Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fats?
Date: August 02, 2016 02:45PM

I am not raw right now but I want to be raw again in the future. Last year I was raw for several months, but I just couldn't find a balanced diet for me, no overt fats, plenty of leafy greens, fruits, a sprinkling of chia occasionally for the n-3 fatty acid.

My gastro has suggested I lower fiber and include healthy fats. She also recommended cooked vegetables, so I'm doing a little bit of cooked food, but it feels wrong to skip all the enzymes. They can only help my digestion right?

How do I increase my healthy fats, or should I? Leafy greens have fats and so do all vegetables. Do I really need extra fat? I need to lose weight by the way, about 25 pounds to be healthy.

Re: Fats?
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 02, 2016 11:54PM

>>>How do I increase my healthy fats, or should I? Leafy greens have fats and so do all vegetables. Do I really need extra fat? I need to lose weight by the way, about 25 pounds to be healthy.

healthy fats is a buzzword that has no meaning.

no you don't need extra fat

eat what you like, as much raw as you can.

relax, enjoy, give it time

Date: August 19, 2016 02:08PM

Thanks. That's what I did before, and the only overt fat I ate was some chia seeds and a little avocado. Then I started craving almond butter, and eating that. I gained weight though even with probably 90% raw? Did I eat too much fat?

fresh
>>>How do I increase my healthy fats, or should I? Leafy greens have fats and so do all vegetables. Do I really need extra fat? I need to lose weight by the way, about 25 pounds to be healthy.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 19, 2016 11:50PM

blankpageblankbook
Thanks. That's what I did before, and the only overt fat I ate was some chia seeds and a little avocado. Then I started craving almond butter, and eating that. I gained weight though even with probably 90% raw? Did I eat too much fat?

fresh

Hard to say why you gained weight, not enough information.

Cravings for nut butter doesn't mean that you are deficient in fats.

reasons for cravings
- not eating enough
- having not gotten past the sensation that heavy foods bring
- dehydration

it's harder to avoid cravings if not all raw, the dehydration increases appetite and the cooked food increases appetite even when it's not true hunger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables