Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

concord grapes
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 17, 2016 09:32AM

Concord grapes. Head and shoulders above all other kinds of grapes, I believe from a nutritional, mineral stand point.

Tell me more what you think about this fantastic cluster of purple globes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: concord grapes
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 18, 2016 07:05AM

I love the taste of Concord grapes. I had a bunch this summer fresh off the vines, and these were seedless.

Date: December 19, 2016 09:28AM

prana,

Are they in season during the summer, mainly? I rarely see them in the stores. I think they taste fantastic too. So much richer than the other grapes.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 25, 2016 08:52AM

Yes, late summer. I've also seen them rarely in the stores too. I think the issue is they are quite delicate when ripe.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: December 25, 2016 01:45PM

I also have always loved the taste of the Concord, but this info is new to me-If you don't have grape expectations, you should.

By Julie Upton | Contributor July 25, 2016, at 6:00 a.m.
MORE
Purple Power: 8 Surprising Facts About Concord Grapes
MORE
Bees hover around ripe Concord Grapes, attracted by the fragrant aroma.

Bees hover around ripe Concord Grapes, attracted by the fragrant aroma. (Getty Images)

Talk about purple power – the pigment that gives Concord grapes their distinctive hue is responsible for the (super) fruit's super powers. Here are some, er, grape reasons to add more purple produce, including Concord grapes, to your shopping cart:

They may improve your health. Purple may be the color of royalty, but purple-hued foods signify improved health. One study found that Americans who eat purple and/or blue fruits and veggies (Concord grapes, blueberries, plums, eggplant) had smaller waistlines, lower blood pressure and reduced markers of inflammation compared to those who didn't eat purple/blue foods.

They provide benefits similar to red wine. Many of the beneficial polyphenols found in Concord grapes are the same as those present in red wine. Hundreds of studies conducted over decades show that these natural compounds promote cardiovascular health.

[See: The Best Foods for Sleep.]

They're nutrient-rich. About 19 Concord grapes (one handful) contain around 30 calories and equal 1/2 cup or one serving of fruit. And, if you're sipping 100 percent grape juice, you're scoring the same beneficial polyphenols of the fruit because the beverage is made from the skin, seeds and flesh of Concord grapes. Cheers to that!

They contain compounds that fight free radicals. While human clinical trials are limited, mounting laboratory, animal-model and other types of research studies suggest that purple foods, such as Concord grapes, blueberries and plums, can neutralize free radicals that can cause DNA damage when left unchecked.

They relax your arteries. Relaxed arteries are considered healthy arteries. Two decades' worth of research shows that Concord grapes and 100 percent grape juice are good for the heart and help maintain clean and flexible arteries that improve blood flow. This is thanks to the potent polyphenols in the super fruit.

[See: The Best Diets to Prevent – and Manage – Diabetes.]

They help keep your mind sharp. Concord grapes, grape juice and red wine may also help maintain grey matter as you age. That means an improvement in cognitive function and a reduced risk for declines in memory, due to the beneficial cardiovascular and anti-inflammatory properties, according to laboratory, animal model and small human clinical trials.

They're natural performance-enhancers. Studies on antioxidant supplements suggest a reduction in markers for inflammation among athletes. One small human clinical trail that included 12 adult runners reported that those who supplemented their diet with purple grape juice had improved endurance.

[See: How to Lose 50 Pounds Without Really Trying.]

They may help boost immunity. One study of 85 middle-aged adults found that those who were given 100 percent grape juice daily for nine weeks (in the absence of eating any other blue/purple foods) had an increase in a certain type of immune system cell compared to those who drank a placebo beverage.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 25, 2016 09:50PM

There is no question that the concord grapes, the superfood powders have a lot of nutrients and phytochemicals.

Even the backyard garden tomato has many useful properties.

The problem lies in the other things we do that damage our health, the smoking, the excessive drinking, the fried foods, and many other lethal things we inject.

People do eat a lot grapes but their effects are negligible to our health because other things we inject are too detrimental.

That is why we have more cancer deaths, more stokes, more child obesity, and, and...

We can continue to praise how nature is beautiful and our divine origins but until we engage in self transformation, on being reborn, and on changing our attitudes, our suffering will continue, while the sun and the moon will continue to be as beautiful as ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2016 09:54PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 26, 2016 01:21AM

Beside bad foods causeing the cancers, How can one be healthy with toxic air and water. I quote Corbin Harney again- You may feel healthy, But you are all sick. You can not be healthy with bad air and water. 99 percent of ground water in usa poluted. 25 percent of the air polution in LA Ca. is from China revers same for china
I know where you get your water-At Alberts.
One Air One water

Date: December 26, 2016 02:40AM

And these wonderful natual anti toxins that are grown with what waters and what air deposits on soils. The pure phyics says we are all in big troubled water.
Filters can romove some toxins, But not all How many nuclear test have been conducted world wide?| most at test site Mercury the most bombed place on our planet I know the numbers and they are a sure mind blower.
How many tons of chemical are manufactured every day? where do they go?
answer- for a swim in the Gene Pool. In the soils and waters. just because we feel healthy does not mean we are. Our bodies are a mirical on the fight, but we are losing our battle here on the Earth. We need to unlearn so we can learn.
Planet Peace for the future generations would be considerate. Ive had my time and more but Im afraid for all our chlidrens and generations to come. active or dead the choice we can all make.

Date: December 26, 2016 04:01AM

Prana

Late Summer? Cool. Thanks!

Date: December 26, 2016 04:02AM

riverhousebill

Concord grapes also have a really impressive mineral content as well.
But I liked reading about the other stuff you posted. I think they are also the best tasting grapes out of all the other grapes as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables