Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Using barley power, etc. Do you?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 01, 2016 08:11PM

I was watching a raw guru promoting some green powder and saying how incredible it is. I feel skeptical from the raw angle...How could it possibly be enzymatic and dried? Either way it must have some value being so rich in chlorophyll but I could juice fresh parsley and kale either way.

So does anyone vouch for this stuff? How do you use it and what results did you get? Thanks in advance.smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Using barley power, etc. Do you?
Date: April 02, 2016 12:49AM

Date: April 03, 2016 11:32PM

I'm thinking about this and I realize that I do believe that spirulina and chlorella are both good for the system and do add nutrients so I think I will try other green powders at least once to see if I notice anything.

Date: April 05, 2016 12:16AM

banana who
I was watching a raw guru promoting some green powder and saying how incredible it is. I feel skeptical from the raw angle...How could it possibly be enzymatic and dried? Either way it must have some value being so rich in chlorophyll but I could juice fresh parsley and kale either way.

So does anyone vouch for this stuff? How do you use it and what results did you get? Thanks in advance.smiling smiley

I used barley powder when l first was going raw 20 years ago and the company said it was the best powder on the market and did all these great things and was enzymatically active and blah blah blah.

Guess what? It never did a thing. Never felt better or anything. But with freshly squeezed grass juice l felt the difference quickly, and + it's potency was easy felt.

None-the-less, the powder probably will be a good nutrition boost. See my recent topic of powdered wheatgrass nutrition:

Wheatgrass nutirition - ASTOUNDING!!!
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: April 05, 2016 07:53PM

Thanks! I know that each green powder will have its own particular nutrients so perhaps I will take a couple like wheatgrass and spirulina.

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: April 11, 2016 03:05PM

A while back I used to take Spirulina shots (eww! eww! eww!) and fresh wheatgrass and I used to find them pretty beneficial (my diet would have been pretty amazing around that time).

Just recently I've been using a new mixed green powder (spirulina, chlorella etc) and I'm not sure how much benefit I'm getting from it (other than drinking several pints of water afterwards to wash the taste away, haha). I think there is a big big difference in the quality of different brands too.

I'd like to see if any trials have been done where people have kept their diet consistent and tried different brands, powder versus fresh etch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables