Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Downsides of uncooked rice?
Posted by: Delta223 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 02:11AM

Hi, I live in Thailand and brown rice costs less than half the price of rolled oats. I tried putting a few cups in my green smoothies to test what I read online, that uncooked rice would upset my stomach. I did not find it to be true, the smoothie was a little grainy but I actually thought the texture was improved because of it.

Other articles have suggested that raw rice has problems with cellulose, which our body cannot digest, and a harmful protein/insecticide called lectin that is associated with diabetes, celiac disease and even colorectal cancer: [healthierwayoflife.com]

It was a bummer when I read that since I had a positive experience that doesn't match up with what I'm reading online. I just wanted some second thoughts on the matter, what do you guys think? Is the case against raw rice overblown, or is it something to take seriously?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Downsides of uncooked rice?
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 30, 2016 04:49AM

I can't imagine that raw rice will digest in your digestive system. Why not eat some ripe bananas instead?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 31, 2016 05:34PM

Delta223
Organic rolled oats from Whole Foods bulk bins cost $1.69 a pound USD. Dear God, splurge a little. I have used rolled oats and found them to be a pleasant addition and wayyy cheaper than that "raw" vegan protein powder.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 31, 2016 05:35PM

Prana
I can't imagine that raw rice will digest in your digestive system. Why not eat some ripe bananas instead?

Because some of us ARE using bananas in smoothies and still want that gravitas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables