Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Nutrients don't matter ..VIDEO
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 21, 2016 01:04AM

the whole basis of WBC needing to be at X level is flawed, as a lower level is good.

as well, you cannot separate his transitional effects of losing weight, etc from what you think you see on the test results.

contact his doctor and get back to us, then we'll have something, until then you're playing doctor without the proper qualifications

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 21, 2016 01:14AM

"contact his doctor and get back to us, then we'll have something, until then you're playing doctor without the proper qualifications"

That's an interesting interpretation.

But really what I did was observed his test results and did a little research.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 21, 2016 03:10AM

>But really what I did was observed his test results and did a little research.

what you're doing, as usual, is projecting deficiency without the appropriate symptoms, and basing it on results marginally off from reference ranges.

Date: December 21, 2016 03:13AM

fresh
>But really what I did was observed his test results and did a little research.

what you're doing, as usual, is projecting deficiency without the appropriate symptoms, and basing it on results marginally off from reference ranges.

Clearly.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 21, 2016 03:04PM

Meanwhile this woman is 117 and has been eating 3 eggs a day all her life and little else. Now she's tapered down to two eggs and cookies....

117 on Eggs & Cookies...

Date: December 21, 2016 03:32PM

Is she mowing her own lawn like Dr Wareham

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2016 03:45PM by fresh.

Date: December 21, 2016 03:48PM

Real men don't have lawns...

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 21, 2016 03:53PM

jtprindl
"Most are overloaded, they can live on a potato diet for months with no issue."

Overloaded with toxins and calories, not nutrients.

The fundamental issue with nutrition is this.

How do we provide the body the necessary nutrients and minerals without overloading it. Food gives us nutrients for sure but it leave residues and overeating can be dangerous for our health.

Just watch people when invited at a dinner. Before the main meal start, the appetizers, the drinks, the cookies, the nuts, the cheese slices alone will be 10 times more than the necessary daily allowances.

Like sex food is addictive and we indulge on it when we have other emotional issues. But at what cost?

People who are naturally sober but make sure to have the necessary nutrients live a long life on the average. People who eat too much do not.

Date: December 21, 2016 04:30PM

"How do we provide the body the necessary nutrients and minerals without overloading it. Food gives us nutrients for sure but it leave residues and overeating can be dangerous for our health."

Personally I wouldn't even worry about that and I highly doubt the Okinawan's, who people like to mention here, do either. I just eat anywhere between 2,000 - 2,500 calories daily and make sure that I'm eating foods that will provide me with the nutrients I need on regular basis. However, you can get in-depth information about your nutrient levels and overall state of health via SpectraCell.

[www.spectracell.com]
[www.spectracell.com]
[www.spectracell.com]

"Like sex food is addictive and we indulge on it when we have other emotional issues. But at what cost?"

Sex is very healthy, especially when it's with someone you love and share a deep level of intimacy with. There's a lot more to longevity than diet and I think worrying about every little dietary aspect is not conducive to optimal health.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: December 21, 2016 04:55PM

jtprindl
Sex is very healthy, especially when it's with someone you love and share a deep level of intimacy with. There's a lot more to longevity than diet and I think worrying about every little dietary aspect is not conducive to optimal health.

Food and sex are necessary to life and good when done properly but that is the issue we have, control.

Many cannot control the urge, and then would eat anything and go to be bed with any one.

Excessive nutrient intake is not necessarily bad but the urge make us take in unhealthy nutrients or unhealthy mates. The burger or pizza is just too juicy I cannot stop eating even though I am not really hungry. Some wealthy married men would pay anything to have an hour of private time with teenagers. Look at the underground sex industry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2016 04:58PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 21, 2016 06:59PM

Ehert:
Sex is a part of vitality, it is even so
to say, the barometer of regeneration, rejuvenation, youth,
health and happiness.

I have seen sterility of the female healed, and every
patient who earnestly took up this system for any kind of
disease "rejuvenated."

No one of western civilization knows what genuine
"love vibrations*' mean from a body with clean blood
composed of such ingredients that produce electric cur-
rents arid static electricity sent out and received by "wire-
less"— hair. See what I have to say about hair in my
"Rational Fasting." The beard of man is a secondary sex
organ. Beardless and hairless and bald makes for a
"second-rate" sex quality in every respect. See Judges 16:
13-18.

If you could believe how easy it is to control sex by
this diet you would soon quit your steaks and eggs.

Masturbation, night emissions, prostitution, etc., are
all eliminated from the sex life of anyone living on a
mucusless diet after their body has become clean and
powerful.

The fallacy that saving, keeping the germ (an idea of
modern experts) will nourish man's brain (high protein
substance) is absurd. Love is the greatest power and it is,
if natural, the highest "invisible food" from the infinite for
soul and body.

Date: December 21, 2016 07:38PM

Correct.

We are dealing with the eternal struggle between excess and measure as well documented in the Greek mythology.

Dionysus was the God of excess and Apollo the God of measure.

And every day every second we have the choice to be Dionysus or Apollo.

"Dionysus is considered a very sensual god; the wine produced by the grapes that mark his fertility inspires music and poetry. Words frequently associated with Dionysus are dance, contradiction (life and death), intoxication, fire, frenzy, mad women, and ecstasy."

"Words associated with Apollo are light, music, poetry, eloquence, justice, morality, purity, elevated thought, restraint, and order."

Date: December 21, 2016 07:57PM

I don't think it is smart promoting this type of thinking too much. Some people can do well on lower nutrient diets, but many people don't seem to imo, and the science largely suggests more nutrients are better than less.

Remember, there are different truths for different people, therefore there is no single rule about this.

I shall continue watching the video now.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: December 21, 2016 09:17PM

The issue l have with these `so called' experts is they are trying to make things seem absolute. Some people probably can live well on low nutrient wholefood mono diets,but l am also convinced that many people probably can't in this day and age.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: December 23, 2016 11:52AM

Gabriel Cousens writes on his facebook page:

Why do we need a long-chain omega-3 supplement on a vegan diet?
Long-chain omega-3 are essential for our health. DHA especially supports the brain and the heart.
We get short-chain omega-3 form our diet. Mainly from chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, and walnuts. The problem is that the body needs to convert the short-chain fatty acids to long-chain to be able to use them and get their health benefits.
The conversion rate in our body is between 3% to 5% only!
That means we don’t get much from our diet alone.

Really?

[www.facebook.com]

[www.drcousensglobal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2016 11:53AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 24, 2016 04:19AM

I would recommend anybody here to take vegan marine DHA/EPA. There is a trick to get the pure oil without the other bad nutrients (ex. carragrenan). It is as follows. When you get the bottle with the softgel (the softgel contains the bad stuff), bite on the gell (break it inside your mouth) and spit out the softgel. Done. Although ALA is the most abundant fat in the planet (green leaves), EPA and DHA are semi essential and it is best to be safe and cover the basics.

Date: December 24, 2016 07:20PM

Common signs of EPA and DHA deficiency are chronic excessive pain and inflammation, fatigue, weakened immunity and/or autoimmunity, dry skin, eczema or hair loss, heart problems and/or poor circulation, reproductive problems (men and women), poor memory, behaviour problems, learning problems, and mood swings

Date: February 10, 2017 06:16AM

Oldest American, Adele Dunlap, dies at age 114

"She never went out jogging or anything like that," her son, Earl Dunlap, said when his mother became the oldest American. "She's not really thin, but she never weighed more than 140 pounds. She smoked, and when my father had his first heart attack, they both stopped. I think she ate anything she wanted."
[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 28, 2017 04:29AM

I am surprised that there's little to no mention here of digestion and assimilation. After age of 50 (earlier in some people) your stomach's ability to produce adequate hydrochloric acid goes down. Following is a comment made by someone here at rawfoods from 2014, which bears repeating:

Same goes for betaine HCL and ox bile with daily
long term use, you can weaken the bodies own
secretion and production of stomach acid and bile.
Bitter herbs pre meal are a better choice in my
opinion because they merely stimulate the body to
release stomach acid, pancreatic digestive enzymes
and bile flow, rather than substituting these in
the case of digestive enzyme supplements or
betaine HCL.

However, there is nothing wrong with kickstarting a poor digestive condition with Betaine Hydrochloride. You just have to know when the supplement has done its job of assimilating the nutrients necessary for the natural production of HCl in the first place. You know - Catch 22.

Here is an interesting article on stomach acid deficiency, if you can plow thru it. It is worth reading. The author implies near the beginning of this long article that raw is better for digestion than cooked food, but nevertheless the problem of low stomach acid must be dealt with one way or another.

[drmanlove.com]

So many people's eyes just glaze over when they hear talk of "digestion" or "assimilation", which is unfortunate.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables