Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tips to get enough calories eating raw?
Posted by: Exeggutor ()
Date: September 27, 2016 10:49PM

Hey everyone, I desperately need some tips on getting enough calories on a raw diet as I am trying to heal some health problems..

I have a hard time eating more than 1200 cals in a day on raw and usually feel stuffed around 400-500 cals in a fresh fruit meal.

I'm a female in my early 20s, 5"1 in height. I lift weights and cardio 3+ times a week.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tips to get enough calories eating raw?
Date: September 27, 2016 11:49PM

Exeggutor
Hey everyone, I desperately need some tips on getting enough calories on a raw diet as I am trying to heal some health problems..

I have a hard time eating more than 1200 cals in a day on raw and usually feel stuffed around 400-500 cals in a fresh fruit meal.

I'm a female in my early 20s, 5"1 in height. I lift weights and cardio 3+ times a week.

Sprouted seed yogurts. Problem solved!

Sprout seeds such as sunflower kernels or sesame and soak in grain rejuvalic and blend for 30 seconds and drink the milk. Use 1.5 cups of seeds. Fermenting and sprouting the seeds will take away the rich sickly taste of the seeds and lower the fat content so they are much easier to consume.

Also sprout chia seeds and blend in rejuvalic.

If you do weights these types of foods will put on muscle easily. Also do green sprouted juices and you are home and hosed.

Doesn't seem like many can get the calories on fruit...too much hard work IMO.

Also soak pre soaked almonds in rejuvalic and make almond yogurt. Use 1.5 cups.

Nice filling foods that can make the raw vegan diet much easier to do and sustain.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2016 11:53PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 28, 2016 12:21AM

Exeggutor

why do you think you need more calories?

Posted by: Exeggutor ()
Date: September 30, 2016 12:14AM

Thank you for the responses. smiling smiley I may have to experiment and try those recipes.
I do lift weights several days a week so that might be helpful. I've never sprouted before. What's the best way to do that?

Fresh, you think around 1200c is enough for a day? I lift weights and some mild cardio. I want to have enough energy to not feel sluggish. I normally feel alright but a few days ago, I had a day where I had zero energy and felt dizzy/very light headed like i would feint. I don't feel completely "alert" most days if that makes sense. That being said, I felt even worse on cooked vegan. No energy whatsoever and it was making me sick so that's not an option.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 30, 2016 12:44AM

1200 can be enough for a day, yes.
You are very small.
You don't want to eat if you're not hungry
And force calories in.
Eating more is not necessarily going to help.
During transition resting may be more important than exercising heavily.
It is certainly possible that you had low blood sugar but that's easily solved if it's just an occasional thing by drinking juice. Or eating a bit of fruit.
Blending greens with fruit is good way to get in some good nutrition if you're having trouble with that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables