted" -- if you believe this, then it is true for you, regardless whether is food is truly depleted. Likewise, if you don't believe this, and the food is somewhat deficient, I think people do OK.

For example, given how low nutrient mainstream commercially grown, non organic, and full of GMO mainstream food is, there doesn't seem to be a lot of disease of deficiency.

Date: December 21, 2015 05:33AM

I found it.

Any one want to analyze this? I will take a look some other time..

dhea bad, igt1 bad, parathyroid hormones bad - losing bone, etc

We have no idea what he eats or what he does , when he ate animal foods, etc. So it's hard to make any sense of it.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 21, 2015 06:09AM

All I did was look at the DHEA and IGF-1

his results

dhea 228 "like a 65-70 yr old man" says the doctor

dhea
Typical normal ranges for males are:

Ages 18 - 19: 108 - 441 ug/dL
Ages 20 - 29: 280 - 640 ug/dL
Ages 30 - 39: 120 - 520 ug/dL
Ages 40 - 49: 95 - 530 ug/dL
Ages 50 - 59: 70 - 310 ug/dL
Ages 60 - 69: 42 - 290 ug/dL

So I'm not clear on what the problem is unless there is some clear indication of that level being shown to be clearly unhealthy.

IGF-1 was 92 now 66

those number are Low end but in range
and I don't see where that range is clearly indicated to be a health risk.

maybe the doctor sells the supplements too.

I will look at the ldl and other stuff .

Date: December 21, 2015 06:25AM

PTH levels

49 51 80 42

doctor says he is/was losing bone because of his levels

reference range is 15-65 pg/mL

Again, I don't see a problem . what the hell is the doctor talking about.

Date: December 21, 2015 06:28AM

one reference-

A normal homocysteine level is between 4.4 and 10.8 micromoles per liter of blood.

another reference

Normal serum homocysteine levels are from 2.2 to 13.2 µmo

doctor says should be less than 7. paul's levels were fine with respect to the above ranges.

Again, what the heck is he talking about? Trying to scare paul into buying supps?

Date: December 21, 2015 06:36AM

Finally LDL 178 down to 116

Supposedly 178 is high but we don't know if it was fasting or not.

Assuming it was, then that was his only bad number as far as dr fresh can tell.

This doctor seems to be making up his own reference ranges.

Date: December 21, 2015 06:38AM

another example of why I say show me the data.

the doctor has sent paul on a wild goose chase of cooked food and animal products.

feel free to correct me if you think i am wrong. (not you organic1. you be quiet)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables