Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Year 2015 In Review: The Best, Worse, Funniest Posts, The Best, Most Irritating Contributor
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 01, 2016 02:16PM

Happy new year to all.
Let's hope that 2016 will bring us health, love, and peace.
Let's hope that we will be kinder to each other, more respectful of others points of view and we can keep our differences on the merit of the arguments.

For me the best post of 2015 was lisa m post on Breatharianism, Bacteria, and the Original Sin. [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

When we eat a diet of heavily processed ‘convenience’ foods, our digestive system is filled with ‘the bad guys’ - dysbiotic bacteria who cause all kinds of health problems. When we eat a diet of healthy whole foods we develop a much nicer digestive community of symbiotic bacteria who live in harmony with us. Probiotic supplements and traditional fermented foods such as sauerkraut help in this repopulation of the ‘good guys’.

It is the bad guys we are eating that are the causes of our problems not much the lack of nutrients in the raw food we eat. Keeping the digestive system healthy is key.

There were many other great posts and contributors to the forum. I learned a lot from the SproutarianMan posts and got many insights from John Rose and Tai on many things I did not know. Tai brought knowledge on areas of nutrition and health I had never looked into, like acupuncture, herbs, astringent fruits.

The most irritating contributor was... He does not have a name of course.

The funniest post was:

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: December 04, 2015 12:35PM

I see they paroled temp and he reinvented himself as organic1 smiling smiley. Last I heard he was doing 2-5 in a padded cell somewhere near the Scottish border, lol.

The best heavy weight fight of the year. John Rose Vs Suez [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Year 2015 In Review: The Best, Worse, Funniest Posts, The Best, Most Irritating Contributor
Date: January 01, 2016 09:29PM

Temp, I have always valued your posts.
You have good understanding of the issues associated with being on a raw food diet.
Many are not careful and fail on this diet and your posts are good in that regard
This is just to have a good laugh, nothing serious.

Re: Year 2015 In Review: The Best, Worse, Funniest Posts, The Best, Most Irritating Contributor
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: January 02, 2016 12:15PM

I see so much excellent knowledge and wisdom shared here, and feel it would be impossible to make comparisons and judge best/worst etc. BUT I'd just like to say I deeply appreciate your appreciation Raw Practicalist!

That post in particular was something I hesitated in sharing, as it's a little 'out there' for a lot of people. So I thank you for giving me more confidence in sharing more of my true self. Which is always a scary but important thing to do winking smiley

Big thanks to all who contribute here. I've been visiting this forum ever since I went raw, and my journey has certainly been enriched for it, in many ways.

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 02, 2016 10:21PM

I liked reading about Ela's journey. She seems to have no guile. SHe finally settled the case that one can indeed gain excess weight on a fruit and vegetable diet, at least for a woman. THere was a huge question mark with Freelee's and DR's assertion that you can eat all the fruit you want and not gain weight and some overweight women were saying that's not true and how they gained 10,20 and even 30 lbs of excess weight on this high carb all-u-can-eat diet, high fruit diet. IT was in Ela's strict NH-like diet that I also learned valuable lessons from a TCM perspective related to her health challenges.

RElated to this, Arugula brought in a lot of clarity about pure nutrients with the least calories and defied a lot of cookie cutter raw thinking. I appreciated the studies she shared and her sharp insights.

I appreciated SueZ's sharing of her health challenges and how she overcame them. THe only way we learn is through failures and successes. We learn the PROS of the NH diet, but we also have to learn the CONs too. I especially liked learning about how she saved her tooth and how she injured herself (hernia) while she was too stuffed on fruit. I also really liked SUeZ's distilled water story. That was amazing.

I really valued John Rose's juice fasting stories. I wish he would write them all down, compile photos if possible and write a book/pamphlet/website, etc. Those stories get forgotten, if you don't write them down.

I liked COconut Cream's honest journey. A lot of insight into the various raw diets and raw diet retreat centers. Thanks CC!

I like reading Raw Practicalist's health journey and insights. He overcame a lot of health challenges, so he means business. I also like his heart and spiritual inclinations and those added touches to his posts.

I liked the Sproutarian Man's view on sprouts and his studies that he shares. I needed his info to fill in the holes on the raw diet. I was excited to be all raw for awhile after my meeting with Lou, but I wasn't that thrilled with almond coconut nutrition long term. It seemed kind of too fatty for my body. So, I myself was already into sesame and poppy seeds as a way of getting in more minerals with less fat and I was surprised to meet someone else into them too. I have been getting my life in order to do more of his diet, but since it takes more time, I haven't done it yet. But I am really inspired and heading that way. I think my life is going to transform because I am going to be trying various medicinal seeds as sprouts. I just need the time and fewer distractions to do it.

I liked Living Food's pure posts. What a sweet soul. I would have to try his living food, if it's coming from a heart like that.

I did laugh whenever Anon would post. Funny guy. I did appreciate his personal testimony.

Lisa from Scotand does inspire the raw diet. If she can do it in cold Scotland, why can't I do it in California?

But then there was that young man from Sweden who couldn't afford any fresh fruit or vegetables in winter there. He had to eat a McDOugall style of vegan diet and sharing with him was fascinating, as he had an amazing water fasting story of about 40 days with success (bowlegged condition became normal). His constraints proved that some people must learn to adapt to other diets besides fruit and vegetables, at least during some seasons.

I enjoyed JTPrind's posts, especially about his own healing with raw food. ALso, I was inspired that he has stuck with his raw diet, especially because it's cold where he lives.

I liked reading Fresh's own personal healing testimony with raw foods.

I liked La Veronique's colorful and cheerful posts.

I know I am forgetting a bunch of people, but in general I have valued everyone who has shared their personal testimony with raw vegan/veggie food, both the successes and failures.

And temp/organic 1, I appreciated reading your health challenges and how you were able to live normally again.

Happy New Year to everyone!
To a great and unprecedented 2016!

Date: January 03, 2016 12:30AM

organic1 anon has very funny posts has Tai aknowledged, it was just funny what he wrote when you came back but no personal attack.

Like I said I really value your post, always reminding us of the pitfalls on the raw food diet for those who are not careful.

Tai wrote:
>I appreciated SueZ's sharing of her health challenges and how she overcame them. THe only way we learn is through failures and successes. We learn the PROS of the NH diet, but we also have to learn the CONs too. I especially liked learning about how she saved her tooth and how she injured herself (hernia) while she was too stuffed on fruit. I also really liked SUeZ's distilled water story. That was amazing

Correct Tai. Many of us came to rawfood from health issues we had living without paying attention to the rules of good health. So sharing stories of struggles and how we overcome them is a powerful teaching tool and encouragement for all.

Here a quote from Michael Jordan

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Tai introduced us to Lou Corona and the important role of enzymes. That was a big plus for me.

Yes John Rose juice fasting is so inspiring and it is one of my new year resolution to do more of that for longer time span.

Everyone is so special and has a different story that will make a best seller if it was put in a book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2016 12:37AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: January 03, 2016 10:03AM

Interesting Organic1.

I did not know you were so sensitive yet your are the person who turns other people comments into something it is not. here is an example I did not get upset about.
I laughed it off.

Re: Same Old Song And Dance...
Posted by: organic1 ()
Date: November 22, 2015 05:32PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Raw food works.
> Most people do not succeed with it because it is
> hard to undo many years of SAD eating.
> Usually the body is sick, the digestive system is
> not working properly.
> It is not the raw food that is the problem, it is
> the person, the approach.

Why are you drinking goats milk then if strict raw vegan diets work ?

Are you just purposely eating animal foods for the fun of it or indenial about the vital important role animal foods like raw goats milk actually plays in your very own diet ?
The discussion was not on goat milk at all not even on strick veganism. The discussion was on raw food and even if I drink goat milk sometimes it is raw goat milk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2016 10:07AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: January 03, 2016 10:51AM

You got banned many times.

powerlifer > powerlifter > temp > organic1

Remember that one time when you were temp you were asking, begging the administrator of the site to ban you. And as usual anon responded to you with another celebrated funny post because you are saying please ban me and yet you kept posting

Re: richard/jericho/genesis
Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: April 14, 2014 07:50AM

What with all his post editing,(like 10 times for each one), and his "I shouldn't be posting here but.." and othe things, sometimes I get the feeling that the temp powerlifer is typing from a room in a mental health institution somewhere.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2016 10:59AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: January 04, 2016 12:20AM

>Also the reason i was banned the last time was for mentioning sardines, just incase RP wants to spin it.

No comments

Date: January 04, 2016 01:17AM

Thanks for the nice comments on my posts. I can't spend the effort l once did to make quality posts due to time restraints, but l always strive to give good and unique insights into things l see as important.

I like Tai and Living Food the best.Why? They show the importance of being honourable by leading by example. See...raw food is one thing, but we also need to be kind to others and elevate our behaviour to high levels so we don't continue to tarnish the raw food label. They also seek serious cultivation experience/meditation, so that wins big points in my book also. I will value them more than anyone will ever know because they are very rare, and their spirit shines like gold in a way too few do.

I also enjoy some of Suez' posts, because that old bird has some good knowledge and brains behind it all.

I also enjoy Lisa M's refreshing vibrance and energy.

Oh, of course I have a big soft spot for Living Food and will always look upon him fondly as the son l always wanted (he is extra special to me), and l also enjoy watching JPrindl grow and see him as my son as well.

Just call me dad, LOL....l am like that, a nurturer of good people who want it all. I like to be a father to many people privately.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2016 01:22AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 05, 2016 03:24AM

Thanks for the appreciation, TSM. Thanks for living and showing such a unique style of eating and drinking. Chia grass juice...that's so unique.

I forgot to mention Suncloud, Rawgosia and Panchito. Suncloud's posts were educational and it was nice to hear about her sharing about other raw vegan educators.
I credit Rawgosia for giving me the courage to eat so much passion fruit. Her pics of her box of passion fruit came months before my passion fruit vine started putting forth boxes of fruit for the first time. When she put forth her pics, I was just experimenting eating my fruit the first year, not exactly enjoying the seeds and not sure what to do with them. I kept trying to eat them in different ways until finally I got the hang of processing many at once. I also liked Rawgosia's art.

I appreciated Panchito's conservative nutritional perspective.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables