Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Persimmon uses
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 27, 2015 10:45PM

Where I live, the persimmon season seems very long. For the aussies out there, it is now cold winter in the United States, yet some fruit is in season, like a full range of citrus, persimmons, grapes, apples, strawberries, pomengranate, etc.

I usually wait until the persimmons are so soft that I peel the outer skin, leaving the orange part intact, especially with the hachiya variety. In that state, the sweetness is extreme. I know some people love eating fuyus when they are crunchy and I certainly enjoy them that way too.

When the persimmons are very soft, they are too sweet to eat by themselves and I feel they are usually too sweet in general too eat by themselves even when they are hard. anyway, in the soft state, I easily mash them with a fork and add to my bitter green juice, like kale juice. I add them to bitter black sesame paste.

And my current favorite, which is why I am writing this to share with you all is:

Tai's Ultimate Chai:

- one big soft peeled hachiya (soft fuyus work too)
- one cup of fresh raw coconut milk
(stir the two ingredients together. Do not blend, or it will become too thick.)
- prepare chai tea in advance for strict rawists. You can do an overnight soaking, a sun tea, a powdered raw version. I will admit that I used heat to make mine due to always being in a rush, but it's not necessary, if you take the time to make it in advance.
- strain the chai tea and stir 12-16 oz of tea into persimmon coconut milk and it's ready to drink.

To me, it's the best chai I have ever had.

(the chai I used is rishi's organic tea: pu er, dandelion root, yerba mate, , cocoa shells, cocoa, long pepper, coconut flakes, cardamon and vanilla bean. Sounds strange and odd but tastes like authentic chai. The cardamon is really high quality.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Persimmon uses
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 28, 2015 06:26AM

Sounds awesome.
Thanks for an original recipe.
Might try this.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables