Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tiny Cold Snap Hits S CA and Suddenly Raw Youtubers Start Eating Cooked Food Again
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 13, 2016 04:15PM

Coincidence?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tiny Cold Snap Hits S CA and Suddenly Raw Youtubers Start Eating Cooked Food Again
Date: January 13, 2016 04:21PM

So far, from what I've seen so far on Youtube, Rawvanna decided she just must have cooked beans when sweater weather arrived and Dara is now featuring a fried Indian recipe.

Re: Tiny Cold Snap Hits S CA and Suddenly Raw Youtubers Start Eating Cooked Food Again
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: January 13, 2016 05:09PM

It never gets super cold where I live (rarely drops below freezing) but I have to admit, when it's 38 degrees and has been raining for a few straight days, it's certainly not always the easy choice to eat another cold salad or fruit platter when all you want is some hot soup or beans and rice (not to mention the limited selection of produce in many areas during the winter). I find it much easier to eat close to 95%+ raw in the summer when produce is abundant and it's hot out than in the winter (where I'll do a couple cooked meals a week and eat more like 85% raw). Then again, I'm perfectly happy on a high-raw diet and don't make myself out to be 100% raw. Seems kind of hypocritical to put yourself out there as an example of someone who does 100% raw vegan foods then run for the nearest cooked foods as soon as it gets chilly.

Date: January 13, 2016 06:19PM

Kiwibird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It never gets super cold where I live (rarely
> drops below freezing) but I have to admit, when
> it's 38 degrees and has been raining for a few
> straight days, it's certainly not always the easy
> choice to eat another cold salad or fruit platter
> when all you want is some hot soup or beans and
> rice (not to mention the limited selection of
> produce in many areas during the winter). I find
> it much easier to eat close to 95%+ raw in the
> summer when produce is abundant and it's hot out
> than in the winter (where I'll do a couple cooked
> meals a week and eat more like 85% raw). Then
> again, I'm perfectly happy on a high-raw diet and
> don't make myself out to be 100% raw. Seems kind
> of hypocritical to put yourself out there as an
> example of someone who does 100% raw vegan foods
> then run for the nearest cooked foods as soon as
> it gets chilly.

I would be surprised if they associate their sudden cooked food urges with the cold, quite frankly. Where I am "cold" is when after you wash your hair and fetch the mail from the mailbox at the end of your driveway your hair is frozen solid by the time you get back in the house - it's not when you feel you might have to put on a sweater.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 14, 2016 07:18PM

I watched the two videos of Rawvana talking about cooked food. It seems beyond the weather. For one, she calls Cafe Gratitude her favorite restaurant. Cafe Gratitude has a lot of raw dishes, but the raw entrees are not so satisfying there. (Their raw wrap is forgettable and not something I would order again.) So it was only a matter of time before she ate the signature dishes.
They have a lot of cool raw deserts made with irish moss, but that's not a meal. But if she really has a lot of money, as Harley says, then it would be possible to order several raw dishes to get full there.
[cafegratitude.com]
And then she missed her mother's food.
If she really has a lot of money as Harley says, then she could hire a personal raw chef/prep person. So it seems the issue is beyond that.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 14, 2016 08:36PM

I didn't know what you guys were talking about.. Rawvana...who? So, I looked it up. Here is the video.

[www.youtube.com]

What got me was the title "EPIC FAIL".

That was hilarious!

In the REAL WORLD, an "epic" fail would be something like : man's 30 year marriage is destroyed due to an affair, boss can't pay his employees and has declared bankruptcy... sally jane gets fired from her job as vice president due to being found out of her cocaine habit etc.

What is Rawvana's "epic fail"?

She ate some steamed pumpkin ROFL!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 14, 2016 08:41PM

Tai, the Café Gratitude mention surprised me for a second, (until I went to your link and saw they also have a restaurant in Venice), because Dara and Herbie are often raving about the food there, which they seem to buy all the time, too. Glad to hear another opinion as from what I've seen on the videos of the food I couldn't see anything raw that looked impressive at all to me.

I don't know how wealthy these women are but both Dara and Rawvanna seem to be able to do whatever they want to do, whenever they want - and in very expensive places dressed in fashionable upscale clothing. Dara even posted a video of when the two of them bumped into each other while vacationing in Paris not long ago, lol. Jetsetters.

Dara actually has had personal kitchen help for years so I don't know what's going on about why she now says cooked vegan is fine. Rawvanna also has other tather new videos of herself shopping for cookware and eating cooked squash.

I'm sure there must be other factors beyond the weather that is coming into play for them, though, too. Dara's daughter is getting to the age where her father might not have to be supplementing household expenses much longer, for instance, and Rawvanna just moved out of her parents home into what looks like an upscale apartment overlooking the city and the ocean.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 14, 2016 08:51PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> I didn't know what you guys were talking about..
> Rawvana...who? So, I looked it up. Here is the
> video.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> What got me was the title "EPIC FAIL".
>
>
> That was hilarious!
>
> In the REAL WORLD, an "epic" fail would be
> something like : man's 30 year marriage is
> destroyed due to an affair, boss can't pay his
> employees and has declared bankruptcy... sally
> jane gets fired from her job as vice president due
> to being found out of her cocaine habit etc.
>
> What is Rawvana's "epic fail"?
>
> She ate some steamed pumpkin ROFL!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

agreed

Date: January 14, 2016 10:03PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> I didn't know what you guys were talking about..
> Rawvana...who? So, I looked it up. Here is the
> video.
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Oh come on - that's not Rawvanna's video.

The basic model girl in your posted video, with the wrenching fingernails on a chalkboard voice, is, essentially, doing a farce on a farce. That aspect seems to have gone quite far over her seemingly simple head - or maybe it's just a cultural thing and she simply missed the other side of the pond humor of "Epic Fail".

Rawvanna is not a clueless idiot. She is smart. Once again, La_V and fresh, Rawvanna's "Epic Fail" video is a farce.

Date: January 14, 2016 10:08PM

Tai, this newer video from RawVanna gives up another clue, a big one, as to what's going on with her changing thoughts on food.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 14, 2016 11:03PM

rawvana's video

more unscientific nonsense.

Date: January 14, 2016 11:13PM

SueZ Wrote:

> Rawvanna is not a clueless idiot. She is smart.
> Once again, La_V and fresh, Rawvanna's "Epic Fail"
> video is a farce.

my comment was based solely upon someone saying epic fail for eating squash or whatever.
of course if it is a farce then not. didn't watch the vid

Date: January 14, 2016 11:31PM

"my comment was based solely upon someone saying epic fail for eating squash or whatever.
of course if it is a farce then not. didn't watch the vid"

Why, of course. Who would expect anything more out of you, Mr.logic science guy? ...

Date: January 15, 2016 12:29AM

arhh, me harmones is a wee bit off, must need somore fat! that settles it

feeling a bit cold? more fat!!

irritable? more fat. craving cooked? more fat!!

Date: January 15, 2016 02:08AM

>Rawvanna is not a clueless idiot. She is smart.

maybe not, but posting 3 minutes videos where she says, "I got a new speaker"!

or "I'm thinking about eating some cooked vegan food"! stay tuned for my next video!

banal self absorbed boring

Date: January 15, 2016 03:14AM

Here's the video from when Dara and RawVanna met up in Paris (where RawVanna lived for 4 years while she was going to school). They have an interesting little talk on the different ways of going with the raw food diet and then they go fruit and veggie shopping at various organic produce shops.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 15, 2016 06:23AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 06:24AM by la_veronique.

Date: January 20, 2016 10:37PM

Yesterday I went back to check their sites and saw that both Dara and Rawvanna are featuring more new cooked vegan food.

Rawvanna is going back to school taking some new age course. Dara is doing a lot of travel with Dara stuff these days. She seems to be in a jet set on steroids phase. Maybe she will end up as a travel agent or something.

40belowfruity now has a full time job to pay for yoga instructor training, or something like that.

Date: January 21, 2016 04:19PM

suez,

I already asked you once. I am asking you again.

since you are so hot on saying that other people are fake raw vegans, why don't you post all the food items that you eat.

Date: January 21, 2016 05:26PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Yesterday I went back to check their sites and saw
> that both Dara and Rawvanna are featuring more new
> cooked vegan food.
>
> Rawvanna is going back to school taking some new
> age course. Dara is doing a lot of travel with
> Dara stuff these days. She seems to be in a jet
> set on steroids phase. Maybe she will end up as a
> travel agent or something.
>
> 40belowfruity now has a full time job to pay for
> yoga instructor training, or something like that.

I read online that on her Spanish speaking YouTube account Rawvanna mentioned that on the diet she was on (sorry I don't know enough about her raw vegan diet to know what all that entails - or entailed) she was only having menses 2 or 3 times a year!

I don't speak Spanish but when I went to check her Spanish channel out for myself I was shocked to see her showing off her very long underarm hair which she proceeded to shave off with an electric razor which she added to her channel's Amazon shopping cart. I'm not kidding but I wish I was.

Date: January 21, 2016 11:36PM

I've always found that it is far easier to be all raw and eat really well during winter because l always eat the heavy foods and am able to grow lots of greens etc. But during the summer l need to be more careful because l am unable to grow many greens (too hot for most things to survive), and too much fruit can bring on cravings and take away that usual satisfied feeling on raw. If l keep away from fruit my job at being raw is easy to manage, but fruit brings struggles so l usually prefer to avoid it, and l find that veggies doesn't do much either. What does it for me is legume sprouts and seed sprouts...good hearty meals that satisfy and stabilises myself for hours.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: January 21, 2016 11:59PM

Migration is the key. It's a balmy 75 here in Palm Springs with mostly sunny skies. Camped in an RV park is a medjool date orchard and they harvested the dates in end of September available for $5 a pound. Citrus trees everywhere, pick and eat. Tank tops and shorts are the only clothing necessary...

Date: January 22, 2016 12:05AM

SueZ Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yesterday I went back to check their sites and
> saw
> > that both Dara and Rawvanna are featuring more
> new
> > cooked vegan food.
> >
> > Rawvanna is going back to school taking some
> new
> > age course. Dara is doing a lot of travel with
> > Dara stuff these days. She seems to be in a jet
> > set on steroids phase. Maybe she will end up as
> a
> > travel agent or something.
> >
> > 40belowfruity now has a full time job to pay
> for
> > yoga instructor training, or something like
> that.
>
>
> I read online that on her Spanish speaking YouTube
> account Rawvanna mentioned that on the diet she
> was on (sorry I don't know enough about her raw
> vegan diet to know what all that entails - or
> entailed) she was only having menses 2 or 3 times
> a year!
>
> I don't speak Spanish but when I went to check her
> Spanish channel out for myself I was shocked to
> see her showing off her very long underarm hair
> which she proceeded to shave off with an electric
> razor which she added to her channel's Amazon
> shopping cart. I'm not kidding but I wish I was.

Just to clarify - what Rawvanna added to her channel Amazon cart for her fans to buy was the electric razor and NOT her underarm hair. If it had been the reverse she might have gotten even more than the 555 thumbs down on that video that she had amassed already when I watched it, lol.

Date: January 22, 2016 12:18AM

NuNativs Wrote:
> Migration is the key. It's a balmy 75 here in Palm
> Springs with mostly sunny skies. Camped in an RV
> park is a medjool date orchard and they harvested
> the dates in end of September available for $5 a
> pound. Citrus trees everywhere, pick and eat. Tank
> tops and shorts are the only clothing necessary...

So Dara should have migrated there from Venice Beach and Rawvanna should have migrated there from San Diego? Hmmm.

Date: January 22, 2016 01:07AM

I was thinking about you and your frozen hair really. They're already in good position, though I was in Santa Barbara for a few weeks and it was a bit nippy...

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 22, 2016 02:59AM

Nunativs
a balmy 75 here in Palm Springs with mostly sunny skies.

Tai
So you got to be around when the snow was on the mountains, making the city pretty.

Recently I spent a little time in Desert Hot Springs in the hot mineral springs and wet sauna. One day it rained and the next day, the snow was covering the mountains. I never could appreciate Palm Springs before, but it was actually beautiful in that state.

Date: January 22, 2016 12:11PM

NuNativs Wrote:
> I was thinking about you and your frozen hair
> really. They're already in good position, though I
> was in Santa Barbara for a few weeks and it was a
> bit nippy...

Yeah, I reckoned it shouldn't have been that different but I've never been to that part of the country and don't know much about it's terrain.

Staying warm where I am, for me, means adding more hot pepper to food. I don't know if that works so easily and well for people who spend a lot of time outside in cold, though.

Date: January 22, 2016 04:06PM

Tai, we were in Desert Hot Springs soaking last week and are going back in two weeks to soak for a solid week at an RV resort. It's quite beautiful here in the winter. We'll stay till around early April then head North and up in elevation...

Date: January 22, 2016 04:24PM

NuNativs Wrote:
> Tai, we were in Desert Hot Springs soaking last
> week and are going back in two weeks to soak for a
> solid week at an RV resort. It's quite beautiful
> here in the winter. We'll stay till around early
> April then head North and up in elevation...

I hope it's not like this one which looks like a parking lot.

[www.google.com]

Date: January 22, 2016 07:23PM

fresh Wrote:
> suez,
>
> I already asked you once. I am asking you again.
>
> since you are so hot on saying that other people
> are fake raw vegans, why don't you post all the
> food items that you eat.

third time.

why are you so critical of others and their alleged fake veganism yet you won't post what you ate in the last month?

hypocrite?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables