Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dumpster diving
Posted by: brome ()
Date: February 26, 2016 02:04AM

I've never done it but have heard some inspiring stories. Free food!

Here are some threads:

[www.30bananasaday.com]

[www.30bananasaday.com]

[www.google.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dumpster diving
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 26, 2016 01:44PM

I think picking from a tree/bush/vine is much more "natural" uplifting and healthy, but whatever floats your boat...

Date: February 26, 2016 08:10PM

Fruit is very expensive in some countries and many wouldn't have the income to afford a high fruit lifestyle (especially in Australia), so l can well understand why people would want to be resourceful and pick it out on bins. Sure beats eating processed food.

In Australia raw food is an elitist diet because it costs so much. Fruit and veggie diet is the most costly of all (beyond affordability for the average middle class),and the sprout/algae diet isn't exactly cheap over here either.

And that is why the raw food diet will never catch on too much at this current time...it costs too much to eat that way for most people unless they completely change their lifestyle and make substancial savings in other areas, but how many people are prepared to give up most other things in order to eat raw?...not too many.

Many of the people l teach the sprout diet to around the world simply can't afford to do it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2016 08:19PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: February 27, 2016 02:00AM

Good point, cheap burgers everywhere but health giving food? Our priorities are backwards, but then again Fox News is the karma...

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 27, 2016 01:56PM

TSM wrote:

<<<Fruit is very expensive in some countries and many wouldn't have the income to afford a high fruit lifestyle (especially in Australia) ...In Australia raw food is an elitist diet because it costs so much. Fruit and veggie diet is the most costly of all (beyond affordability for the average middle class)>>>

This is really shameful that we don't have Food growing everywhere where Nobody has to pay for their Food. It's obvious why Fruit would be expensive in places like Alaska, but I don't think man was ever meant to live in places where he can't even grow the only Food that actually wants him to Eat It!!!

We have hundreds of Loquat Tress in my neighborhood and I love it when they're ready to be picked as there is nothing better than getting my exercise and foraging at the same time. Imagine what it would be like to come across hundreds of varieties of Food all around you as you walk from one place to another. Indeed, this is how we were meant to live and have done so for over 90% of our existence.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: February 27, 2016 03:57PM

Good post John. However, even in the arctic abundant fruits can be had. Here's a post I made some time ago:

As incongruous as it may seem the grizzly bears of Denali National Park eat a diet of interest to both the vegan and fruitarian. In his book The Grizzlies of Mount McKinley, Adolph Murie gives an illuminating account of his research. First the bears hibernate for 5-6 months, from late October to April, a period of complete fasting. On coming out of their dens in the spring they concentrate on sprouting grasses, other greens, and a few roots. Although they will go for carrion if available, many do not find any and can go years on a pure vegan diet. Later as the berries ripen they will become fruitarians for a few months when there is a bountiful crop. There is quite a variety of fruit for being on the Arctic Circle; Blueberry, Crowberry, Buffaloberry, Cranberry, Bearberry Manzanita, Currents, Rose Hips, and Silverberry (Elaeagnus commutata). With careful selection some really good fruit could be produced even in the Arctic making possible a fruitarian existence even that far north. Plus the grizzlies favorite sprouting grass, Arctic Bentgrass could be a good supplement along with some of the other greens. Wild sprouting grasses can taste mouth watering good unlike wheat grass .

Other cold climate fruits I've read about: Paw Paw, a member of the tropical Custard Apple family, Juneberry, Jujube, Gooseberry. Lingonberry, Kiwifruit, Raspberry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Cherry, Plums, and many others. Plus, thru selection many southern fruits can have their cold tolerance increased. With thoasands of growers, each carefully selecting seeds and sharing them, tremendous advancements can be made in even a few plant generations. Wherever plants can grow fruitarians can flurish.

Date: February 28, 2016 02:07AM

Sure Brome, those are great places to go during the summer months when the fruit is ripe, but living there year round is a mistake as John points out. We don't have fur for a reason...

Date: February 28, 2016 06:48AM

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TSM wrote:
>
> <<>>
>
> This is really shameful that we don't have Food
> growing everywhere where Nobody has to pay for
> their Food.

Yes, and me and a friend have spoken about this exact thing. Some people in one suburb have planted fruit trees on the street for people to have free fruit. What we now need to do is have everyone plant trees and veggies out the front so everyone can have free food as they choose.

Another friend used to get free organic fruit when he was all raw for years. He used to see fruit trees in people's yard, knock on their door and ask if he could pick a bucket of fruit. They usually said yes because they were SAD eaters who hardly ate any of the fruit. He had a big list of people to visit each year and hardly ever paid for fresh produce.

People really need to help each other because free food can be a reality without too much effort.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: February 28, 2016 01:08PM

Amen Sprout. There was an article in Vik's "Life in the 21st Century" book I read long ago where the guy goes through in detail what it would take numerically if we all went out and planted public areas and the like, we'd be in abundance and Paradise within 10 years tops. Problem is, noone gives a @#$%&...
"Turn a people against themselves, and they're easy to contain". Caesar

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables