Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pettenkofer
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 23, 2016 02:33PM

Tai,

apparently he ingested cholera and didn't get ill.

people who discuss this event try to jump through all kinds of hoops to try to dismiss his results.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pettenkofer
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 23, 2016 06:50PM

I did say I don't know any ordinary human natural healers who would dare drink a vial of active virus. Bacteria are not so scary. In fact, Lou Corona depends on bacteria to break down his nuts and seeds for him on a daily basis. Many vegans are into probiotics. Most people wouldn't try ingesting dangerous bacteria, needless to say.

Anyway, Fresh, I don't think we really disagree here. The great natural healers I know are vegans because it cuts down on infection and better for immune system.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Pettenkofer obtained bouillon laced with a large dose of Vibrio cholerae bacteria from Robert Koch, the proponent of the theory that the bacteria was the sole cause of the disease. He consumed the bouillon in a self-test in the presence of several witnesses on 7 October 1892. He also took bicarbonate of soda to neutralise his stomach acid to counter a suggestion by Koch that the acid could kill the bacteria. Pettenkofer suffered mild symptoms for nearly a week but claimed these were not associated with cholera. The modern view is that he did indeed have cholera, but was lucky to just have a mild case and he possibly had some immunity from a previous episode.[2]

Re: Pettenkofer
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 23, 2016 08:39PM

yes I read what you highlighted. not impressed.

interesting to ponder what the difference is between bad and good microorgs, eh?

for example

[en.wikipedia.org]

that is universally claimed to be so very damaging, yet...

sometimes asymptomatic sometimes not

depends upon whether toxin receptor present

so even in this allegedly very virulent example , it's conditional.

it's the conditions that are interesting and those conditions are not typically mentioned or even understood by maintstream science as they have a bit of a blind spot to some things.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables