Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Percentage of raw in diet for optimal health
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 12, 2016 09:47PM

If it's not going to be 100%, what is the next best thing? I am speaking to those who have experimented in going 100% and then eating some cooked vegan. There was someone who had tweaked their diet and found a sweet spot who posted here a while back, if I recall.

I would say it would be about 70% raw. It's funny because how do we determine the percentage? Weighing the food or going by caloric content? I would simplify it to speaking in terms of meals themselves. So a cooked meal is either 25% or 33% of total consumption in a day (4 mini meals or 3 main ones).

The point of this post is to encourage raw vegan without demanding strict compliance. I am sure one could totally improve their life simply by upping their raw plant intake. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Percentage of raw in diet for optimal health
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 13, 2016 02:57AM

banana who, do you mean 70% by volume, weight, or calories? I would propose the 70% by calories is superior to 70% by volume or weight.

Re: Percentage of raw in diet for optimal health
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 13, 2016 02:13PM

Prana
banana who, do you mean 70% by volume, weight, or calories? I would propose the 70% by calories is superior to 70% by volume or weight.

Prana, I am not sure. I have heard differing views on how to measure percentage. I agree that caloric intake would probably be most accurate overall but of course raw foods tend to be less calorically dense and so the volume would have to be so much greater. Maybe not, though. If we include avocados, those can easily be several hundred calories and with a few bananas you're looking at 700 right off the bat. Sweet fruits like mangoes also tend to be higher in calories and make it easier to meet that quota. I think it's particularly easy if a person is more into consuming sweet fruit and avocados.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables