Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food question
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 05, 2007 09:26PM

Hey folks. I'm new to this board, so I'll give a little introduction first, I guess. My name is Liam and I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico where I'm a Junior at St. John's College. I've been living in the States for about two and a half years -- I'm from Scotland.

I've been a vegan for a year now and I have recently been getting very interested in the idea of raw foods. But naturally I am a bit scared. Here's my main question: if I start eating more raw foods, my body creates less enzymes, right? Does this make it harder to digest cooked foods? I doubt my abilities to stick with raw foods when I go out to dinner or when I travel, and I worry about digestion problems if my stomach has been used to enzyme rich food for a long time. What do your experiences say?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food question
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 05, 2007 11:53PM

My experience / opinion:

-Analyze the level of raw food that you eat now...normally in your everyday diet...and are comfortable with. It may be 1%....it may be 5%...or 10%...whatever. Then establish YOUR lifetime goal(s). Do you want to stay at 1% your whole life? Do you want to be at 10% your whole life? 50%? 99%? 100%? Choose YOUR goal and set mini-goals with generous time-frames.

-As you eat healthier, you will probably become proportionately more sensitive to crap - yes. Is this going to stop you from pursuing your health goal? Ha! ha! Of course not.

-What do you think?

-David Z. Mason

Re: Raw food question
Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 05, 2007 11:58PM

I have been raw for 1 month now. Not 100% Actually I've been about 95% I usually eat 1 or 2 things uncooked throughout the day. Why? Because I cant let go of the things I enjoy like a cup of coffee or sometimes my spouse will bring something home I shouldnt eat like pop corn.. oye ... Im still learning.. I learn every day and I know this.. You will be fine. I was scared too. I didnt know anything and I asked alot of questions. Maybe even more than you. All you can get is healthier. There is no down side to being raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables