Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Dr Robert Cassar 7 year gap
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 09, 2016 09:48PM

John Rose
Hey Joe,

Your picture explains a lot!!!

If I was a gambling man, this is pretty much what I thought you would look like.

Everyone should be required to have a picture to post so we can put things in perspective.

And by that you mean....?

www.phytopanacea.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 09, 2016 09:50PM

Wouldn't be a rawfoodsupport thread if Panchito wasn't tossing out bitter, passive aggressive comments! smiling smiley

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 09, 2016 09:58PM

Panchito
he? This is taken from jtprindl website link: "how to _ significantly enhance cognitive functioning" eye popping smiley

Where do you see that? Funny you mention it though because I will be releasing a new page specifically dedicated to enhancing cognition. You may want to check it out, I think you need it.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 09, 2016 10:12PM

jtprindl
fresh
jtprindl
But yes, going back to what NuNativs is saying... where are pictures of Panchito, fresh, RawPracticalist, etc.? Instead of bashing Cassar, show yourself!

says the guy/girl who doesn't show him/herself.

nothing wrong with my health, i don't have any interest in disseminating my photos on the internet as I have seen what happens to people as a result.

as for your absurd statement that you repeat ad nauseum about not getting those nutrients, they are available in regular fruits and veggies, just not in the amounts that you claim are necessary. no point to arguing that once again.

i was not bashing cassar, except to say that much of what he was saying in a video was nonsense, (as well as being a sales pitch for all kinds of nonsense supplements streaming on the bottom of the screen) for example, pouring fulvic acid (if i am recalling correctly) in some soaking nuts and the water immediately turned brown and then claiming it was the acidic fulvic acid having a chemical reaction or stripping the nuts as opposed to what was really happening which was the fulvic acid is brown, hence the water turned brown. i was 5 minutes into his video and he still hadn't finished talking about what he drank upon arising in the morning.

i think panchito may have been implying that he had aged more than expected, but perhaps so has doug graham. not that it matters, we're all just doing our best, trying to live an enjoyable life, which should be the focus.

[epiphanutrition.webs.com] (Me, picture taken this summer)

Fresh, I don't say these things about nutrients because I'm trying to act superior or more knowledgeable..

OK

. it's simply a fact that fruits don't contain certain nutrients.

Which is why I don't suggest all fruit. You are mixing messages. You make claims about a diet not having nutrients but you don't even know the person's diet that you are critiquing.

Now you are focusing on fruit but nobody here has a diet of just fruit. Even if you're saying supp s or super foods necessary it's not proven but nothing wrong with you sharing your message. Although evidence would be more convincing .

There's more to it than adding in fruits and veggies to CRON-O-Meter and having it say 100%+. You have to account for the fact that non-heme iron has a low bio-availability,

I think you make the mistake of many by implying low bio-availability means a certain diet is deficient.

environmental chemicals that attack the thyroid and deplete it of iodine on top of iodine being depleted in soils already, etc. Zinc, ALA, selenium, and protein simply just aren't in high quantities in fruits.

Yes there are certainly concerns, and I understand why you do what you do and glad you're healthy, and so far so am I after 30 years nearly all raw vegan but not 100%.

Thank you for sharing.

Date: December 09, 2016 10:29PM

"Now you are focusing on fruit but nobody here has a diet of just fruit. Even if you're saying supp s or super foods necessary it's not proven but nothing wrong with you sharing your message. Although evidence would be more convincing."

I think iodine and B12 are necessary to supplement these days but superfoods aren't. But when I speak of necessity, I'm thinking in terms of optimal health. Not can I survive without it, but can I THRIVE without it? When it comes to herbalism, it's simply another tool for achieving specific desired effects such as enhanced longevity, cognition, strength, hormonal support, better immune system, etc. No, you don't NEED reishi or schizandra for example, but will you benefit greatly from taking them? Most likely.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of studies done on fruitarians or high-carb raw vegans, and because of this we have to use other methods of reasoning. One of those is looking at the nutrient content of the types of foods they eat and using information we've studied about human biology and physiology. Take for example ALA conversion rates to EPA/DHA. Or knowing that iodine and selenium are absolutely essential for proper thyroid function and detoxification so it's very important to ensure adequate intake.

"I think you make the mistake of many by implying low bio-availability means a certain diet is deficient."

It just significantly increases the chances of being deficient.

"Yes there are certainly concerns, and I understand why you do what you do and glad you're healthy, and so far so am I after 30 years nearly all raw vegan but not 100%."

Thank you, glad to hear it.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 10, 2016 02:24AM

jtprindl

Comparing humanity thousands of years ago to today is ridiculous. First, back then you ate ANYTHING to survive....

It's great that you listen to your body, but that doesn't mean your diet isn't falling short of various nutrients.

It seems that much has not changed for most. Just stop by a Burger King or Pizza restaurant to watch people eat and drink...

One great advantage nutrition has above any other scientific or knowledge pursuit is that we are experimenting on ourselves, we feel it, we live it and we become what we eat. We know it is working or not without seeking another opinion. We know better than the physician, the physician may not detect with his instruments what we feel.

During my quest for optimal health I came to realize that the main issue is not that the regular food we eat is lacking in nutrients, the main issue issue is that most of us have damaged digestive system making nutrient assimilation difficult.

The solutions are not in more powders but in more cleansing.

My approach and my diet work for me and that is enough.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2016 02:27AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 10, 2016 04:44PM

"It seems that much has not changed for most. Just stop by a Burger King or Pizza restaurant to watch people eat and drink..."

Well it's also because it's cheap and because corporations pay food scientists millions of dollars to create chemical ingredients that are specifically designed to get people hooked. Eating healthy, at least where I live (Wisconsin), is EXPENSIVE! Being a raw vegan living in a place that's known for beer, brats, cheese, and super cold weather isn't conducive to the lifestyle.

"During my quest for optimal health I came to realize that the main issue is not that the regular food we eat is lacking in nutrients, the main issue issue is that most of us have damaged digestive system making nutrient assimilation difficult."

Yes but if the food we eat lacks various nutrients, even with 100% assimilation, you can still be deficient.

"The solutions are not in more powders but in more cleansing."

Powders can be cleansing... Activated charcoal? Powdered chlorella or spirulina? Camu camu powder (high vitamin C content chelates excess copper)? Schizandra? There's nothing wrong with powders, no one is saying to base your diet on them. But they can fine-tune your health and give you various desired effects.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 10, 2016 04:45PM

[www.naturalhealth365.com]

There’s now a considerable amount of evidence that shows the negative effects of a DHA shortage in the brain. While the scientific community was already aware of the benefits of DHA and omega 3s in reducing inflammation and promoting optimal neuronal functioning; more recent studies are confirming that DHA is crucial to the health of brain neurotransmitters, cognitive functioning and a positive mood.

Without enough DHA, people are far more prone to anger and hostility.

DHA is one of the most potent omega 3s. The health-sustaining benefits of omega 3 are already well-known; however, there is now increasing evidence that DHA can support brain health and the optimal functioning of neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are the brain’s chemical messengers, ensuring smooth, clear communication between cells and neurons.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 10, 2016 07:43PM

Yes,DHA is an extremely important nutrient and studies are now showing it's high importance in the diet.And one thing that is concluded is that animal products for EPA/DHA is not always reliable because apparent oxidisation of the fats make the studies on EPA show contrasting results....sometimes animal products high in EPA helps and other times it has no effect.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: December 10, 2016 09:05PM

The Sproutarian Man
Yes,DHA is an extremely important nutrient and studies are now showing it's high importance in the diet.And one thing that is concluded is that animal products for EPA/DHA is not always reliable because apparent oxidisation of the fats make the studies on EPA show contrasting results....sometimes animal products high in EPA helps and other times it has no effect.

Yeah I don't understand why anyone would recommend eating fish or taking fish oils anymore, even if you're not vegan. They've been contaminated with SO many different environmental pollutants and even if you had access to pristine fish (if they even exist anymore), you derange and oxidize the omega-3's when you cook them. If you're going to supplement, why not just go directly to the source of EPA/DHA (algae oil).

Hemp/chia is a great way to get lots of ALA and when combined with curcumin enhances ALA > DHA conversion. Hemp also contains a unique fatty acid, SDA (stearidonic acid), which has higher conversion rates to EPA than ALA does.

[www.precisionnutrition.com]

www.phytopanacea.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2016 09:07PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 10, 2016 10:37PM

Too complicated.

Let's keep it simple.

A = A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2016 10:38PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 10, 2016 11:27PM

RawPracticalist
Too complicated.

Let's keep it simple.

A = A

Some things about nutrition are simple and some are complex. Personally I think if you're not willing to delve into or acknowledge the complexity, you're missing out on important information that could help you. Unless you think you already have everything figured out...

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 11, 2016 12:03AM

recommendations for fatty acids do not make any sense.
they recommend let's say 17g of omega 6
and 1.6 grams of omega 3

and then they recommend a ratio of 1:1 or no more than 4:1

makes no sense at all

low omega 6 has been shown to be better with respect to inflammation
and omega 3 on an extremely basic diet of bananas and romaine gives 2g
with omega 6 of 1.4 which much lower than "recommended", is in line with the ratio

conversion to dha is another issue and as already discussed here, vegans conversion ratio is higher, and was shown to provide same levels in the body.

also

"Although ALA is considered the essential omega-3 fatty acid because it cannot be synthesized by humans, evidence that human conversion of EPA and, particularly, DHA is relatively inefficient suggests that EPA and DHA may be considered conditionally essential nutrients."
[lpi.oregonstate.edu]

Date: December 11, 2016 12:51AM

"low omega 6 has been shown to be better with respect to inflammation
with omega 6 of 1.4 which much lower than "recommended", is in line with the ratio"

No that doesn't make sense, but who is "they"?

"conversion to dha is another issue and as already discussed here, vegans conversion ratio is higher, and was shown to provide same levels in the body."

Yes but it's not conclusive and it's very possible that some of the vegans supplemented or ate EPA/DHA enhanced foods (basically another form of supplementation). Also, we have no idea what their ALA intake level was, so while vegans may have higher conversion rates... at what dosage of ALA would it take to achieve similar DHA levels as fish eaters? On average, were they consuming 5, 10, 15, etc. grams of ALA?

""Although ALA is considered the essential omega-3 fatty acid because it cannot be synthesized by humans, evidence that human conversion of EPA and, particularly, DHA is relatively inefficient suggests that EPA and DHA may be considered conditionally essential nutrients."
[lpi.oregonstate.edu]"

You may not need DHA to survive, you can get by without it, but brain function will suffer. At least that's what an overwhelming amount of the research suggests.

www.phytopanacea.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2016 12:59AM by jtprindl.

Date: December 11, 2016 01:04AM

jtprindl
"low omega 6 has been shown to be better with respect to inflammation
with omega 6 of 1.4 which much lower than "recommended", is in line with the ratio"

No that doesn't make sense, but who is "they"?

>>>>many sources recommend 17g for example
[www.nutri-facts.org]
it's the Adequate Intake that I was referring to.
very confusing for anyone who tries to match that level when other sources say much lower

"conversion to dha is another issue and as already discussed here, vegans conversion ratio is higher, and was shown to provide same levels in the body."

Yes but it's not conclusive and it's very possible that some of the vegans supplemented or ate EPA/DHA enhanced foods (basically another form of supplementation). Also, we have no idea what their ALA intake level was, so while vegans may have higher conversion rates... at what dosage of ALA would it take to achieve similar DHA levels as fish eaters? On average, were they consuming 5, 10, 15, etc. grams of ALA?

>>>>>certainly good questions. again, symptoms, while not perfect, can be a guide.

""Although ALA is considered the essential omega-3 fatty acid because it cannot be synthesized by humans, evidence that human conversion of EPA and, particularly, DHA is relatively inefficient suggests that EPA and DHA may be considered conditionally essential nutrients."
[lpi.oregonstate.edu]"

You may not need DHA to survive, you can get by without it, but brain function will suffer.

right, and either you are healthy and your body creates enough dha (or you take in enough) or it does not.
hence the benefit of low omega 6 on a raw vegan diet, since high omega 6 lowers dha generation.

and again, the constant refrain of, "your body doesn't make a lot" or "the conversion rate is low" is meaningless. it's supposed to be low. not much is needed, apparently. feel free to post the studies showing people not on junk diets with low DHA, love to see it.

Date: December 11, 2016 01:16AM

my comments below

Omega-3s in Vegetarian Diets
By Jack Norris, RD

(indication below that vegetarians getting enough epa)

Because EPA reduces blood clotting, one way to figure out if vegetarians are getting enough EPA is to compare the blood clotting parameters of vegetarians to omnivores. Two studies have done this and found the differences to be minimal.

In terms of depression and cognition, there has been no research on omega-3s and vegetarians, but Joel Fuhrman, MD, has a private practice seeing many long-term vegans and has observed some older vegan men with very low DHA levels and cognitive problems, so there is reason to be prudent regarding DHA in older vegans, especially men.

(this is an extremely stupid conclusion as there are a thousand reasons why older men may have cognitive problems - i'd love to see the measurements for that unscientific sounding study)

>>>Research shows that 3 – 4 g of ALA per day per day can increase DHA levels; assuming intake of omega-6 is low.

Date: December 11, 2016 01:20AM

The body intuitively knows what it needs if we do not corrupt it.

The body only needs the fundamental building blocks and it will do the rest.

Date: December 11, 2016 01:44AM

"right, and either you are healthy and your body creates enough dha (or you take in enough) or it does not.
hence the benefit of low omega 6 on a raw vegan diet, since high omega 6 lowers dha generation."

It's a nice thought, but there's no evidence to support the notion that a "healthy" person is going to always create optimal levels of DHA. Then we get into the whole conversation of what defines "healthy". It's moreso the ratio of O3:O6 that lowers DHA conversion, not necessarily "high" omega-6 intake.

"Because EPA reduces blood clotting, one way to figure out if vegetarians are getting enough EPA is to compare the blood clotting parameters of vegetarians to omnivores."

That's faulty reasoning because there are LOTS of things that reduce blood clotting. But anyways, that's EPA.

"not much is needed, apparently."

Not much is needed for what?

www.phytopanacea.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2016 01:55AM by jtprindl.

Date: December 11, 2016 01:46AM

RawPracticalist
The body intuitively knows what it needs if we do not corrupt it.

The body only needs the fundamental building blocks and it will do the rest.

The fundamental building blocks are nutrients.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 11, 2016 11:08AM

jtprindl

The fundamental building blocks are nutrients.

That is why we go for the nutrients in their purest natural form to maximize nutrient assimilation. Raw tomato is far better than dried powdered tomato, the same for all your powders.

You can add water to powders but it is not going to bring them back to life.

We have the technology to achieve that, we do not have to wait for some far away powders with questionable source to arrive by mail.

Activated charcoal? I would not even take them for free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2016 11:10AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 11, 2016 06:11PM

One more time just to show how easy this is....

(Let's ignore jtprindl and his opinions about "more is better" just for a moment)

The stated requirement for Omega threes is .5% of calories on a 1682 calorie daily diet that's 8 calories and if you look at a very simple diet where you're not even trying to eat so-called high omega 3 of 15 bananas and a head of lettuce that satisfies the omega3 requirement. Plus 1600 cal is very low anyway.
Then you look at the recommendation of eating in ratio of 1 to 1 of omega3 to 6, that same diet provides exactly that.

There are of course other issues such as assimilation rate and DHA at cetera but based on the basic recommendations for Omega 3 & 6 they are met extremely easy on the most simple diet potentially

There is no evidence that I have seen supporting the large amounts of omega-6 that is allegedly required and the amounts recommended are counter to the ratio

People are constantly saying that you need to eat nuts or algae or seaweed or whatever but as I have just shown above that's not even necessary we're always searching for the foods that are highest in certain nutrients but that is a foolish way to design a diet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2016 06:13PM by fresh.

Date: December 11, 2016 07:12PM

"right, and either you are healthy and your body creates enough dha (or you take in enough) or it does not."

Again, there's no evidence to support the notion that a "healthy" person is going to always create optimal levels of DHA. And what defines "healthy"?

Not much is needed FOR WHAT? Not dying?

"There are of course other issues such as assimilation rate and DHA at cetera but based on the basic recommendations for Omega 3 & 6 they are met extremely easy on the most simple diet potentially"

Yes and they are key issues. No one is saying it's hard to get enough ALA on basic fruit and veggie diet. ALA isn't the operative omega-3 here.

"People are constantly saying that you need to eat nuts or algae or seaweed or whatever but as I have just shown above that's not even necessary we're always searching for the foods that are highest in certain nutrients but that is a foolish way to design a diet"

It's foolish to seek out the highest amount of nutrition in a world where almost everything is depleting our nutrient levels? I think it's foolish to follow a diet that is low in many nutrients, especially given the fact that there are lots of things that reduce our levels of nutrients, and then just telling yourself that you don't need them or the body will magically create them.

More is not always better, but that's not the point anyways. Being a proponent of avoiding deficiencies isn't the same as saying more is better.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 11, 2016 07:56PM

jtprindl
"right, and either you are healthy and your body creates enough dha (or you take in enough) or it does not."

Again, there's no evidence to support the notion that a "healthy" person is going to always create optimal levels of DHA. And what defines "healthy"?

Not much is needed FOR WHAT? Not dying?

My comment about not much is needed was in reference to those who say conversion rates are low when it does matter how low the conversion rate is only that there is enough. Just saying conversion is low is meaningless.
And no the low amounts needed are to enable the body to run properly. Has nothing to do with "not dying".

"There are of course other issues such as assimilation rate and DHA at cetera but based on the basic recommendations for Omega 3 & 6 they are met extremely easy on the most simple diet potentially"

Yes and they are key issues. No one is saying it's hard to get enough ALA on basic fruit and veggie diet. ALA isn't the operative omega-3 here.

Plenty of people say that it is hard. The other fats generated follow from the ingestion of the recommended amounts taken in by the primary fats.

"People are constantly saying that you need to eat nuts or algae or seaweed or whatever but as I have just shown above that's not even necessary we're always searching for the foods that are highest in certain nutrients but that is a foolish way to design a diet"

It's foolish to seek out the highest amount of nutrition in a world where almost everything is depleting our nutrient levels? I think it's foolish to follow a diet that is low in many nutrients, especially given the fact that there are lots of things that reduce our levels of nutrients, and then just telling yourself that you don't need them or the body will magically create them.

I understand you feel that way. I'm saying there are negative s associated with seeking out foods that are high in x especially if it's not established that there's a deficiency. That doesn't seem to stop you from repeatedly telling others "where do you get x" without any evidence that they cannot do so.

As I have said many times this is what drives people to animal foods and dehydrated foods.Plus excess is damaging.

More is not always better, but that's not the point anyways. Being a proponent of avoiding deficiencies isn't the same as saying more is better.

So both of us can live in harmony with you trying to avoid deficiency and me trying to avoid excess.

Date: December 11, 2016 09:22PM

"And no the low amounts needed are to enable the body to run properly."

Or maybe it's because humans have an extensive history of eating fish which provides a lot of DHA so it has adjusted accordingly to not exert much energy converting ALA into DHA because we had been getting it externally for a long time.

"That doesn't seem to stop you from repeatedly telling others "where do you get x" without any evidence that they cannot do so."

I'm not trying to prove they can't do it, I'm asking them personally where do they get certain nutrients. All it takes is knowing the foods you're eating and having an awareness of their nutrition.

When was the last time you heard about someone dying or suffering from having too many nutrients in their diet? Maybe from supplements, but not diet. Not saying it can't happen, but probably pretty rare.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 11, 2016 09:52PM

jtprindl
"And no the low amounts needed are to enable the body to run properly."

Or maybe it's because humans have an extensive history of eating fish which provides a lot of DHA so it has adjusted accordingly to not exert much energy converting ALA into DHA because we had been getting it externally for a long time.

Possibly

"That doesn't seem to stop you from repeatedly telling others "where do you get x" without any evidence that they cannot do so."

I'm not trying to prove they can't do it, I'm asking them personally where do they get certain nutrients. All it takes is knowing the foods you're eating and having an awareness of their nutrition.

When you ask that question you're implying that they cannot get those nutrients

When was the last time you heard about someone dying or suffering from having too many nutrients in their diet? Maybe from supplements, but not diet. Not saying it can't happen, but probably pretty rare.

It's simple logic that excess causes a decrease in energy due to the necessity of processing it and eliminating it

Date: December 12, 2016 05:12AM

"It's simple logic that excess causes a decrease in energy due to the necessity of processing it and eliminating it"

Yes but unless it's a severe toxicity which is rare, overall it damages the body less than deficiencies would.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 13, 2016 03:03AM

fresh
One more time just to show how easy this is....

People are constantly saying that you need to eat nuts or algae or seaweed or whatever but as I have just shown above that's not even necessary we're always searching for the foods that are highest in certain nutrients but that is a foolish way to design a diet

The regular local food has enough nutrients. I have observed to be the case over the last 3 years when I turned my focus on cleansing and cleansing foods, very few nuts, no seaweed, no supplements, my test readings are within normal range. The problem is not nutrients but nutrient assimilation.

The health gurus want us to believe in the supplement business. It was that we could not live without yogi berries, then cacao powder, then brazil nuts, then hemp seeds, now activated charcoal. Nature would be so inefficient if various cultures could not survive on their local foods.

Let's repeat here Hugo's celebrated quote on the issue.

"The serpent is in man. It is the intestine. The belly is a heavy burden; it disturbs the equilibrium between the soul and the body. It is the mother of vices. The Colon is King.”

-Victor Hugo

Date: December 13, 2016 04:58AM

"The regular local food has enough nutrients. I have observed to be the case over the last 3 years when I turned my focus on cleansing and cleansing foods, very few nuts, no seaweed, no supplements, my test readings are within normal range. The problem is not nutrients but nutrient assimilation."

Care to take a picture of the results that show that all of your nutrient levels are within range? Local food nutrition is relative to your location and I think it's a mistake to think that as long as you eat local food, you're fully nourished.

Again, 100% assimilation of low amounts of nutrients is still low amounts of nutrients.

"Nature would be so inefficient if various cultures could not survive on their local foods."

Survival and thriving are two separate things. Personally I'm not interested in how little I can get by with to merely survive. Let's say you live in Wisconsin... what foods are you getting your nutrition from half of the year when everything is dead and it's too cold to grow anything?

I'm interested in seeing your physique if you live on a diet of primarily micro-greens and fruit.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 13, 2016 12:46PM

>Again, 100% assimilation of low amounts of nutrients is still low amounts of nutrients

If you believe that powdered vegetables are richer than fresh and growing vegetables then there is nothing else to talk about.

The fundamentals of my diet is that the foods are very high in nutrients, fresh, and raw.

> Let's say you live in Wisconsin... what foods are you getting your nutrition from half of the year when everything is dead and it's too cold to grow anything?

I lived in Madison WI for six months last year. Yet I still had my micro greens.
When I was there I could not find any one sleeping outside in the cold in the winter, they were all in their houses, the heat on, keeping warm.

Your diet seems to be based on nutrients proportion and findings from the scientists. What usually happen years later is that new findings will invalidate earlier ones. In many situations common sense prevails.

Here is reading on "10 Facts About The Horrific Death Of George Washington"

[listverse.com]

He was killed by the treatments of the doctors of his time. He was prescribed Vile Concoction, Spanish Fly, and other means. These doctors thought they had the knowledge.

Date: December 13, 2016 05:56PM

"If you believe that powdered vegetables are richer than fresh and growing vegetables then there is nothing else to talk about."

Did I ever say that? I don't see how that response is relevant to assimilation. The fact of the matter is that they can be more nutritious than fresh and growing vegetables because they can be concentrated. If it takes 10 pounds of berries to make 1 pound of powder... you have 10x more nutrition. Do you have the water content? No. But you have the phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc. Besides, most powders are from exotic fruits/herbs that most people don't have access to fresh anyways. There's nothing wrong with extracts or powders and they can have many benefits.

"Yet I still had my micro greens."

Micro-greens are rich in phytochemicals but when it comes to minerals and protein, there is no reliable information. You can only grow micro-greens in Wisconsin because of modern-day technology... but before you were talking about what humanity's diet was before the modern-day. If you lived in Wisconsin during winter two thousand years ago, you either hunted or died from starvation.

"Your diet seems to be based on nutrients proportion and findings from the scientists."

Testing the nutritional content of foods is very basic science, not really a lot of room for flaw.

www.phytopanacea.com

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables