Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

11 years raw
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: June 04, 2016 07:31PM

Hi,

sorry I miss last years check in (and possibly the year or two check ins before that).

I am still 100% raw vegan (obviously minus the bugs I didn't see in my cauliflower).

I eat lots of salads, and raw things. Nuts and hemp seeds feature in my daily diet, I also line to include sprouted oats but I'm been a bit lax about order any oats recently.

I found I have less smoothies these last couple of years. My Blendtec has dropped from my most used appliance, replaced by my dehydrator. I find myself use it a lot of deal with yummy fruit I bought but didn't get a chance to eat and want to preserve before it rots.

Recently I start making raw vegan icecream (cashew coconut vanilla) again. This is a big hit my kids (3 and 5 years old).

I'm the only full time raw vegan in my house hold, but my kids and wife both end up eating a significant amount of raw veggies/fruit.

The only supplement I take is B12, one tablet a month approximately (I'm not very regular about this). I'm not sure the B12 tablets really help, but would prefer to avoid finding out about B12 deficiency (a friend had it, it's not fun).

Otherwise, all seems to be good health.

Hope you are all doing well.
Best regards,
Ian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 11 years raw
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 04, 2016 08:32PM

Welcome back Ian. I am still all raw too, for 14.5 years.

Date: June 04, 2016 08:54PM

Nice to see you again! I think we've gone quite far to answering the question of long term (side) effects of being raw vegan. :-)

Glad to see this forum has stood the tests of time. Very few places I posted to 10 years ago are still around.

Cheers!
Ian.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 05, 2016 12:17AM

Indeed, this forum survived somehow. I have been here since 2003.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: June 05, 2016 02:45AM

That's wonderful, Ian. You must be a great influence on your children. I'd be interested to know your weight situation. Like were you overweight or regular weight before going raw and during these raw years, have you lost weight? In other words, are you very thin? And do you juice and eat sprouts often - aside from the oat sprouts? Do you eat salt?

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: June 05, 2016 02:47AM

Fourteen years all raw is impressive, Bryan. smiling smiley

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: June 05, 2016 03:35PM

I remember when you posted on your progress along with the before and after pictures. Good to know you've kept it up, and thanks for the update.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 06, 2016 11:01AM

What a great thread, thanks sodoffsocks! I love to hear how other long-term raw foodies are getting on - it's great to hear real-life examples, rather than 'famous gurus' who might sometimes let egos/marketing get in the way of revealing what is truly going on for them, health-wise.

I've been here since 2003 and it is so nice that this forum has survived so long (thank you Prana and anyone else involved in running it!). There are many raw groups on FB but a lot of participants are just starting out, so sometimes it feels like there is no one to talk to if I ever have a question myself!

As for me, I'm currently still playing around with eating less and drinking more, paying very close attention to how my body responds to different foods, and loving doing periodic cleanses in line with moon phases etc. Feeling lighter and freer all the time. My diet is more fruit-based and lower fat these days. In general, sticking to the basics - mono meals or very simple food combos. I take the odd supplement such as B12.

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2016 11:03AM by lisa m.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 07, 2016 03:00AM

>As for me, I'm currently still playing around with eating less and drinking more

It is an amazing thing.

On living food diet as we get healthier the body becomes more efficient at processing and assimilating food.

We need less because we are getting more.

The fruits, the raw juices, the water we drink and the air we breath become powerful sources of nutrients.

Disease free, friendship, and love.

This is Even on Earth.

Then you will walk into a party and watch people feed on fried foods, dead meat and wonder why the had not heard the good news.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 07, 2016 09:52PM

Yes Raw Prac! I'm discovering that the more simply I eat, the easier it is for my body to use the nutrients. Hence the mono-eating, the whole foods, and gravitating towards fruits smiling smiley

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Date: June 09, 2016 03:01AM

Hi all,

to answer some of the questions,

Weight: I lost a lots of weight in the first year or two, going from at least 280lb (I could have been over 300lbs) to 180lb. I stayed between 180 to 200 for many years, this was dependent on the amount of exercise I did (5KM run in the morning, 10 mile kayak in the evening keeps you trim). Since having kids I'm put on weight, I'm probably around 230lb just now. This is mostly life style, I've got a demanding job with long hours and end up commuting 3 to 4 hours a day (although working on cutting that down), most of the rest of my time is spent being a parent and husband. Working on trying to improve this as my kids get older. Trying to get out dancing regularly, also making room to do some indoor climbing (quick and lots of exercise), etc..

Salt: I use salt, generally I leave it out if I'm making food for just myself, but if I'm making food which other people will eat as well I'll include a little salt.

Sprouts: A little. I have a sprouter which I use sometimes. I'll also buy sprouts at the farmers market if they have any.

Juice: I don't do my own juicing any more. Mainly because there isn't room in my kitchen for my juicer. I sometimes buy freshly squeeze juice when I come across it.

It's great to see some familiar names. I need to find some time to make some of those recipes I posted here! :-)

Cheers!
Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables