Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food And Running Question
Posted by: taylor123 ()
Date: January 14, 2016 05:45AM

Hello everyone,

I am running 15 miles at a time right now and am about 85% raw and 15% cooked, I am following the hallelujah diet pretty well. I don't do well with any grains like wheat, rice, beans e.t.c. as I am somewhat allergic to them including the gluten. I am also electrosensitive.

Anyways, I am wanting to go 100% raw but have some issues. When I go 100% raw after about 3 days I start feeling like I need more fuel, I think I get low in calories and then am somewhat weak feeling. How can I go 100% raw and still have the energy to run 15+ miles at a time? Raw foods make me feel great and give me lots of energy including all the juices and superfoods I take but I am pretty sure that eating lots of healthy fats isn't the best way to get that energy. If I eat seeds then it makes that lack of energy go away but I don't believe that eating 1 cup of nuts and seeds or 2 avocados a day is the best solution. Please give me some advice. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food And Running Question
Date: January 15, 2016 01:47PM

Any suggestions from anyone?

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 15, 2016 02:16PM

Lou Corona teaches that men can eat 1-2 cups of nuts and seeds a day on the raw diet, but only in the following way:

-soak nuts and seeds overnight. He recommends 24 hours for almonds
-Blend wih a little water and add a probioic and blend until a puree.
-Let sit 4 hours and refrigerate.
The probiotic breaks the fat down into fatty acids, so the nuts don't sit in your stomach.

THe other method is more of the sproutarian method. The sproutarian man has his own website to teach these things

Date: January 15, 2016 02:41PM

Thank you for responding I really appreciate that.

I'll make sure and try the nuts/seeds soaking method. I think that's a great suggestion.

How about soaking oatmeal and eating it raw?

Gerson therapy doesn't allow sprouting if I am correct. What's your thought on that?

Date: January 17, 2016 06:22AM

Anyone else have any suggestions? How do you live nearly 100% and still workout super hard without consuming tons and tons of avocados, nuts and seeds and oils?

I'm going to experiment with Tai suggestions on soaking them overnight with probiotics.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 17, 2016 06:26AM

[www.runningraw.com]

[www.youtube.com]

maybe you can find something good in there

your body will adjust and change over time and %raw also.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables