Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Paul nison
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 24, 2016 04:52PM

[healthwatchman.com]

So this was Paul.

I wonder how many people he influenced.

Now look at his diet.
In okraw latest vid.

High fruit.
He or anyone can claim that it is not but it clearly is. He even mentions natural hygiene

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paul nison
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: July 25, 2016 12:51AM

Thanks for the video.
I normally would not watch Paul Nison, so if not for you, I would never have seen this nor heard of Dr. Bass, who speaks at 8 minutes on the video. Bass said that Dr Cursio, who followed Arnold Ehret, lost two teeth on a 35 day grape diet.

so I looked it up:
[naturalhygienesociety.org]

in the article, he says that Cursio lost one tooth,but others were loose. This matches up with a patient of Robert Morse's who lost a couple of teeth on a grape diet, and while she ultimately overcame cancer, it's a great pity she lost her teeth.

Bass is now 97 or so, so obviously he did something right with his diet, but he lost me when he mentioned "Dr" Aajonus as a "nutritionist". So sad when raw vegans turn to raw meat.
Here are some doctors blasting Aajonus:
[www.youtube.com]
(in another video, that main doctor mentioned how horrible Aajonus's breath was).****

Here is a good talk from Andrew Perlot about fruit and teeth
[www.youtube.com]

This article goes deeper into the cause of his death, which seems more related to an infection
[www.vernonhershberger.com]

"he went into a coma, and they put an IV in him. When she returned he was "very bad". At this point she emailed our Thai member, who called a few of us. The doctors say he had a kidney infection and blood infection. They continued to feed him butter and honey, as instructed, and followed his wishes as possible. They gave him oxygen as his breathing decreased, and he steadily lost blood pressure. They told us his kidneys had stopped functioning, were not producing urine. They wanted to do something, but no one had any authority to override his stated wishes. When his heart failed, they pumped his heart and tried to resuscitate him for a half hour."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2016 01:04AM by Tai.

Date: July 25, 2016 02:14AM

interesting article here

he tends to conflate some things and act as if drinking large amounts of pineapple juice is the same as eating fruit.

" remember when I was in my teens, I would go down around Hudson Street in lower Manhattan to an animal importing house, owned by Henry Trefflech. He'd have hundred of Rhesus monkeys who were fed heavily on grain and some would develop bloody dysentery causing death in a few days. He would sell me these for $5 and laughingly expecting them to die. I would take them home, put them on a water fast and within a few days the dysentery would stop and they'd be well. Then I'd try different diets on them to gain experience, and when they reached good health I'd sell or give them to ape shops and look for more sick monkeys. I was somewhat annoyed to see them bite into expensive figs, eat the soft sweet center and seeds, and throw away the whole outside (the acid part). They never ate the skins or unripe part of fruit. This caused me to discard anything I couldn't chew down, and kept that practice going the rest of my life.

[drbass.com]

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: July 25, 2016 06:56AM

Dr. Bass 97 years old.

What is his secret?

His recommendations:

"The ideal vegetarian diet
... After two years of experiments I concluded that the ideal diet is approximately 75 to 85% raw food, with the rest cooked vegetables ......."

"Maximum amount of fruit to eat
..... You should eat no more than two to three varieties daily of medium fruit - like an apple, an orange, and a banana. Save bananas for the end of the day. Or half a cantaloupe and a mango. Or two medium grapefruits and a handful of cherries."

"Greens were indispensable
..... I found that greens were indispensable."

Unfortunately the results were derived from experiments on mice not humans

It seems like the key to his longevity is the fasting, minimalist diet like Luigi Cornaro

"Luigi Cornaro lived l02 years
If you follow a minimal diet you can achieve super nutrition. Let's look at Luigi Cornaro, a man who at age 35 was weak, sick"

[www.drbass.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2016 07:04AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: July 31, 2016 03:24AM

Dr Bass is completely into animal foods, he does not believe in veganism whatsoever, he thinks the vegan diet is nutritionally inadequate...

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 31, 2016 03:40AM

<<<Dr Bass is completely into animal foods, he does not believe in veganism whatsoever, he thinks the vegan diet is nutritionally inadequate...>>>

Here are a few snippets from my file on Dr. Bass...

Date: 05-14-01 23:26
Lysander
RE: Dr. Stanley S. Bass's website on raw food

Bass's site is excellent. But he drew his conclusions from experiments with raw mice, who don't have quite the same physiology as us. And sometimes he is downright wrong, as where he persists in claiming that vegans need to balance their amino acids in every meal.

Date: 05-15-01 06:33
A.N.
of mice and men and monkees too

Experiments on mice? Haven't people figured out yet that the physiology of a mouse or rat can't be compared to the physiology of a human. Bizarre. I tend not to take anyone seriously who has drawn their conclusions from experimenting
on animals anyway.

I think the Bonobo chimps so called 1% raw animal products comes from the accidental ingestion of insects on their food. Some gorillas and other monkees have been known to pick the insects off before eating the fruit. There are also the monkess who hunt after having been exposed to this behavior in humans Those would be the primates often used as an argument that primates aren't frugivores rather than the more logical example than primates like to copy each other's behavior even if it's stupid. What this all means towards the scientific obsession with defining the perfect diet for one and all, I do not claim to know. winking smiley

A.N.

Date: July 31, 2016 07:27AM

Dr Bass is only 97 years old.

Here is a vegan at 109 years old. [www.freshandaliveblog.com]

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: July 31, 2016 05:44PM

Bernando died recently and for the record was not vegan, he ate fish 2-3 times a week. I don't know why people try to embellish stories by leaving out critical details of their diets...

Date: August 01, 2016 04:33AM

Yes there is longevity in my family. My grandmother lived to be 107, my mother 105 and my daddy was 99 when he passed. On my mother’s side no one died under the age of 89 years, as far as I know.

BL

Date: August 01, 2016 11:14AM

NuNativs
Bernando died recently and for the record was not vegan, he ate fish 2-3 times a week. I don't know why people try to embellish stories by leaving out critical details of their diets...

So why would someone write "109-Year-Old Vegan Shares His Secrets for Staying Incredibly"

Yet he was not vegan?

Christ needs to come down and save us once more...

Longevity has more to do with genes and attitude than diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2016 11:16AM by RawPracticalist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables