Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Has Raw Food Lost Some of It's Momentum?
Posted by: Ifeelgood ()
Date: January 14, 2016 07:35PM

organic1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I have no doubt that we'll continue to see more
> and more research highlighting the dangers of
> strict vegetarian/vegan diets, rather than the
> benefits.

I'm more inclined to be a vegan because of the animals rather than any health benefits or any research, if my health had worsened I probably would have continued being a vegan. So most of the animal products in my diet are not planned, they are more like social situations, where I become a vegetarian, and (ironically) the fake burgers and cheese which sometimes have some animal products in them. But for the first few years that I was a vegan I was very strict and wouldn't even have eaten those.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 14, 2016 07:40PM

Prana Wrote:
> ifeelgood, thanks for sharing your experience!!

My pleasure! It's so nice to have a forum like this to share in.

Date: January 15, 2016 03:50PM

organic1 Wrote:
> But when you are getting progressively more
> disabled like i was, bed-ridden most of the day
> with chronic fatigue syndrome, dysautonomia and a
> number of other health problems, barely able to
> walk up the stairs or get in the bath due to
> debility, which was all partly due to functional
> vitamin b12 deficiency, i think you'd probably
> revise your outlook that you'd let your health
> suffer regardless just to stay "vegan".

Gosh, you've got mercury poisoning! Mercury depletes B12. Does any of this sound familiar, the muscle weakness mentioned in the symptoms list might equal your chronic fatigue and difficulty in walking up the steps. The second quote talks about how mercury oxidizes the cobalt atom in B12.

[www.medicinenet.com]

In addition to the subtle impairments noted above, symptoms of methylmercury poisoning may include;

impairment of the peripheral vision;
disturbances in sensations ("pins and needles" feelings, usually in the hands, feet, and around the mouth);
lack of coordination of movements;
impairment of speech, hearing, walking; and
muscle weakness.

Symptoms of elemental mercury effects

Symptoms include these:

tremors;
emotional changes (e.g., mood swings, irritability, nervousness, excessive shyness);
insomnia;
neuromuscular changes (such as weakness, muscle atrophy, twitching);
headaches;
disturbances in sensations;
changes in nerve responses;
performance deficits on tests of cognitive function.
At higher exposures there may be kidney effects, respiratory failure and death.

Symptoms of high exposures to inorganic mercury include:

skin rashes and dermatitis;
mood swings;
memory loss;
mental disturbances; and
muscle weakness.

[www.howweheal.com]

Inorganic mercury is known to accumulate on the BBB. It is thought that it oxidises the cobalt atom in methylcobalamin, making it far less able to cross the barrier. Inorganic mercury is thus a creator of deficiency of B12 in the nervous system and symptoms usually attributed to mercury toxicity in the brain and nerves are due to its effect on B12. Inorganic mercury exposure is most commonly from mercury amalgam dental fillings and vaccines. Psychiatrist John Dommisse in the USA claims to have reversed 100% of his pre-Alzhemiers patients with the use of methylcobalamin as well as many cases of depression. Methylcobalamin is highly recommended by the Swedish Association of Dental Mercury Patients. It has been used successfully in the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia - more than 60% of these patients have tested for low levels in the cerebrospinal fluid. It has been used successfully as part of treatments in Autism, Schizophrenia and Multiple Sclerosis and has great potential in Parkinson's Disease and Muscular Dystrophy as well as other neurological or psychological disorders. In such cases intramuscular injections or sublingual liquids or lozenges of methylcobalamin are maximally effective in combating deficiency symptoms since they by-pass the complex absorption process in the intestines. There is no evidence for toxicity of methylcobalamin. Up to 40mg per day has been used therapeutically in some cases. Large doses have been used since it must overwhelm the effect of any mercury on the BBB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 03:56PM by Ifeelgood.

Date: January 15, 2016 04:14PM

Well good for you for turning your health around! What you went through sounds awful.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: January 15, 2016 06:10PM

Ifeelgood Wrote:
> Well good for you for turning your health around!
> What you went through sounds awful.

While his stories have remnants of truth to it Or-manic 1 has a known tendency to sensationalize and is a callous murderer of the truth. He is well known in raw food circles as "powerliar". He just, the other day, told a big lie about Doug Graham and when I called him out on it he back-peddaled like a Ringling circus clown.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: January 15, 2016 09:34PM

back-peddled(my post above) has an extra "a" compliments of typing on a phone. Or-manic 1 could have called me out on that one but chances are he didn't know himself smiling smiley.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables