Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Durianrider - Death of a cancer patient
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 01, 2016 02:17PM

bluespixie
It's okay, Gosia. I think most people understand what is right or wrong here.

It's not about YouTube drama or whether or not people like DR or Freelee. It's about being decent.

There are lots of scammers in this world. But the day we automatically assume someone asking for money to help them with their cancer treatment is a scam- I think we've failed as people.

Yes, people can exploit the subject for their own gain- but cancer and death are far more horrific, Lets respect that.

You are missing the point. I don't think it was right for him to make a claim about her lying. But gosia and others are blaming him for her death. As well as trying to police moralityand take no responsibility. are you claiming he caused her death blue pixie? Are you willing to label people as heartless based on a few snippets of their life based on your own subjective opinion?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 02, 2016 03:04AM

bluespixie, agreed and thank you again.
xxx

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: June 02, 2016 08:28AM

fresh
are you claiming he caused her death blue pixie? Are you willing to label people as heartless based on a few snippets of their life based on your own subjective opinion?

Did durianrider cause her death? No
Could durianrider have saved her life? No
Did the fundraising give a young woman dying from cancer hope? Yes
Did durianrider have a negative effect on her fundraising? Possibly
Did his accusations cause her- a dying woman- unnecessary stress? Possibly

It was a nasty, low thing to do. No excuses. Decent people don't behave like that. If he made a big apology about it, I'd respect him more.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: June 02, 2016 11:47PM

Thanks for bringing this up. Durianrider has a long history of poor thinking.

RawGosia, I find, from many years of reading her posts, is always highly logical and scientific.

Date: June 03, 2016 07:11AM

Thank you, brome.
xxx

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: June 03, 2016 03:27PM

brome
Thanks for bringing this up. Durianrider has a long history of poor thinking.

RawGosia, I find, from many years of reading her posts, is always highly logical and scientific.

except when it comes to durianrider
and actually engaging in a discussion to support her position.

Date: June 03, 2016 03:51PM

So you disagree with Gosia (or don't go as far as Gosia), as well as the people who made videos about it.

I posted 2 challenges regarding this issue.

Not one person posted any evidence or logic to answer.

>Did durianrider have a negative effect on her fundraising? Possibly

You absolutely do not know one way or the other.
As I said, he may have brought more attention to it and people may have heard about her and donated when they disagreed with his assessment.

>>Did his accusations cause her- a dying woman- unnecessary stress? Possibly

Again, you do not know one way or the other. And I suspect that cancer was sufficient stress.

>It was a nasty, low thing to do. No excuses. Decent people don't behave like that.

There are billions of people in the world. Millions of people, every day, do things that could be considered "bad" due to bad incentives including money and power, or simply confusion about doing the kind thing. So what I suggest that you and gosia do, is quit your jobs and devote yourselves full time and start a website and catalog all those transgressions. Good luck getting any sleep.
The only reason that people are so apoplectic about this is because it was a "woman dying with cancer".

When he made the statement, it was not clear for sure whether his statement was right or wrong. Just like Belle Gibson lied about cancer. Nobody knew whether it was true or not until facts came out. The only reason you and Gosia are saying anything is because of HINDSIGHT. If it turned out that she was lying about cancer to acquire money, that people have done several times, then you wouldn't be saying anything about durianrider. A person's actions cannot be judged as good or bad based purely on hindsight.

We all are inundated by situations that may add stress to our lives. We are 100% responsible for our response and our stress. 100%. If he had been some person unknown to her in India that watched her video and said, hmm, she doesn't look that sick, maybe she just wants money, would that person be responsible for causing a problem for Jen? What if it were a person in a asylum for the mentally ill saying it? Should Jen have given that person any credence and be hurt by those words? The same can be done for anything, including DR words.

There are no DECENT people and INDECENT people, as you and Gosia wish to believe. There are only what we with our own imperfect information, deem as kind or unkind ACTS. Gosia or you LABELING DR as NOT decent is an act that causes you to demonize a person, missing out on the good, and maximizing what he might have 5 MINUTES AFTER HE SAID IT, regretted. It also enables the labeler to feed their ego. You can sit back and say, well "I would never..", but maybe there's other things that you do that are detrimental and hurtful.

LOVE means including the Monster (or the act that causes us to label the monster), and trying to understand and having compassion, and talking to the person with love. Lashing out, boycotting, demonizing is of no benefit and does not work.

>>>If he made a big apology about it, I'd respect him more.

and yet that would not change the fact that it happened. Nor would it change the fact that you are using hindsight to judge someone. If it were the same situation, and he made the same statement about Belle Gibson, who lied, would you criticize him? No because he would have later been proven correct.

thanks for sharing, - at least you have more integrity than gosia (whose self righteousness and "I know" mindset is dangerous) to respond and discuss.

As Well, I might add that this notion of shunning, criticizing, boycotting people for their words that people have is a dangerous slope that has already leaked into governmental laws such as putting people in jail for saying things about a saudi prince, or speaking out against BDS, or other such alleged "hate speech". One might be compelled to make a law about saying anything about a allegedly dying person (many of whom may be lying) and put people like DR in jail for comments that harm nobody. So this results in a loss of Free speech, one of the most precious rights in our society.

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: June 04, 2016 01:33PM

fresh

>Did durianrider have a negative effect on her fundraising? Possibly

You absolutely do not know one way or the other.
As I said, he may have brought more attention to it and people may have heard about her and donated when they disagreed with his assessment.

>>Did his accusations cause her- a dying woman- unnecessary stress? Possibly

Again, you do not know one way or the other. And I suspect that cancer was sufficient stress.

She went to the lengths of making a video saying that people had been telling her that youtubers had been saying she was faking her illness. It obviously bothered her, otherwise she wouldn't have made a video.

fresh

There are no DECENT people and INDECENT people, as you and Gosia wish to believe. There are only what we with our own imperfect information, deem as kind or unkind ACTS. Gosia or you LABELING DR as NOT decent is an act that causes you to demonize a person, missing out on the good, and maximizing what he might have 5 MINUTES AFTER HE SAID IT, regretted. It also enables the labeler to feed their ego. You can sit back and say, well "I would never..", but maybe there's other things that you do that are detrimental and hurtful.

I choose not to look at life in such a disconnected way. If there are horrible things happening, I can have an opinion about it. I'm not going to say 'I won't say anything, I'll just appreciate/assume that person means well." I prefer progress. I hope DR and freelee- who both, have done a lot for spreading the word of veganism, fresh food and exercise throughout social media- have learnt that some of the stuff they have said has been insensitive/ridiculous on a personal level.

Finally, maybe re-read your post, and your recent threads on the main page- and think of how you have acted out of love here.

Date: June 04, 2016 02:13PM

Thanks for the advice yes I am aware of that.
Not sure why you and gosia translate what I say into "be silent". I never said that.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 05, 2016 11:25PM

Thank you for sharing this Gosia. It's clear that the donations from the raw community stopped when DR said it was a scam. He loves controversy, and in this case, a person health suffered.

Date: June 06, 2016 09:04AM

Thank you Prana.
xxx

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: June 06, 2016 10:39PM

Prana
Thank you for sharing this Gosia. It's clear that the donations from the raw community stopped when DR said it was a scam. He loves controversy, and in this case, a person health suffered.

How is that clear?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 06, 2016 10:40PM

Because after DR video came out, the donations dried up?

Date: June 07, 2016 12:23AM

Show me the evidence

Date: June 07, 2016 03:53AM

This is not a court. If you need to find the details, watch the videos and make up your own mind. You may choose to believe Jen's parter, family and friends. Or you may choose to believe the heartless bully.

Above all, do not forget the real issue here. Harley called a vulnerable cancer patient, a scammer faking cancer. Totally unacceptable. Low. Inhumane.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: June 07, 2016 11:52AM

That's funny because you're running this board like your own court as prosecutor judge and jury.

I've already spoken about hindsight and many other things but you are blinded by years of resentment.

Now go and prosecute everyone in the world who do wrong things for monetary gain,including doctors.
[www.nbcnews.com]

Show me a point in someones video where you have evidence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2016 11:55AM by fresh.

Date: June 07, 2016 04:47PM

Do you know what gerson therapy is?

Raw foods supplements and enemas. It's described right on the internet for everyone to see.

Is there some reason why it had to be at a clinic for thousands per week?
Enemas are not proven to be effective.

Problems must be addressed at the beginning.

Why not blame the clinic for their callousness?

You would be better served by asking questions like that.

You won't. That's why I am.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: June 07, 2016 07:42PM

Interesting. Jennifer didn't come from a great gene pool. Both her mother, Patricia Faulisi Schutt, and her maternal grandmother, Theresa Faulusi, also died of breast cancer in 2011 & 2010, respectively. At ages 52 & 76, also respectively. From the on-line article I read from employees at the restaurant where Jennifer worked, the sixth week at Gerson was $6,000, and $1,500 had been raised. Apparently, she didn't get that 6th week. Unknown if it would have made a difference.

Date: June 08, 2016 06:47AM

Correct. Unknown. She and her family did not get a chance to find out. And she got slandered and called a scammer in her final days, when what she needed most, was love.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: June 08, 2016 02:02PM

So no evidence of a decline in donations then...

And never any facts of the alleged followers who declined to donate because of dr.
No mention of their poor decision-making.

And I am now not impressed by this guy that gosia posted who was calling for violence and bad behavior to stop.

[youtu.be]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables