Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!
 

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 05, 2016 09:01PM

I've never seen anything quite like it on Amazon. Ten pages and counting of glaringly mindless fully fake book reviews of this sort ...

5.0 out of 5 stars

By Amazon Customer on January 5, 2016

Format: Paperback

"I can't wait to get this book. I know I will love it"


Almost a hundred gleefully squealing Amazon "book reviews" already and it's but the fully raw book's first day out and about ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 05, 2016 10:28PM

I can imagine Kristina having lots of rave reviews. She certainly has them on her channel and she promoted pre-orders so it doesn't surprise me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: janetc ()
Date: January 05, 2016 11:11PM

Read the two reviews that gave the book 3 stars and it may explain why there are so many 5-star reviews. Don't know if what they wrote is true or not. But if true, interesting marketing tool.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 06, 2016 12:31PM

Why should we believe the RDA requirements? What kind of work do you do? You don't sound anything remotely like a natural hygienist.

I wish Amazon would stop allowing the practice of companies giving freebies in exchange for reviews. Even when they are open about having done so, people tend to be generous in their assessment when they get free stuff and it affects the ratings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: January 06, 2016 01:17PM

Quote
No point in fruits and vegetables if your going to end up with blood tests indicating SEVERELY increased risk of cardiovascular disease, even with an abnormal CHD(coronary heart disease) risk marker to explain in easy words your raw vegan diet is NOT WORKING OR HEALTHY.

Would you mind posting a link to this video? I've only seen one video of hers with a blood test and perhaps it was my ignorance or I have not seen the video you refer to, but she was saying it was indicating near-perfect health?

I like Kristina and many of her recipes, but not sure I'd ever follow her diet. Not enough fat and I found out early on that too little fat makes me feel really run down in a hurry. I don't eat a high fat diet, but not low fat either. I try to keep my diet sensible (I'm also only about 80-90% raw, I still allow for small amounts of certain cooked foods).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: January 06, 2016 01:25PM

SueZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never seen anything quite like it on Amazon.
> Ten pages and counting of glaringly mindless fully
> fake book reviews of this sort ...
>
> 5.0 out of 5 stars
>
> By Amazon Customer on January 5, 2016
>
> Format: Paperback
>
> "I can't wait to get this book. I know I will love
> it"
>
>
> Almost a hundred gleefully squealing Amazon "book
> reviews" already and it's but the fully raw book's
> first day out and about ...


Was there perhaps some kind of limited pre-release to a select group for review before it was released to the public?

If not, that is pretty ridiculous. How can you review something you haven't even read?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 06, 2016 03:06PM

Where does anyone get the idea that reviewers created their reviews before the release date, which was yesterday 1/5? I only saw reviews on that date.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 07, 2016 04:54PM

>>>If anyone wants to become a diet author or expert at this point, they should be required to provide a sample diet plan, which proves that it can supply all the basic essential nutrients we need at least 100% of the RDA and without supplements.

provide evidence that one cannot be healthy without meeting 100% of the RDA.

EVIDENCE!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 11:40AM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>>If anyone wants to become a diet author or
> expert at this point, they should be required to
> provide a sample diet plan, which proves that it
> can supply all the basic essential nutrients we
> need at least 100% of the RDA and without
> supplements.
>
> provide evidence that one cannot be healthy
> without meeting 100% of the RDA.
>
> EVIDENCE!!!

oh, look! how convenient! organic1 slithers away when asked to support his ludicrous statements.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 12:26PM

>For a start that is not what i said or claimed, get a new pair of glasses fresh, however for hypothetical sake.

what you said is equivalent, otherwise why say it?

>Have you ever heard of scurvy(vitamin c), rickets(vitamin d), goiter(iodine deficiency induced goiter), anemia(iron-deficiency/vitamin b12) etc, these are proven states of ill health that result from sub-optimal intake and severe deficiency of these nutrients.

has nothing to do with the RDA

>You should be well of aware of the huge implications that not getting 100% of the RDA for iron and vitamin B12 causes anyway, seeing as how as every second person on here complains of iron deficiency or b12 deficiency from following a vegan diet. Not to mention the wealth of research on B12 deficiency anemia in vegans and the resulting hyperhomocysteinemia it causes(a proven heart disease factor), which has been found to all be caused from sub-optimal intake of dietary vitamin b12 due to a strict vegan diet, incapable of supplying vitamin b12 naturally.

has nothing to do with meeting the RDA

>>Not to mention the number of proven symptoms and health conditions caused by sub-optimal intake of whatever nutrient. Weak bones and insufficient calcium or bone nutrients such as silica, vitamin d etc. Poor immune system function and zinc, vitamin c or vitamin d3 deficiency and so on and so on.

has nothing to do with meeting the RDA

>>I can't believe your argueing about not being able to achieve the lowly RDA, it shows just how sub-optimal and nutritionally weak your raw vegan high sugar , low fat 80/10/10 diet really is, if it can't achieve the lowly RDA for basic essential nutrients and without a number of synthetic supplements, which makes it even more pathetic.

So you cannot support your position, is that what you're saying?

first you say that's not what you said, now you're implying the same thing again.

>>Any healthy diet should be perfectly capable of not only supplying 100% of the lowly RDA for basic nutrients, but also without relying supplements to do so.

any evidence of why the RDA is required for health???

>>>Lets put it another way, how weak is your vegan diet if it can't achieve 100% of the RDA fresh ?


so NOTHING??? no evidence to support your claim?

just what I thought.

that won't stop you from mindlessly repeating it though like some kind of robot stuck in an endless loop.

never answered my question regarding your health? you're in perfect health, is that right (goes to the crux of what is considered a healthy food)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 12:43PM

organic1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has nothing to do with the RDA lololol ?
>
> Ohhh my.
>

so once again you are unable to support your position.

I will take your lack of response to mean that your position IS WITHOUT MERIT AND HEREBY REJECTED. Do you even know what comprises the RDA? do you know what the EAR is? The RDI? I didn't think so. RDA. jeezus.


> I missed your question, my health is completely
> irrelevent and is another strawman response from
> you. Ive had to recover from severe bed-ridden
> CFS to a point that i can now bodybuild and
> exercise as a normal person, and let me tell you
> my 3 years eating vegan nearly wrote my health off
> completely due to its low zinc, low b12, and many
> other nutrient deficiency nature of the diet.
>

right, because it's impossible to get enough b12 in today's world on a vegan diet.
and zinc, well that's impossible too. gawd almighty.

> But yes its completely irrelevent whether im in a
> wheelchair dying or the worlds healthiest man
> running trialathons every 15 minutes.
>

As I already stated above it is relevant to what we consider a "healthy" food. but since you are not honest enough to answer, we are of course left without any input from you to examine the question that you brought up originally.


> How good's your health ? What level of health is
> required until were aloud to have our own opinion
> on here allowed by ohh mighty fresh lol ?
>

missing the point.

> good-night man, this isn't discussing health, this
> is just garbage and you replying who cares or
> doesn't matter to everything i post, including my
> own blood tests that you demanded just the other
> week, so i post my perfect blood test results up
> and of course you don't care lol
>

As I said, blood tests do not determine health/non health.


> nor do you post your own tests up in return, which
> is convient for the guy that expects everyone else
> to jump through hoops answering this or that
> question every 5 seconds.
>

you mean the simple normal logical questions asked to get information to support your blind statements?

> Nothing will ever convince you, just admit it and
> stop wasting everyones time.


nice try, diversionary avoider.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 12:55PM

organic1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah it is impossible to get enough vitamin b12 on
> a vegan diet without supplements, which is exactly
> what my original statement was herp, derp fresho.


your statement above is:

1. Unprovable

2. Likely false as it is environment-dependent

3. The only even remotely possible argument you have for your incessant antiveganantiraw posts, even though you try to add in others such as zincdhataurineblahblahblah.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2016 12:56PM by fresh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 08, 2016 01:30PM

Kiwibird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've never seen anything quite like it on
> Amazon.
> > Ten pages and counting of glaringly mindless
> fully
> > fake book reviews of this sort ...
> >
> > 5.0 out of 5 stars
> >
> > By Amazon Customer on January 5, 2016
> >
> > Format: Paperback
> >
> > "I can't wait to get this book. I know I will
> love
> > it"
> >
> >
> > Almost a hundred gleefully squealing Amazon
> "book
> > reviews" already and it's but the fully raw
> book's
> > first day out and about ...
>
>
> Was there perhaps some kind of limited pre-release
> to a select group for review before it was
> released to the public?
>
> If not, that is pretty ridiculous. How can you
> review something you haven't even read?

Yes, it certainly is ridiculous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 02:12PM

1968 RDA's were 2 to 10 times the current levels.

A lot less people must have been healthy back then according to organic1.

[www.artesanias-minerales.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 02:16PM

organic1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah and yet the raw fan boys like fresh expect
> you to just believe random isolated one or two
> examples like robert lockhart or JR.
>

you have made the statements, not me.
you are required to support your statements

if there is a specific statement i have made that you wish for me to support I will do so.

> How can you not believe the complete word of
> random stranger ? This is great evidence lol.
>
> Yet you supply link after link to double blind
> studies, massive review studies that have reviewed
> hundreds of studies etc to come to their
> conclusions and guess what ?
>

Show one link to support your claim that a person requires 100% of each RDA to be healthy.
one link.



> Who cares lol, doesn't matter anyway. - Fresh(tm)

???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 02:38PM

organic1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apply evidence to anything you've ever said around
> here basically lol.
>
> How about we flip this for once and i ask you the
> questions.
>
> How about you show me that your typical high
> sugar/low fat raw vegan 80/10/10 is healthy ?
>

I don't eat a "high sugar/low fat raw vegan 80/10/10 diet"


> Show me just one shred of even half decent
> evidence, not just your typical anecdotal response
> of, ohh go look at durianrider who isn't even raw
> anymore anyway or go look at chris califano or any
> other random person you've never even met in real
> life.
>

OK, so you don't believe anyone. Can't help you there.

> Show me that your typical daily intake can supply
> all the basic essential nutrients and without
> supplements.

I have never made any claim about NO SUPPLEMENTS. you have.
I say no supplements except b12
So I reject your demand above as it misstates my position.

Which you've already done to jtprindl
> on here and there was no b12, D3, low in selenium,
> no iodine, insufficent ALA intake ??? and other
> nutrients off the top of my head, so we know your
> diet is weak and sub-optimal.
>

Why do you ask a question and then answer it yourself?
If you want to do that then don't bother asking.
I have already posted my diet here and the results from cron and as I recall almost all were over 100% and a couple were a bit lower.

> You're never going to believe in anything and
> thats completely fine, live in lala land believing
> elevated triglycerides to be healthy and low
> HDL(good cholesterol) to mean your in good health
> and not really at increased risk of heart disease
> and so on.

I believe things with logic or evidence presented.

You have failed to support your statement as usual.

You have also ignored the details that explain kristina's results because you are a biased zealot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 02:51PM

organic1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haha so you don't have any evidence then ?
>
> So you've just been sitting for the past 7 years
> on every known raw forum with all your fake alia's
> like "flow", anon and whoever it is this week,
> defending the raw vegan 80/10/10 high sugar/low
> fat diet every minute of the day for free, yet you
> don't even follow the diet lol ?
>

you're rambling again.

I "follow the diet", I just don't call it what YOU call it.
specifically, I don't call it a "high sugar, blah blah, "



> Well at least you again confirm that you don't
> actually eat that way, just champion the diet to
> others and defend it verhemently every minute you
> get without probably ever trying it once for
> yourself, although im sure you'll dedicate your
> whole life to defending 80/10/10 lol.
>

so many keystrokes wasted.

> Can you tell me why your so keen on defending a
> clearly dangerous diet thats landed so many people
> for e.g like Gosia's friend Heather who landed in
> ER from malnutriton on your treasured 30BAD
> durianrider diet ? especially when you don't
> follow the diet yourself, so how do you know their
> all doing the diet wrong lol you don't even do it
> yourself, absolutely clueless ?

logic fails you.
X people do fine, 1 person fails, must be the diet. is a failed logic conclusion.

>
> What motivates you to do that for free, every day
> of your life basically ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 08, 2016 02:58PM

"So you've just been sitting for the past 7 years on every known raw forum with all your fake alia's like "flow", anon and whoever it is this week, defending the raw vegan 80/10/10 high sugar/low fat diet every minute of the day for free, yet you don't even follow the diet lol ?"

Now you've got me wondering how many of the 200 and some odd fully fake "book reviews" by non raw vegan,s (who haven't even read the fully raw diet book), at Amazon fresh has written. It seems right up his line, doesn't it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 03:19PM

organic1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A fail in logic, is the guy who blames someone
> having a handful of cooked nuts, on why they've
> developed severe diet induced malnutrition and
> having to be admitted to ER to be replenished with
> IV nutrition if i remember correctly.
>
> Thats a fail in logic, but im sure your bias will
> be too blind to ever see that.

Your statement above, of course, is something that YOU DON'T REMEMBER CORRECTLY.

suez do you have any more ethics than organic1?

I have written zero and I find the whole phony writing of reviews to be rather distasteful. but don't allow your illogical distaste for me to get in the way of wild conjectures and pointless insults. so much nicer when you were not here. but alas you apparently are back again to spread your particular brand of pointless negativity. have at it then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 09, 2016 07:58PM

janetc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Read the two reviews that gave the book 3 stars
> and it may explain why there are so many 5-star
> reviews. Don't know if what they wrote is true or
> not. But if true, interesting marketing tool.

I just checked and there are a few more reviewers (and comments on the reviews)now stating that there really was an email from Kristina promising to give a Vitamix to the person who wrote the best review of her book.

I hope it's not true - it's horrible if these youngsters are being manipulated and used to pull in new customers for her like that. I feel especially bad for one boy who's last line in his book review was this ...

"( I 16 years old am using my moms amazon account because i do not personally have one, hopefully this doesn't eliminate me from the contest ): "

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 14, 2016 10:49AM

I am not personally on her email list so don't know if this is what started the mad flurry of faux reviews on Amazon but if this is really what she sent out to people who were signed in to receive her requests it explains a lot ...

"I am doing a giveaway to THREE people who write the BEST Amazon review! ... Please go now and share why you love this lifestyle, your favorite FullyRaw recipe, why you love my work, a testimonial, or anything that inspires you to live a healthier lifestyle! Email me a copy of your review at ... , and I'll pick the top 3 most inspirational reviews."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 14, 2016 11:07AM

not really a great idea imo but the way she wrote it is not unethical

people try all kinds of things to get exposure from free review copies, etc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 14, 2016 11:17AM

I don't agree with fresh's comment. I agree with the businessman and the attorney's take on it - unscrupulous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully Fake Book Reviews
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 14, 2016 03:27PM

what is the story behind the nearly 500 "Amazon.com" reviews as opposed to the two REGULAR reviews.

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.


Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables