Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Dr Robert Cassar 7 year gap
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 05, 2016 12:42AM

After watching and comparing the two vids, What is your opinion of 7 years of 'perfect idealized lifestyle' with all supplements you could ever dream, no stress, yoga, plenty of money, Hawaii, etc.

Nov 2016: [www.youtube.com]

Mar 2009: [www.youtube.com]

But does he looks older?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr Robert Cassar 7 year gap
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 06, 2016 05:01PM

Cassar looks great, his skin is fantastic, full head of hair, excellent muscle tone and symmetry. Look at his latest video. Proof of higher fat low sugar ketogenic diet. He does eat eggs though which is probably why he's doing so well...

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 06, 2016 07:40PM

Unfortunately when you're stuck on making money from the diet there's a lot of nonsense that starts to come out just like when I watched his video how I start my day. Full of nonsense, ugh

Date: December 06, 2016 09:11PM

Let's do Doug Graham?!?

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 06, 2016 11:35PM

He looks much older in the most recent video.
Too many supplements.
The body knows best how to get what it needs from the regular food we eat.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 07, 2016 12:41AM

Cassar looks good in both video. Something he is doing is working well for him.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 07, 2016 12:46AM

NuNativs
Let's do Doug Graham?!?

Haha... I'm honestly considering just deleting my account on here. I don't really see the point anymore. It's all "fat bad, high-carb good, don't worry about protein, healthy fats or minerals just eat fruit, if you had problems with high-carb it's your fault and you weren't pure, etc.". This isn't a source of learning or anything interesting anymore, it's mainly a source of bickering, dogma, and laughable delusion of grandeur comments.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 07, 2016 01:11AM

He's 56 years old give the guy a break, he looks damn good for his age. Noone in my experience is immortal or immune to aging past 40-50 though they claim that they might be...

And to all the supplement naysayers lets see some HD videos of you.

Date: December 07, 2016 05:59PM

Age is not the issue.
When it is questionable nutrition let's have the courage to say it.
So much effort and the gains are minimal.
Where is the food?
To get these nutrients you need to drink these liquids including Vodka and others.
This guy put his pictures out there with no shirt on to show us how well he is.
We have the right to question the method and results

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 06:10PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 07, 2016 09:44PM

RawPracticalist
Age is not the issue.
When it is questionable nutrition let's have the courage to say it.
So much effort and the gains are minimal.
Where is the food?
To get these nutrients you need to drink these liquids including Vodka and others.
This guy put his pictures out there with no shirt on to show us how well he is.
We have the right to question the method and results

Just as everyone else has the right to question the high-fruit and 80/10/10 method, because I've seen not ONE person following this type of diet ever share any impressive cellular nutrient results. The fruit-based, high-carb diet is questionable nutrition. Looking "young" is subjective, could be due to genetics, and looks aren't a determining factor when it comes to health. One's appearance can be altered by many things outside of diet.

If your diet revolves around fruit... where are you getting zinc, selenium, iodine, protein, bio-available iron, and enough ALA to manufacture EPA/DHA?

www.phytopanacea.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 09:51PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 08, 2016 01:27AM

If I were living in a tropical land where I can grow my own fruits, I would make fruits the basis of my diet.

I believe in post harvest nutrient deterioration so I cannot make fruits the basis of my diet.

Most of the foods I eat I grow them indoor. Micro greens, grasses, and sprouts. Very efficient, very nutritious. I use fruits as a snack in between real meals.

Let's talk about food one can prepare into meals for a whole family to eat, not supplements, powders, vodkas.

The big misconception is that just because the body needs iron or zinc let's take some supplements. Give the body the foods it needs and it will build from it the nutrients that are necessary to life.

One of Cassar remedy for good health is to spend 30 minutes in the sauna. You have to drink something or put some thing on your body to do that. Unthinkable. Food and good nutrition have failed and we need to find other ways to survive.

Total non sense for good health.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2016 01:42AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 08, 2016 03:14PM

Life is way more than food, he's doing physical cleansing protocols to keep his skin open. Native peoples did sweat lodges for the same reason. The vodka is a skin cleansing agent to strip off the outer skin debris and open the pores so that when he takes a sauna or exercises he transpires easily. Most people are clogged up and stagnant, his river is free flowing and clean.

Again this is beyond just taking the stance that all health derives from food, that's total nonsense. It's like saying that inversions, or exercise have nothing to do with health.

As far as supplements, it's as John Rose says that since we have descended we have a 3rd set of needs. For those who don't want to go back to cave man lifestyles like Daniel Vitalis hunting bears now, supplements are a good route.

Even the Blue Zone Seventh Day Adventists in their studies on their population have found that strict vegans live on the average years shorter than the ones who include eggs and fish, so that's supplementation and it works.

Date: December 08, 2016 03:44PM

But the whole thing couldn't be sauna supplements and vodka

Food should be the core.

We maintain life with another form of life

I do go to the gym but do not need to be in the sauna for 30 minutes or drink vodka for cleansing the food I eat does the cleansing already

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2016 03:54PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 08, 2016 05:00PM

He is into the diet as well, he eats low sugar, little fruit, tons of raw greens, lots of ferments, and some cooked food as well as 2 eggs a day. He doesn't really drink the vodka, he uses it on his skin to cleanse the pores. You obviously don't know anything about him, so...

Date: December 08, 2016 06:27PM

"Let's talk about food one can prepare into meals for a whole family to eat, not supplements, powders, vodkas.

The big misconception is that just because the body needs iron or zinc let's take some supplements. Give the body the foods it needs and it will build from it the nutrients that are necessary to life."

Ok so the first statement is nothing more than your opinion. There's nothing wrong with powders when it comes to pure nutrition and in fact much of the time can have even more nutrition than the fresh food. They can be a very effective way to increase one's nutrient intake and are produced from fresh whole foods. You lose the "energy" from the food but retain phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals, etc.

I don't even know where your second statement stems from? More like let's eat foods that give us enough zinc and bio-available iron. Your body isn't producing iron and zinc out of thin air just because it needs it. There are some good things to take from Natural Hygiene and some things to completely throw out the window because they're delusional and downright unhealthy.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 08, 2016 06:50PM

Powders have no water.

They cannot match the benefits that come with foods that have their organic water intact.

Nutrients have to be assimilated.

Date: December 08, 2016 07:31PM

RawPracticalist
Powders have no water.

They cannot match the benefits that come with foods that have their organic water intact.

Nutrients have to be assimilated.

Says who? Your predetermined, unproven dietary ideas? Powders are usually concentrated so they actually contain more nutrients. They're not fresh, but they have more nutrients. Every single food you eat doesn't need to contain water in order for you to be hydrated.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 08, 2016 08:40PM

For example, if you're eating a sprout salad... why not toss in a teaspoon of moringa leaf powder?

I have a moringa leaf powder that per one teaspoon contains:

6 grams of protein
202% Vitamin A
50% Vitamin C
180% Vitamin E
150% Vitamin K
192% Vitamin B2
40% Calcium
25% Iron
11.2 mg lutein
320 mg chlorophyll
+ more

Plus it's CHEAP! And you could easily double the nutrition with another teaspoon.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 08, 2016 09:17PM

You have a point if I were eating a salad of lettuce and tomato I bought from the store.
I would need some powders.

But the micro greens I am eating are still growing and packed with nutrients.

I do not have nutrients issue.

Grasses are among the top nutritious foods on earth. Powder cannot match grass juices.

The human body is 75 percent water

The food we eat should match that composition

Date: December 08, 2016 09:57PM

"But the micro greens I am eating are still growing and packed with nutrients."

Where is the nutritional information regarding these micro-greens? They're most certainly packed with phytochemicals... but as far as protein and minerals, very little information exists.

"I do not have nutrients issue."

So where do you get enough bio-available iron, zinc, selenium, iodine, protein and enough ALA to manufacture enough EPA/DHA?

"The food we eat should match that composition"

Based on what evidence?

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 08, 2016 10:13PM

But yes, going back to what NuNativs is saying... where are pictures of Panchito, fresh, RawPracticalist, etc.? Instead of bashing Cassar, show yourself!

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 08, 2016 11:34PM

jtprindl
But yes, going back to what NuNativs is saying... where are pictures of Panchito, fresh, RawPracticalist, etc.? Instead of bashing Cassar, show yourself!

says the guy/girl who doesn't show him/herself.

nothing wrong with my health, i don't have any interest in disseminating my photos on the internet as I have seen what happens to people as a result.

as for your absurd statement that you repeat ad nauseum about not getting those nutrients, they are available in regular fruits and veggies, just not in the amounts that you claim are necessary. no point to arguing that once again.

i was not bashing cassar, except to say that much of what he was saying in a video was nonsense, (as well as being a sales pitch for all kinds of nonsense supplements streaming on the bottom of the screen) for example, pouring fulvic acid (if i am recalling correctly) in some soaking nuts and the water immediately turned brown and then claiming it was the acidic fulvic acid having a chemical reaction or stripping the nuts as opposed to what was really happening which was the fulvic acid is brown, hence the water turned brown. i was 5 minutes into his video and he still hadn't finished talking about what he drank upon arising in the morning.

i think panchito may have been implying that he had aged more than expected, but perhaps so has doug graham. not that it matters, we're all just doing our best, trying to live an enjoyable life, which should be the focus.

Date: December 08, 2016 11:36PM

No one else is putting video out without shirt on to show how good they are doing on sauna and vodka diet.

>So where do you get enough bio-available iron, zinc, selenium, iodine, protein and enough ALA to manufacture enough EPA/DHA?

Before all these minerals were identified by scientists how was humanity surviving?

You are probably missing many that are not discovered yet. So how are you getting those minerals and nutrients that are have not been isolated by scientists yet?

I do not count minerals, I do not count calories, I listen to my body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2016 11:36PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 09, 2016 03:40PM

They were hunter gatherer, NOT pea sprout eaters. That's a luxury afforded my modern big ag...

Date: December 09, 2016 03:58PM

jtprindl

The question should be asked with your real name not jtprindl

Date: December 09, 2016 05:27PM

fresh
jtprindl

says the guy/girl who doesn't show him/herself.

nothing wrong with my health, i don't have any interest in disseminating my photos on the internet as I have seen what happens to people as a result.

as for your absurd statement that you repeat ad nauseum about not getting those nutrients, they are available in regular fruits and veggies, just not in the amounts that you claim are necessary. no point to arguing that once again.

i was not bashing cassar, except to say that much of what he was saying in a video was nonsense, (as well as being a sales pitch for all kinds of nonsense supplements streaming on the bottom of the screen) for example, pouring fulvic acid (if i am recalling correctly) in some soaking nuts and the water immediately turned brown and then claiming it was the acidic fulvic acid having a chemical reaction or stripping the nuts as opposed to what was really happening which was the fulvic acid is brown, hence the water turned brown. i was 5 minutes into his video and he still hadn't finished talking about what he drank upon arising in the morning.

i think panchito may have been implying that he had aged more than expected, but perhaps so has doug graham. not that it matters, we're all just doing our best, trying to live an enjoyable life, which should be the focus.

[epiphanutrition.webs.com] (Me, picture taken this summer)

Fresh, I don't say these things about nutrients because I'm trying to act superior or more knowledgeable... it's simply a fact that fruits don't contain certain nutrients. There's more to it than adding in fruits and veggies to CRON-O-Meter and having it say 100%+. You have to account for the fact that non-heme iron has a low bio-availability, environmental chemicals that attack the thyroid and deplete it of iodine on top of iodine being depleted in soils already, etc. Zinc, ALA, selenium, and protein simply just aren't in high quantities in fruits.

www.phytopanacea.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2016 05:27PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 09, 2016 05:36PM

RawPracticalist
No one else is putting video out without shirt on to show how good they are doing on sauna and vodka diet.

>So where do you get enough bio-available iron, zinc, selenium, iodine, protein and enough ALA to manufacture enough EPA/DHA?

Before all these minerals were identified by scientists how was humanity surviving?

You are probably missing many that are not discovered yet. So how are you getting those minerals and nutrients that are have not been isolated by scientists yet?

I do not count minerals, I do not count calories, I listen to my body.

Comparing humanity thousands of years ago to today is ridiculous. First, back then you ate ANYTHING to survive. This is not an indication of what is OPTIMAL. Second, the world we live in now is vastly different than it used to be. We're surrounded by far more toxins and the stress levels of modern-day society are very high. Both of these things require the body to use up nutrients. Stress depletes B-vitamins, for example. Chlorine depletes iodine. Toxins deplete selenium. So many factors deplete nutrients nowadays.

It's great that you listen to your body, but that doesn't mean your diet isn't falling short of various nutrients.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 09, 2016 07:51PM

Hey Joe,

Your picture explains a lot!!!

If I was a gambling man, this is pretty much what I thought you would look like.

Everyone should be required to have a picture to post so we can put things in perspective.

Date: December 09, 2016 08:18PM

he? This is taken from jtprindl website link: "how to _ significantly enhance cognitive functioning" eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2016 08:26PM by Panchito.

Date: December 09, 2016 08:33PM

Many people here do not claim to be 'health coaches' (self made profession with self made stories) or create exotic ideas to gain pseudo medals and boost themselves. The point is gaining wisdom and avoiding getting suck down on an all day ordeal of imaginary rituals and beliefs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2016 08:36PM by Panchito.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables