Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

aloe vera
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 09, 2016 12:06PM

Does anyone consume aloe vera fresh?

What do you like about it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2016 12:06PM by la_veronique.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: aloe vera
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 09, 2016 02:14PM

It is mostly used for a digestive cleanse.
It was discussed here [www.rawfoodsupport.com] [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2016 02:17PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: October 12, 2016 12:54AM

Inspiring video. Thanks! I think I can make that. Doesn't seem too technically difficult lolsmiling smiley

From Marcus' Video:

Cactus
Aloe Vera
Orange Juice

Blend, sieve out, drink

Ole!

Date: October 14, 2016 09:09AM

How do you remove the needles from those cactus.

Do you use some special cactus removing needles or do you just scrape it with some other special sort of device?

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 14, 2016 01:17PM

This guy show how to remove the needles.
Unfortunately for cooking...

[www.youtube.com]

or you can eat the fruits

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2016 01:25PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: October 14, 2016 03:19PM

La V
How do you remove the needles from those cactus.

Tai
I use a serrated knife. You can watch youtube videos to see several techniques. It takes practice to not get pricked. Many people use tongs to hold one side while the other hand uses a knife.

LaV
Does anyone consume aloe vera fresh?

What do you like about it

Tai
It is an essential plant everyone should grow not only for first aid for cuts and bruises and burns, but for internal use.
I like it fresh from the plant for healing anything in the GI tract.
Perhaps the only contraindication would be diarrhea and someone experiencing cold symptoms.
When aloe is sitting in store shelves, perhaps picked one month ago, as you see in Mexican grocery stores, that aloe is still good internally, but will have more of a cleansing reaction like for diarrhea. It won't have the intense healing enzymes of a freshly picked piece.

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: October 21, 2016 11:31AM

No not even an insect would touch that with it's toxic resins [www.youtube.com]

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: October 21, 2016 04:30PM

Diogenez
No not even an insect would touch that with it's toxic resins

Tai
Not exactly true. When I had a snail problem in the garden, I would have to pick the snails off at the base.

WHat's your point that the green skin is a great repellant? People don't normally blend the skin. They just consume the clear gel inside.

However, I have a book that has many testimonials of a particular aloe vera that is used in South America to cure cancer and they blend the entire leaf including the skin (originally they blended it with honey as a preservative and people would take several spoons a day. But others use fruit instead of honey and don't make large batches at a time).

I saw what the "purist" NH mentality lead to, when Doug Graham had no tools to deal with Leah's infection in Costa Rica and they had to send her to the hospital for medicine.

What would you do Diogenez for a burn both internal and external? For damaged tissue? for a bruise? for a perforation? for a wound that could get or is infected?

Aloe Vera is so amazing and such an obvious gift from God that you don't even have to kill the plant to use it. You use the outer leaves ONLY. When you have used all the outer leaves, put it to side and let it regrow. Often you don't even need to pick a whole leaf, but just an inch or two for a small need and it will close up wherever you cut its leaf.

THe last thing I will say about aloe is that I have witnessed it grows best with some wood chips blended with soil. It won't grow as big and juicy with just plain soil. I have seen giant aloes grown with only soil, but the ones that grow the fastest have some aeration with wood chips.

Date: October 25, 2016 09:04AM

Thank you Tai and Raw Practicalist!

thumbs down

Tai,

<<However, I have a book that has many testimonials of a particular aloe vera that is used in South America to cure cancer and they blend the entire leaf including the skin (originally they blended it with honey as a preservative and people would take several spoons a day. But others use fruit instead of honey and don't make large batches at a time).>>

What is the name of that specific aloe vera? So fascinating!

<<What would you do Diogenez for a burn both internal and external? For damaged tissue? for a bruise? for a perforation? for a wound that could get or is infected? >>

I call aloe vera " the Good Samaritan" cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables