Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help! I don't feel satisfied at all
Posted by: pinkjess ()
Date: February 10, 2016 09:27PM

I have an autoimmune issue (possibly Lupus) and have been looking to raw food to help me get better. I have been eating mostly vegan for about four weeks now and am just now trying to incorporate more raw foods in my diet. For breakfast I make a spinach or kale smoothie with frozen fruit and orange juice and eat an apple or a few mandarin oranges. It's easy to eat raw at breakfast because all I can think about is fruits and smoothies. Well lunch time is harder, and dinner time is awful. I have no clue what would be good to eat at lunch or dinner except salads, but they do not satisfy me at all. Last night I was so hungry hours after I ate my salad. I was so tempted to eat some frozen chicken and I even cooked it but I refrained. I want to get better and heal my body--and I would like to keep eating this way for life now that I have learned how harmful processed food is.

My issue mostly is cost. I live with my dad and brother and they do not follow my diet and so our weekly grocery bill must stay low...$200 a week cuts us in tight so we try to make our list light. This makes it hard for me to get the fruit and veg I need to last through the week. I don't make any money to spend on my own food because I had to quit my job due to my illness last month. So I am in kind of a pickle as you can see. I can't just eat a huge salad because I have to make what I can get last through the week.

It sucks. I don't know what to eat or how to even prepare a good meal with fruit and veggies. I'm getting tired of eating only sugary fruits at every meal. I worry about my blood sugar but I have read that fruit sugar is not as bad as table sugar. But how much is too much? I'm new to all of this so please be kind. Thanks for reading. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help! I don't feel satisfied at all
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 10, 2016 11:57PM

Hi! How did you find out about the raw vegan diet? Did you get any books so that you had some info before starting?

If you were to eat cooked foods, why not root veggies and maybe brown rice? You don't have to either eat fruit or chicken. There is a vegan middleground that would probably be good for your condition.

I am just curious how you came to this diet and what planning you did ahead of time. It is quite a radical change, which is why I would think you could find cooked items that are easily digested and don't put stress on your immune system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2016 11:58PM by banana who.

Posted by: pinkjess ()
Date: February 11, 2016 12:14AM

Well, I found out about eating raw from Youtube channels like FullyRawKristina and hearing about people who have cured Lupus with raw food diet. It looks promising. I have cut out all processed foods (although I binged once two nights ago) and milk, red meat, sugars, cakes, etc. I still eat a can of tuna and yogurt but not too much. Tonight I cooked collard greens and had some broccoli and peas. It is so much better than just a cold salad to me. I feel more nourished. They say if you cook your food you kill the nutrients. But this may be right for me at the moment. As for planning, I really didn't do much except read testimonials from people who have gotten healthier from eating vegan or raw and was inspired. I did do a little bit of reading on the internet and learned that fruits and veg are really whole foods, real foods--I don't want to fuel my body with crud anymore. I want to eat right, really right. Thyroid disease and autoimmune issues (Hashimoto, Graves, Hyper and Hypothyroidism) runs in my family. Also diabetes. You can see why I want to fuel my body with as much nutrition as possible. Though I now food itself cannot save me, I just want to give my body a fighting chance at healing itself, you know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 12:19AM by pinkjess.

Date: February 11, 2016 12:38AM

pinkjess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have an autoimmune issue (possibly Lupus) and
> have been looking to raw food to help me get
> better. I have been eating mostly vegan for about
> four weeks now and am just now trying to
> incorporate more raw foods in my diet. For
> breakfast I make a spinach or kale smoothie with
> frozen fruit and orange juice and eat an apple or
> a few mandarin oranges. It's easy to eat raw at
> breakfast because all I can think about is fruits
> and smoothies. Well lunch time is harder, and
> dinner time is awful. I have no clue what would be
> good to eat at lunch or dinner except salads, but
> they do not satisfy me at all.

Often fruits and vegetables are simply not enough to satisfy us, and there does seem like people are suited to various types of eating. Some seem to do well on fruits and vegetables where-as others need more fatty foods like seeds in their diets.

Here is something that may be far more satisfying, and it's usually guaranteed to fill the gaps and satisfy the stomach. Try having seed yogurts...they are yummy and filling and keep you going for 6 hours without need to eat again. They are very nutritious and easily absorbable. Eat lots of it most days.

Use 1 cup of sunflower seeds, soak and sprout for 1 - 2 days. Soak in rejuvalic for 1 - 2 days. Blend for 15 -0 20 seconds and make into a drink. Very satisfying.

or

Use 2/3 cup of sesame and sprout and do the same thing.

or

Also sprout poppy and do the same thing. Also use pumpkin seed and soak and do the same thing (can't really sprout)

and

Grow chia sprouts, blend in rejuvalic for 25 seconds and drink with a tablespoon of coconut fat. I've been having that all week, so satisfying.

When you get the body in good condition via probiotic yogurt foods you then can trying doing more raw lentil and mung bean sprouts, and those foods also satisfy better than fruits and vegetables imo.

See...the sprouted fermented diet is for people who can't handle eating like rabbits, + it is fresh and has more nutrition generally. A far better diet imo. If you decide to try the diet we can also implement other special greens so the diet is overall done well.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 12:43AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: February 11, 2016 12:39AM

I am no expert but I think that you could just start with WHOLE foods, especially those that support your immune system and avoid foods that burden it. Dairy products burden the immune system, by the way. Have you read "The China Study" or seen "Forks Over Knives?"

Raw foods are purifying but not as dense (except certain foods with high fat like avocados). Maybe you could do high-raw or at least 50/50 but makes sure the rest are vegan and whole foods (not from a box or can and no added ingredients)?

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 12, 2016 06:20PM

pinkjess Wrote:
> I have an autoimmune issue (possibly Lupus) and
> have been looking to raw food to help me get
> better. I have been eating mostly vegan for about
> four weeks now and am just now trying to
> incorporate more raw foods in my diet. For
> breakfast I make a spinach or kale smoothie with
> frozen fruit and orange juice and eat an apple or
> a few mandarin oranges. It's easy to eat raw at
> breakfast because all I can think about is fruits
> and smoothies. Well lunch time is harder, and
> dinner time is awful. I have no clue what would be
> good to eat at lunch or dinner except salads, but
> they do not satisfy me at all. Last night I was so
> hungry hours after I ate my salad. I was so
> tempted to eat some frozen chicken and I even
> cooked it but I refrained. I want to get better
> and heal my body--and I would like to keep eating
> this way for life now that I have learned how
> harmful processed food is.
>
> My issue mostly is cost. I live with my dad and
> brother and they do not follow my diet and so our
> weekly grocery bill must stay low...$200 a week
> cuts us in tight so we try to make our list light.
> This makes it hard for me to get the fruit and veg
> I need to last through the week. I don't make any
> money to spend on my own food because I had to
> quit my job due to my illness last month. So I am
> in kind of a pickle as you can see. I can't just
> eat a huge salad because I have to make what I can
> get last through the week.
>
> It sucks. I don't know what to eat or how to even
> prepare a good meal with fruit and veggies. I'm
> getting tired of eating only sugary fruits at
> every meal. I worry about my blood sugar but I
> have read that fruit sugar is not as bad as table
> sugar. But how much is too much? I'm new to all of
> this so please be kind. Thanks for reading. smiling smiley

1. you're likely not eating enough. track your calories.

2. in the beginning, even IF you are eating enough, your body will still think it's hungry, but this changes over time

Posted by: chunflo ()
Date: February 12, 2016 08:00PM

Maybe food is not very satisfying . maybe should try growing and juicing wheat grass .More important to chew your food very well and deep rythmic breathing and physical exercise. Before I had no money and teeth to painful to eat . I think it really works to just breath and use visualization . The imagination of the food can be better than the real thing.

Date: February 13, 2016 02:49AM

chunflo Wrote:
> Maybe food is not very satisfying . maybe should
> try growing and juicing wheat grass .More
> important to chew your food very well and deep
> rythmic breathing and physical exercise. Before I
> had no money and teeth to painful to eat . I think
> it really works to just breath and use
> visualization . The imagination of the food can be
> better than the real thing.

LOL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables