Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I love you guys
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 06, 2007 12:58AM

I love coming here and just blabbing my mouth off about just about everything. I do. I always have something to say about everything and it is fun. We all have opinions on everything. . It feels like the questions will never stop coming and there is always something to learn about.Whenever I hear of BIG NEWS I rush to this board and post it. I look up you guy's websites , am so proud of all of you and impressed. We are pioneers in this internet world. We are the experts in our field.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2007 01:04AM by coconutcream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I love you guys
Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:14AM

awwwww we love you too smiling smiley I know what you mean about so much to learn about everything. Its wonderful we have a place like with wonderful people like you who help us learnm how to live better lives smiling smiley

Date: January 06, 2007 01:32AM

Yes, even the crabby people are so much fun to listen to

Date: January 06, 2007 01:36AM

lol!!!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:51AM

Coconutcream, I've enjoyed reading your posts & this site is a bright light of my day, too. Everyones subjective & objective posts are fascinating to me, and I've learned so much.

Posted by: jamied1217 ()
Date: January 06, 2007 05:45AM

Hey All!

I feel the same way. I got into raw foods by my ex-boyfriend. He opened me up to this new world...but then I got dumped! sad smiley

I wanted to stay raw, but once he left, i had no support. All my friends, family and co-workers thought ( and still do) that I was nuts for eating like this. I was going to quit but then I found this website and got the support i needed to stay on track.

I love comming to this website everyday (ok maybe 5 times a day!) just to read what you guys have to say. It so nice to know I am not alone in the world.

By the way, I read your website and your writing is beauitful and I share a lot of the same thoughts as you...where are you from?

Thank you all and love you guys also! Namaste

Love you,
Jamie smiling smiley

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: January 06, 2007 05:47AM

*HUGS*

Date: January 06, 2007 07:05AM

Hi Jamie,
awwwwww I know what you mean about not having support.

I got into rawfoods cause I got into juicing cause I had all kinds of health problems I was having digestion bleeding my ears were often both blocked and bleeding too I couldnt' hear very well and I had throat problems and other stuff too I don't tell this often. I kept kleenex in me all the time cause I was always sore and bleeding.

I was really really embarrassed about all that so I told no one. Well I started eating raw vegetarian foods and it really helped people made fun of me though sad smiley Everyone went to wendys or mcdonalds and I brought my rawfoods and people called me a faggot and said you ****in fruit why can't you eat a real mans food.

What really broke me one time was we had day to go to beach and well I wanted to stop to get cooler and friend said oh no you don't mean for those gay like juices and stuff you have I just said I wanted a few things and he said forget it **** off we dont' want you you're such an idiot why can't you just be normal well anyway I didn't get to go cause I wouldn't be "normal" Of course I wasn't allowed to join them and go I was kicked out of that invitation oh well.

Rawfood boards are the only source I have for anything nicer than that so I love everyone here you are all just so much nicer and kinder than other people I deal with

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2007 07:16AM by singinraw.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 06, 2007 07:42AM

Oh, that's terrible, Singinraw. You sound young and it's hard for younger people to deal with rejection. They just don't "get it" yet. Maybe someday they will learn. I too, when I was a teen, turned into a health nut because of health problems. I was teased by family & friends, too. When people get sick and their health starts dwindeling, then they will listen. Just be confident in yourself. Confidence is sexy & attractive. Hang out with people who except you for who you are and who don't stress you out and are peaceful to be around. Even my best friend made fun of my food, and then one day she was eating like a health freak, which was ironic. Sometimes people really are thinking about the logistics of it all, they just hide it, then bam, they start eating healthy. So just be a confident & friendly, good example. You'll run into people who will appreciate what they learn from you, & love you for it.

Date: January 06, 2007 09:45AM

man, anyone who treats anyone like that is an idiot...

I had throat problems too and eating healthier cleared them up. When anyone asks me about my lifestyle, my answers are short and simple:
I'm a singer
alcohol and junk food dehydrate
I can't sing when I'm dehydrated because of past throat problems
If I start even drinking a little, I will drink way too much (and become addicted)

That usually does it smiling smiley

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:11PM

Love is great and if someone needs it, give love.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 06, 2007 02:39PM

I am very thankful, too, for all you guys. I jumped into raw head first with a husband and three kids following me. A little scary. Ya'll have been a great support and source of information. It always helps to know people have your back when you are going against the flow of society. I have no doubt that most people will get sick and tired of being sick and tired and we will be looked to for answers instead of ridiculed. Take heart singinraw. Our time will come.

Posted by: monson ()
Date: January 06, 2007 03:19PM

singinraw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was really really embarrassed about all that so
> I told no one. Well I started eating raw
> vegetarian foods and it really helped people made
> fun of me though sad smiley Everyone went to wendys or
> mcdonalds and I brought my rawfoods and people
> called me a faggot and said you ****in fruit why
> can't you eat a real mans food.
>
> What really broke me one time was we had day to go
> to beach and well I wanted to stop to get cooler
> and friend said oh no you don't mean for those gay
> like juices and stuff you have I just said I
> wanted a few things and he said forget it **** off
> we dont' want you you're such an idiot why can't
> you just be normal well anyway I didn't get to go
> cause I wouldn't be "normal" Of course I wasn't
> allowed to join them and go I was kicked out of
> that invitation oh well.

what type of people do you hang out with?
are you friends with a bunch of drunk frat boys?
when i first went vegan i got @#$%& from friends, and it was definitely annoying but it was nothing serious.

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: January 06, 2007 03:19PM

Wow this is the greatest thread!!! There are so many times I just want to come in and read some positivity viola' there is it!!! Thanks Creamy... or should I call ya coco for short? Anyway I love this board too. It means a lot to me.

Jamie, sorry that happened to you but it's the way life goes sometimes. It's weird how insanely attractive raw women are. It's like I can feel their womenness even through photographs and it doesn't matter what stage of weight loss their in either and that's not a normal thing for me. I think I may have gotten off on a tangent thing here.

Yeh I really think we are all out to change the world a little bit in our own way.

Date: January 06, 2007 07:29PM

Thanks for the compliment 4 women morrisson!

I feel the same way about men. The most attractive thing in a male is his health...wealth is health!

A real man eats veggies and fruit and loves a cow instead of eas eat.

Ciao Ciao

Love you,
Jamie smiling smiley

Posted by: rrraw ()
Date: January 06, 2007 10:59PM

I love you too, coconutcream.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 07, 2007 01:57AM

I love all of my children. winking smiley grinning smiley

Date: January 07, 2007 07:52PM

I was more into days of our lives and general hospital myself winking smiley grinning smiley lol!!!

Date: January 07, 2007 09:31PM

Hi Rawrrr,
awwwwwww thanks smiling smiley I hope someday I'll run into people who are different. I'm not actually all that young I was in mid twenties when all that happened I've always been put down and picked on and stuff all my life though I kinda just got used to it it just made it harder for diet though. I went juicing then went raw too cause I had health problems with ears throat stomach and some bleeding problems and stuff and I wanted to get better the diet fixed it I just couldn't handle the social aspects though and gave up on it completely after about 15 months of it sad smiley My health problems started coming back somewhat then though sad smiley

I went back on the diet again cause I wanted to get well again I just couldn't handle it though so I went into a shell and became like a hermit so I could eat better and look after myself better I tried repeatedly to find new friends and people to hang out with nobody wanted me though and I kept falling back into old ways cause I just couldn't find any new friends sad smiley

I got computer and came here found some friends did better then the all left and ignored me and I fell apart again sad smiley They came back just after Christmas and I immediatly went back to trying again and I still am. I'm feeling nautious alot from detoxing though. After almost seven years of reading and experimenting with rawfoods though I've picked up a few tricks and short cuts though so I can get through this if I can just have the support.

Date: January 07, 2007 10:16PM

Hi Thomas,
I wish more people could see it that way.

I have so often heard of saying to treat people how you wanna be treated I just don't get why it never works that way for me though. I mean all my life people have insulted me called me a looser told me how much of a stupid idiot I am and all I've ever done back is tried to just smile and be nice and people just keep laughing and saying what an idiot I am and stuff sad smiley

Like the other night I was out and saw some guy I see around sometimes he was saying something like fag or something I forget I just said hey how are you hope you had good Christmas or something he's like you ****kin faggot why don't you just fo away don't you get that nobody likes you are you really that stupid(I forget the exact words something like that though) I'm like well I went quiet and kept on going.

I just don't understand why everyone has to be so mean to me all the time it really doesn't make me wanna go on anymore I'm just so tired I just wish people would like me. Its hard to keep going through life always being rejected sad smiley

Date: January 08, 2007 01:20AM

hey singin raw. Have you ever watched the secret? it's this documentary about the law of attraction an in it they have a guy saying the same things you are, and it really happens to him, but then he changes the way he speaks about himself, and the environment changes. You may be able to download it for free somewhere

Date: January 08, 2007 01:57AM

Hi coconutcream,
awwwww thanks for caring smiling smiley I actually have the DVD for the secret I got one for me and one for the closest friend I had ever had. Sadly not too long after that she basically told me to take a hike and cut me right out of her life now anytime I even try to think about the law of attraction or anything to do with it I just burst into tears and cry and cry and can't stop its so awful.

I gave up totally on all rawfoods and ate only chips and kraft dinner and made myself sick after she did that till I heard from her briefly after Christmas then I instantly started trying again and I still am its hard though I keep crying alot everyday I cry and cry its just so awful nothing every hurts more than loosing a friend specially when its only one I had that I could talk to other than posts and pms sad smiley Its really messed me up alot and now I'm afraid to make friends too I'm scared that will happen again and it hurts too much "cries"

Date: January 08, 2007 02:06AM

I just wish I could somehow look at those things without crying again somehow you know its hard though I don't get friends often in life at all and when they go I always avoid stuff that reminds me of them cause it hurts too much sad smiley

Now I'm just trying to read and find a new way too look at this stuff beyond the painful memories. I still cry daily over it though sad smiley

Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 08, 2007 06:40AM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey singin raw. Have you ever watched the secret?
> it's this documentary about the law of attraction
> an in it they have a guy saying the same things
> you are, and it really happens to him, but then he
> changes the way he speaks about himself, and the
> environment changes. You may be able to download
> it for free somewhere

Coconut Cream,

Right on, Sweet One! Finally someone says it straight. I liked that video a lot too and the way it talks about positive and negative energy in your life. (p.s. I love your posts, pictures and blog...I admire your courage to bare your soul and expose your demons that way)

Singinraw, if you want things to change you're going to have to do it all by yourself. That doesn't mean that having the support of others isn't valuable, that's what this forum is for. Changing your situation is an inside job. Everytime you dwell on the negative things that are going on in your life you create more negative energy around yourself and that pushes people away.

People are like dogs. Ever watched a pack of dogs? There is always one that gets beat on by the rest. With people of lower consciousness, when someone is down on themselves others love to make themselves feel better by "kicking" them. They can "smell" the weakness and it attracts their cruel nature like sharks to blood.

When I stopped allowing others to make life's rules for me and stopped giving a @#$%& what they thought of me, a funny thing happened....my life started getting better. I don't have anything to say about what someone else thinks or how they act toward me, not that I don't take care of myself when I'm feeling abused. I do have something to say about what I think about myself and how I act toward myself.

Feeling sorry for myself and being a victim never did one good thing for me. Yeah, crying the blues and always blaming others got me some attention....negative attention, that is. Getting people to feel sorry for me was like putting a band-aid on a severed limb. What I had to learn was to stop telling my "gosh ain't it awful stories" and that is a painful lesson.

Lighten up on yourself man. You already know that raw makes you feel better and healthier...stick with it. Loving yourself and taking care of yourself puts you in the positive sphere of LOVE and love attracts more love.

Don't always expect Life to be great, that is just not the reality of the human condition. So you can expect to take two steps forward and one step back. Just remember that two steps forward and one step back is still forward motion.
Uti

Date: January 08, 2007 09:33AM

General Hospital, lol!
I watched Young and the Restless a little bit one summer, but's that because there were these cute girls in bikinis.....

Ahem, I digress.

Take care peeps grinning smiley

Date: January 08, 2007 12:36PM

You will always have a friend in me singinraw!

I am a high school teacher and I see your scenario everyday. I use to get so upset and yell at children who were mean to others. I now just lead by example. Your a brave soul for putting up with what you have. You can see you life now as a mission...you are here to show the world how brave a person can be when faced with negative energy.

a GREAT book is "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. It will change how you feel about yourself and others...it changed my life. smiling smiley

Keep comming to this site...talking to the people here have actually helped me get through these last five months...I have no idea who these people are but they are in a sense...my second family. smiling smiley

Love you,
Jamie smiling smiley

Date: January 08, 2007 01:23PM

Hi Jamie,
awwwwww thanks smiling smiley It means alot to me *HUGS* People have been mean to me all my life pretty well I always wondered whats wrong with me its made me have very low self esteem. I could never stand up for myself at all either I'm way too passive that way. I just like things to be nice and stuff.

I really wanna try again now smiling smiley Its really helped all the kindness shown in this thread it really means alot to me. thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: January 08, 2007 02:24PM

I always tell people about changing and visualization and they always tell me they are going to the Dr and the Dr prescribes a drug then they tell me how much better their lives are. then they tell me, if they are men, how the drug is having sexual side affects, how their relationships are suffering because their partners can't handle the fact they are mellow all the time...

I tell 20 year olds that I have a great life and they are confused. They look at my hair line or my physique and think how could that be? It's all good though and it's all pretty funny.

Just some random thoughts on love and change from a man!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 08, 2007 03:47PM

Singin,

I thought about when I was a kid and how I got picked on. I was a total tomboy with little parental supervision. I was dirty and tough. I am a tiny girl so I was a bit odd. I didn't fit in at all. We had horses, dogs and cats (still do) and I spent a lot of time with them which was incredible for my self esteem. I always dressed like the boys and hung out with them and I had to be as tough as them. I was too. I was good in sports and I could fight if I had to protect myself. I was proud of that. Even though I got picked on for being a total dork I had pride inside and that is what you have to find. Do you work out? Physical streangth helps you feel strong on the inside. Do something that you like and is challenging. Something you can be proud of. This will help you meet other people. Your life is your choice. If you hang out with jerks, ask yourself why you choose that. Self esteem has everything to do with making choices you can be proud of.

Good luck,
Kise'

Date: January 08, 2007 04:13PM

I have noticed in changing my own self-esteem that it is generally not something that happens quickly... I expect my life to change in the time it takes to watch a character in a movie to do the same thing! Unfortunately, most of the time I do not become a completely perfect person after an hour and forty five minutes.. so I take notice of any opportunity to at least slightly improve.

For example, I used to HATE going out to a club or bar because I felt so awkward, like everyone was going to see me as some big dork... and sometimes people *might* have thought that. Now, I simply look at it as a chance to become more courageous, while still being very thoughtful and considerate towards others.

I might visualize how somebody might turn to me and laugh at my t-shirt, my face, my physique, the way I walk, my pronunciation of Japanese, whatever... and I just imagine myself walking away while chuckling. After all, if they were smarter they would know that making fun of me is a waste of both of our time.. and this person clearly lacks an understanding of how society can and should function, so I can't really get angry or upset at them because of that.

I also notice that developing skills or confidence in one area of life tends to make other aspects of life a lot easier to improve too, as I can use the general strategy or philosophy of success from one aspect of life and apply it to another. It amazes me how much overlap there is between success in guitar and basketball (or kung fu!), for example.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables