Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

So many ways to eat raw
Posted by: VegVulcan ()
Date: May 24, 2016 03:16PM

Hi all.I"m new to the forum. I've been transitioning to raw for awhile. I went 4 months totally raw but then fell away. I tried the mostly fruit high carb but my blood sugars went through the roof so I went back to mostly raw with some cooked. I am now following the Life Regenerator and Markus Rothkranz videos on Youtube. I'm not 100% raw yet but thats the goal. I plan on taking an Alissa Cohen raw chef class this summer. I don't have a dehydrator yet but will get one soon. I have 2 juicers, Vitamix, Blendtec, and a food processor. Does anyone suggest any other machines I might need for a raw kitchen? Is everyone here 100% raw? Does everyone here do high fruit or high carb?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So many ways to eat raw
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: May 31, 2016 11:29AM

Hi VegVulcan and welcome to the forum. Apologies for late response, it has been slow here lately.

I have a blender (for smoothies), food processor (for ice cream and other treats), dehydrator (small and old, but works well if I feel like making a pizza sometimes), spiral slicer (recommend that one for making noodles), machete (for cutting coconut), a little spoon for scraping coconut (sorry don't know the name, but very useful), juicer, orange juicer, and a slicer that I got from a friend (which I am yet to use!). I make ice cream or (blended) cakes more often, dehydrated foods rather rarely (I find them dehydrating, but OK for occasional treat). I am not 100% raw (e.g. I take b12 sup which clearly are not raw), but always aiming at approx 100% raw or close to it. I love fruit, definitely, fruit is the base of my diet! smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: May 31, 2016 09:16PM

Hi Rawgosia
Thanks for your response. I just ordered an Excalibur as they had a sale for Memorial day. I got a refurb. Yes I forgot to mention that I have a spiralizer. I love. Love to make zuchini spagetti. I tried doing mainly fruit but had a hard time with it. I decided to add lots of greens and feel better. I do eat more fruit but had to add the greens. I can never get those coconuts open. I gave up on them LOL. Yes I think they call it a coconut buddy or something like that.

Date: May 31, 2016 11:48PM

VegVulcan
Excalibur sounds nice, I only have an old round dehydrator with two trays which I got from a family member who did not need it. There is a lot one can make with Excalibur, for example you are not limited with the size of food, and you can use it to warm up food as well.
Yes, adding greens is a good way to add minerals to the diet. I find that I need to include them too, although I have period that I live on fruit only when good fruit is available.
I once won Alissa Cohen's competition and got her book with DVDs. I have fond memories of Alissa from the times I frequented her forum. She has some interesting dehydrator recipes. I recall her saying she did high fruit but did not do so well on it, and so she extended her menu, which works for her.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: June 01, 2016 06:17PM

Wow that's awesome. That's great you won. I have a round one too that was my mom's but it doesn't work very well anymore. Takes forever just to make banana chips. I think the heating element is not working well.
I plan on doing lots of fruit for my son. Banana and apple chips etc.

Date: June 02, 2016 03:02AM

Sound fun. All the best.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables