Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw til 4 Durianrider's Diet Rotted My Teeth
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: October 04, 2016 09:22PM

September 2016:

Raw til 4 Durianrider's Diet Rotted My Teeth
[www.youtube.com]

Here he is 3 years ago defending it:

Re: Durianrider Sugar Video
[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw til 4 Durianrider's Diet Rotted My Teeth
Date: October 04, 2016 11:07PM

For people not watching the youtube video, let me recap. This Slovakian followed the diet for 6 years, and he has multiple cavities now, and he is only 26. I felt bad for him a long time ago when I saw him use sugar in his food like Durianrider. I tried warning him back then in some youtube comments, but his own crumbling teeth taught him eventually.

Freelee uses sugar too--not as much as Harley--but enough to cause damage. Her latest vlog shows that she still does it.

Broken teeth, broken diet, broken relationships.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 11:12PM by Tai.

Date: October 04, 2016 11:17PM

When l first went raw l ate about 8 pieces of fruit per day (eg 8 apples) and after 6 months l had HEAPS of cavities. I then cleaned my teeth more and continued fruit eating and l got HEAPS more cavities. At that point l gave up fruit completely because l wouldn't have had any teeth left in a short while by the rate they were being destroyed. These days l am low or no fruit and my teeth have been o.k. I clean my teeth morning and night sometimes, but l prefer once per day (at night) because l feel twice per day is excessive on a sprout diet.

I can't remember the last time l ate fruit, it's been months. Personally l want to get back to 99.9% sprouts and no fruit, l prefer that diet.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 11:20PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: October 04, 2016 11:24PM

Is it the acids in fruits that destroy teeth??? I am not so sure. Why? Because l have eaten fermented foods FULL of acids each day for years and my teeth are fine now.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: October 04, 2016 11:35PM

Hi Sproutarian

Thanks for sharing.
The problem with this man is that he poured sugar into his food in imitation of Harley. He also ate large amounts of dates...two big no-nos as Mike Arnstein has been teaching.

Sugar and date chewing (as opposed to drinking) seem to be the worst culprits.

I think Andrew Perlot teaches how to eat fruit to avoid cavities. But people need to listen to their bodies. I remember the story from Morse who said his client lost two teeth on the grape cure diet. At some point, when your teeth are getting loose, it has to occur that maybe the diet is not working and should be changed. If a person has a cavity, they have to feel it and say hey, this isn't working.

How did Mike Arnstein develop 20 + cavities and not feel them? At some point, the inner voice has to say , stop, this isn't working.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 05, 2016 11:48PM

THIS is the trick:

The trick is the type of bacteria. Flosing, brushing, etc. is meaningless. To have good teeth you need good bacteria. The only way is to take "oral probiotics"

Enjoy

Date: October 06, 2016 03:22AM

Panchito, please be specific. What bacteria are you talking about? THe different strains produce different results. Name the specific strain.

I still don't believe any bacteria is going to protect your teeth against POURING sugar into your smoothies and cereals, do you? Did you even watch the man's video? He talks about Harley's teeth. I thought Harley got his teeth capped, but he talks about more gruesome work done, like pulling his teeth out and replacing them. I still don't know which story is true, although Harley did mention about at least one implant.

Why is Durianrider NOT Telling you the Truth, How I Prevent Cavities on Raw till 4
[www.youtube.com]

Tooth Decay, Many Cavities on High Carb Vegan Fruitarian Diet After 6 Years
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 06, 2016 03:39AM

Seems to me if you have enough minerals in your diet (e.g., Ca & Mg), you will be fine toothwise so long as you aren't consuming things that remove these minerals. It's not what touches your teeth (you can clean them), it's what goes into your digestive system and gets to where it's needed.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 06, 2016 12:08PM

Many on the Standard American Diet are healthier than some on the raw food diet. The SAD may not be optimal but it is complete.

On raw food and especially when we do not include any animal products we need to be more careful and eat a more balanced diet.

Some of raw food feel that because it is raw and organic it is good and I can eat as much as I want. Big mistake. This can be seen on the videos, they look so pale so unhealthy. Teeth are not the only issues, there are deeper problems.

The problem is not fruits, the problem is that other nutrients and vitamins the body needs are not present.

It does not have to be X, or Y, or Z. It can be X + Y + Z

Date: October 06, 2016 07:26PM

I spooke the trick. I am not going to waste my time defending it. YOur teeth, your problem.

Good luck

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 06, 2016 09:28PM

Mineralization is the most important thing but also using common sense like rinsing after eating lots of fruit or something acidic. You don't want sugar or acids just sitting on your teeth for hours.

Posted by: Ifeelgood ()
Date: October 12, 2016 03:29PM

Can anyone explain to me how fruit sugar would rot your teeth? Such as Sproutarian Man claims. It can't make your body more acidic - dates and other dried fruits, as well as fruits in general, are some of the most alkalizing foods available. It could stick on your teeth and cause the growth of bacteria, but in this case that would be a consequence of not brushing.

Panchito - would you mind posting a link to the oral probiotics you use. Thanks!

Date: October 13, 2016 02:52AM

Explanation.

I thought everybody already knew how it works. Certain strains of bacteria produce acid, which erode the enamel of the teeth causing cavities (same as eating acidic foods). Sugary foods attract the acid producing bateria and that is why sugar "creates" cavities. By displacing the acid producing bacteria with an "oral probiotic" one, the acid is no longer made. Thus, there is no more tooth decay. "Oral probiotocs" contain several strains selected for several beneficial purposes.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 13, 2016 11:25AM

Panchito
THIS is the trick:

The trick is the type of bacteria. Flosing, brushing, etc. is meaningless. To have good teeth you need good bacteria. The only way is to take "oral probiotics"

Enjoy

The only way?

...And God said: THOU SHALT WAIT THAT ORAL PROBIOTICS BE CREATED BEFORE THOU EAT ANY FRUIT ...

Fruit eating animals in the wild are probably growing new teeth periodically. [www.quora.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 11:27AM by RawPracticalist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables