Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Great Fruit Sugar Debate...
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 12, 2017 08:17PM

Brian Clement is LOST In Studies & Needs to Get Rid of His Hitchhiker!!!

[www.youtube.com]
An Open Debate on Fruit Sugar
34:32 Minute Video

JR’s Notes:

[youtu.be]
0:15 MM
Hello my dear ones, it’s always a pleasure to come to you, always has been throughout all of these years, all of the beautiful souls I’ve met and all of those that are getting their Healings worldwide - it’s incredible.

This Video, however, is to Brian Clement and I know some of you have been trying to get Brian and me together to Debate Fruit Sugar and I find that interesting in that, Brian, you are coming from a different level of thinking than I do. Even though I’m a Biochemist and Naturopath and I’ve had 45 years in this field and the things that I hear about Fruit Sugar is so bazaar I just have to tell you.

So this is about my take on Fruit Sugar and what I’ve done in 45 years on Fruits, Berries and Melons where Fructose is high and essential. You know, there are 3 Simple Sugars, guys, in Nature. You have your Fructose, which is your Simple Fruit Sugar, you have your Glucose, which is your Simple Vegetable Sugar and you have Galactose, which is your Simple Milk Sugar and these are the 3 Simple Fruits. When you start complexing these Sugars, then you start getting in to Di, which is 2 or more, and then, you get into Polysaccharides - Saccharides are Sugar. Sugars are the Carbon side of Nature where Amino Acids are the Nitrogen side of Nature. Carbon tends to be on the Base side of Chemistry and the Nitrogen tends to be on the Acidic side of Chemistry. When you start looking at the Foods that have these Simple Sugars in them, they’re Base in their structures because Base dominate Food is the appropriate Food for the Homo Sapiens, a matter of fact, for most vertebras.

So when someone claims that Fruit Sugar, Natural Fruit Sugar is Bad for you, these guys are probably of the intellectual variety who got lost in studies that are meaningless and have no basis in Fact or Truth and you see this constantly and I’ve done Videos through these years showing the Fruit Sugars or how beneficial they are and why we win so many cases and especially Neurological cases. But it’s important that everyone realize that Sugar is essential to Life. It used to be called Grape Sugar, but it is important that you understand that Sugar is Carbon and Carbon is essential to acquiring ATP, ADP and AMP - these are the Adenosine-Tri’s and Monophosphates - these are the Energy Factors of Cells where Oxygen and Carbon are combined with the Hydrogen yanked out, which is the Acidic side of Chemistry and now you have Energy - Pure Energy.

It’s important to understand that Sugars are essential. On top of this, you must understand the different vertebras and how man was put together. 3:22 MM

[youtu.be]
6:11 MM
And then comes the Omnivores - we’re not nothing like a Dog, Hog, Bear or Chicken - these are all Omnivores.

[youtu.be]
29:14 MM
So we don’t use Supplements here either. We use Herbs. Herbs are NOT for Diseases - that’s man-made. Herbs are for Body Tissues and Body Fluids.

[youtu.be]
29:25 MM
Remember, the Physical Body is only Cells and 2 Major Fluids, Water, of course, but 2 Major Fluids. Who’s the 2 Major Fluids of the Body?

Blood and Lymph!

Well, Blood is the Kitchen - no question about that - Minor Fluid.

The Lymph - the Massive Lymph and remember, they just found the Lymph System in the Brain, the University of Virginia 2 years ago, and before that, the Lymphatic System was found in the Brain, a 2nd Lymph System in the Brain. They haven’t found the base of the Spine - the Triangled one - the one that goes and Feeds the Kidneys and Drains - they haven’t found those yet. 29:58 MM

29:58 MM
Well, how can you just find these Lymph Vessels like they were the researchers at the Virginia, West Virginia, that were saying that or the University of Virginia were saying that in a cadaver, you can’t see them. They have to be in a Live person because they’re so viscous - you can’t see them in depth. How interesting that is? You know the Body’s Exhibit when it was around, they never had anything about the Lymph System hardly at all. They had all of the Vascular System out and they had all of the different Systems and stuff, but they didn’t have the Lymph System.

This is a System that’s Causing All of Man’s Problems and yet, man doesn’t even understand this System because no one is helping him. Allopath has No clue to this System. You don’t have to have academics to understand the Sewer System and how It works. I built custom homes all my life and I put in a lot of new Sewer Systems in homes and you got to understand the Sewer System and what It’s doing for you. Look at babies who you don’t change the diaper in a timely matter - why do they get the Burn on the bottom? What’s the Burn from? Acids and that’s what you have to understand is that you have to eliminate the bulk of the Acids out of the Human Body, but you have to buffer them for the 3 pH at the Cellular Level and this is why you see the Lipid side to burn Electrolytes.

So it’s a trip you guys when you start finding yourself in the Acidic Zones, which is full of Symptomology. A matter of fact, almost every Symptom the Allopathy can name is steeped in Inflammation or in a better word, Acidosis. Acidosis is the truth of the word and Inflammation is the Body’s response to that, including Cholesterol, Calcium and Edema. So when you see Cholesterol building up or Calcifications or Edema, what’s going on here? Acidosis - Stagnation where you’re getting a Cationic Environment in an Environment that should be Anionic. A Cationic Environment is an Acidic Environment that Causes Dehydration - Agglutination - all of those things that show you that things stick together, including Cells. And you see that even in a minor way in the Blood when you see Blood Cells attaching or following each other like Choo-Choo Trains. That’s an Enzymatic Lack of Diet and also a Higher Protein Diet. We are Not a High Protein Species whatsoever. And all of the Body Builders and people we get in here that have suffered that have pumped in High Proteins and now have RA and they’ve lost their Joints. Body Builders have blown their rectums. I mean, it’s all this because it leaches Calcium out of the Body. You can go on and on and on on the Negative Side of Proteins. This is why Man’s Biggest Problems. We’re Carbon Prints - Not Nitrogen Prints. 32:45 MM

32:45 MM
So this Video is for you Brian, but it’s also to the public and you can negate this all you want, but I have got a rich history my friend. I have so many successes around the world that you can’t even come to that. It’s enough to say my advice is that you change your attitude about Sugars and you start learning how to Detox people deeper. This doesn’t mean no offense to you it’s just that we hear a lot of things going on over there and, of course, I meet you once. I had attended a discussion you gave for the American Diabetes Foundation and I was giving a talk myself. I went to your talk, you didn’t come to mine and somebody kept hitting me on my back and said, do you believe this guy? And I’m going No. He said, we don’t either. A lot of people don’t believe when you say Fruits are Bad for you my friend because they’re Not. It’s misinformation on your part and I suggest that you change your mind and learn how to take the Hippocrates way up a lot further than what it is because its stagnating.

And so, I think that’s about all I have to say about Fructose. It is the Divine Sugar of all Sugars. We used to call it Grape Sugar and all of the Grapes, we all adorned it because it is our Energy Factors and like I said, it’s the only level in a Neurological case that you can find your Remedies that’s for sure.

So I love you all. Brian, I love you too, but you’ve got to Wake Up with the Fructose thing. You’re telling people Wrong stuff and we Proved this and Proved this and Proved this and a little special thing from me and my friends - Brian, get rid of your Hitchhiker - get rid of your Hitchhiker and straighten things around there, alright? I love you all. Thank you very much. 34:30 MM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Great Fruit Sugar Debate...
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 13, 2017 03:03AM

Robert Morse and Brian Clement would do themselves a favor by learning from each other....Robert Morse needs to include more greens, microgreens, veggies and sprouts into his protocols and Brian needs to include more astringent fruits. They should share case studies and supplement the weaknesses of each other.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 13, 2017 03:25PM

I think Brian's point is very valid. Fruit is not the problem. The problem is that most of us after years of bad eating habits have digestive systems not adequate for fruit consumption.

For example you John do periodic green juice fasting lasting a month or more. Your system has no problem digesting fruits, or taking in fruit sugar. But those living on doghnuts and burgers it is a different story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2017 03:26PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: April 13, 2017 03:41PM

Robert Morse said:
I think that’s about all I have to say about Fructose. It is the Divine Sugar of all Sugars. We used to call it Grape Sugar and all of the Grapes, we all adorned it because it is our Energy Factors and like I said, it’s the only level in a Neurological case that you can find your Remedies that’s for sure.

Tai:
I did Robert Morse's correspondence course. He has some amazing case studies to back up what he says (including for paralysis) and on youtube there are new cases too, that affirm what he says, including a lady who had Multiple Sclerosis and tried Hippocrates and wheat grass and it didn't work for her and then she tried RObert Morse and the fruit and herb approach worked for her. YET, I met a man with Multiple Sclerosis who stayed at Optimal Health Institute in San Diego for two months and he was "cured" using the wheat grass juice approach. He would soak his hands in wheatgrass juice in addition to drinking huge amounts of it.

So, Robert Morse has good reason to say fruit is the "ONLY" level of remedy for neurological cases, however, although his own cases have "proved" that to him, it's not the whole picture, Just as an example, Optimal Health Institute limits fruit intake and stress more microgreens, which is an approach that did heal a case of Multiple Sclerosis, but Robert Morse doesn't know this because he needs to share more with these institutes and professionals.
For every amazing root nervine herb, there is an above ground leafy green. He doesn't cure people only with fruit, he gives them herbs.

The most powerful nervine medicines are herbs not fruits. Robert MOrse can't argue this, but his point is that the astringent fruits wash and rinse the lymphatic system, which is essential in healing. WHile this is true, luckily it's not the only way, because in some climates, fruit is not always available. Just think of Ann Wigmore's miracle story of when the doctors wanted to amputate her leg/s and she just chewed grass all day in the sun and healed her legs.

Date: June 28, 2017 09:56PM

>The most powerful nervine medicines are herbs not fruits

True.

But herbs are not delicious.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: June 29, 2017 08:34AM

But Ann Wigmore's "cure story" is pure B.S. as far as I can determine.

As is my wont, I spent a lot of time researching it. The Middleboro, Mass. public library, where Ann lived with her family from circa 1923 until circa 1930 (approximately when she married Mr. Wigmore) has an unusual on-line breakdown of accidents of any type occurring to Middleboro residents by alphabetical name during the decades in the early 20th Century through the 1940ties, and nobody named Ann Warapicki or Warapicky, the family name in Middleborro, is on that list.

Her young sister & a female cousin, who fell off a horse & buggy driven by an uncle in 1922, are on it (the sister was only bruised, but the cousin was taken to the local hospital for x-rays); her family's horse is even on it when he broke away while being tied up in front of a downtown Middleboro store & collided with an automobile, in 1926 if I remember correctly; and her father's accident in 1930 when he was driving a bakery delivery truck & it somehow overturned & fell on top of him (which sounds suspiciously like Ann's alleged accident where she claimed she was driving a horse & buggy bakery delivery wagon, which fell on top of her & damaged her legs) is also listed. But no Ann, where she claims she spent weeks in the Middeboro hospital, turns up.

I can direct you to Middleboro's historical accident data if you wish. It's quite interesting reading, & something I've never run across before.

But it's a nice story...

Date: June 30, 2017 02:40AM

KFCA
But Ann Wigmore's "cure story" is pure B.S. as far as I can determine.

As is my wont, I spent a lot of time researching it. The Middleboro, Mass. public library, where Ann lived with her family from circa 1923 until circa 1930 (approximately when she married Mr. Wigmore) has an unusual on-line breakdown of accidents of any type occurring to Middleboro residents by alphabetical name during the decades in the early 20th Century through the 1940ties, and nobody named Ann Warapicki or Warapicky, the family name in Middleborro, is on that list.

Her young sister & a female cousin, who fell off a horse & buggy driven by an uncle in 1922, are on it (the sister was only bruised, but the cousin was taken to the local hospital for x-rays); her family's horse is even on it when he broke away while being tied up in front of a downtown Middleboro store & collided with an automobile, in 1926 if I remember correctly; and her father's accident in 1930 when he was driving a bakery delivery truck & it somehow overturned & fell on top of him (which sounds suspiciously like Ann's alleged accident where she claimed she was driving a horse & buggy bakery delivery wagon, which fell on top of her & damaged her legs) is also listed. But no Ann, where she claims she spent weeks in the Middeboro hospital, turns up.

I can direct you to Middleboro's historical accident data if you wish. It's quite interesting reading, & something I've never run across before.

But it's a nice story...

As usual, very very interesting.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 04, 2017 04:33PM

Most people are not aware of the following.

The kidneys have the highest demand of ATP per tissue gram of any other part of the body. They have the highest use of energy per gram, even muscle when running, much more than the brain, and much more than the heart or the liver.

That means that their respiration (oxidate food) is the highest and it goes on 24/7 for the rest of the life. That means that kidneys surpass even the heart in terms of its health condition importance in the long term. Anything that puts them at risk long term is bad. Their mitochondria are at full blown operation all the time, way more than anything else in the body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2017 04:37PM by Panchito.

Date: July 06, 2017 02:08AM

So what should we do or not do for optimal health of the kidneys?

Date: July 06, 2017 04:23PM

RawPracticalist
So what should we do or not do for optimal health of the kidneys?

I don't know. Some organs have a preference for one type of food. It is best to cover all (carbs, fats, protein) and let each organ pick what it wants. THew work of the kidneys is called "transport work." There are three types:

mechanical work (muscle)
transport work (ionic, eletrolites)
biochemical work (enzimes creations, etc)

The brain is also 100% transport work and likes carbs and fat. It is weird that the mind works by transporting ions. People die by this cause also. Once the cell is unable to transport, Ca and Na enters the cell and water also enters causing swelling and it breaks (death). ATP is what is used to maintain the balance by transporting and food is where ATP come from.

Date: July 07, 2017 02:27AM

Based on the National Kidney Foundation’s (NKF) estimation, there are approximately 26 million Americans with chronic kidney disease (CKD), and millions more are at risk (About Chronic Kidney Disease, 2013). To put this in perspective, this is just slightly higher than the 25.8 million Americans with diabetes (Diabetes Statistics, 2013). If you know someone with diabetes, then you probably know someone with CKD.

Causes of CKD
High blood pressure (hypertension) and diabetes are the most common causes of kidney disease. The high blood pressure causes just over a quarter of all cases of kidney failure. Diabetes has been established as the cause of around one-third of all cases and is the commonest cause of ESRD in most developed countries.
[www.worldkidneyday.org]

It seems like they do not know what the causes of CKD are? High blood pressure? What is the cause of high blood pressure?

Date: July 07, 2017 06:58PM

If disease "A" causes disease "B" then they should not say that people suffer from disease "B." The truth is that they suffer from disease "A"

1 If it is a type II diabetes then it is a lifestyle/diet disease. It is an environmental disease not a genetic disease.

2 Their identity is killing them but they prefer to do mind tricks instead of facing the problem.

3 Instead of changing their identity (lifestyle) they prefer to lock on the definition of disease "B." Disease "B" is the problem not their identity, so they prefer to say.

4 Conclusion: a lifestyle a disease. Lifestyle medicine is medicine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2017 07:01PM by Panchito.

Date: July 16, 2017 12:12AM

Re: The Wigmore Story

I just ran across my copy of the 2/14/1930 Middleboro newspaper account of the bakery truck accident that actually happened to Ann's father, & noticed how similar even the reporting words there were to Ann's version of her (alleged) accident story of the horse & buggy bakery delivery story was, as told in her book "Why Suffer?."

"Anthony Warapicki, Oak Street, operating a bakery truck..., came over this glare space [ice---it was February] and Warapicki did just the wrong thing. He applied his brakes and as he did the large truck slid off the road and tipped over the embankment, pinning Warapicki inside the truck."

The reportage goes on to say that an oncoming bus & passengers managed to get Mr. Warapicki out of the truck, and that "he was somewhat puzzled but uninjured", and that Chief of Police Sisson investigated.

In Ann's version of a strikingly similar story (NONE of which was reported in the local newspaper of the day of course), while doing bakery delivery for her father's store via horse & buggy, her "Dobbin" was spooked by "a roaring motor truck", the horse took off, leaped a side ditch, the vehicle went over an embankment, and "I was pinned under the upset bed". And she ended up unconscious.

She then goes on to tell of her after time in the Middleboro hospital where gangrene set in, the doctors wanted to amputate her lower legs, she refused, was taken home where she ate grass, a little white dog came from out of nowhere & licked her legs, & she got all better. Do people actually believe this stuff?

Date: July 16, 2017 02:44AM

Good posts KFCA. Interesting as always.

One thing l did test was Dr Ann's idea that cats will naturally want to drink wheatgrass juice over other juices because it is the superior food. When l put wheatgrass juice for my cats NONE of them wanted to go near it.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: July 16, 2017 03:26AM

Animals will naturally look for and eat the grass when they are not well.

If your cats are already healthy they would not want wheatgrass.

For them it is a medicine not food.

Here are some cats and dogs eating wheatgrass

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 18, 2017 06:04PM

Sproutarian:

One thing l did test was Dr Ann's idea that cats will naturally want to drink wheatgrass juice over other juices because it is the superior food. When l put wheatgrass juice for my cats NONE of them wanted to go near it.

Raw Practicalist:
Animals will naturally look for and eat the grass when they are not well.

Tai:
Once, all 5 of my cats got sick, which is a very rare occurence. (They were born feral in my yard by a wild mother, by the way. I didn't adopt them.) I made grass juice for them and put in an herbal formula for congestion and sore throat. Animals can take herbs like humans, but the dosage should be adjusted for their weight.
I took a dropper bottle and squirted the juice with liquid herbs into their mouths, making sure they swallowed. They all had a bad infection with obviously sore throats. The herbal infused grass juice caused them to foam a little at the mouth and they all got better quickly. I gave them juice throughout the day. They didn't like it but got an immediate reaction.

My cats would chew grass almost daily, so there was no question that juicing that same grass would be good for them. But I doubt they would have willingly drank it. However...some cats really mimic their owners. Out of 5 cats, two of my cats want to try what I eat. I recently bought a 15 lb box of heirloom tomatoes. I was eating them one by one and my one cat was staring at me the whole time and decided he wanted some. He ate the tomatoes with relish. They were good. THree cats eat avocado, with two being able to eat a lot for a cat. Two cats love durian. Two cats like all my favorite fruit, white peaches, melons, mulberries, etc. One cat is a hardcore carnivore. One cat loves coconut. One of the two fruit-eating cats is such an omnivore, he would prefer a good lentil soup over cat food, however, he is our best mouser, except he won't eat the mice. Long story short, Ann Wigmore probably had really awesome pets that imitated her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2017 06:14PM by Tai.

Date: July 18, 2017 06:39PM

KFCA wrote:
Do people actually believe this stuff?

Tai:
Why shouldn't I give her the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong?
I know a well known raw vegan who once experienced a miracle that he has not shared publicly. He was involved in a serious accident that left him maimed and the doctors said he wouldn't walk again. This happened when he was a teen. He would have open eyed visions daily of a vegetarian society where animals and humans would live peacefully together. He was a meat eater at the time, so he didn't understand the visions, but he had a strong prayer-life and in fact, before the accident, he had a vision and message to stop his vehicle or he would get injured. He ignored the voice and got into the accident. He had many experiences with god before that happened. God was a total reality to him, not just a vague belief with doubt. He ignored God warning him and got injured and prayed for forgiveness and said he wouldn't ignore God again. Then after the doctors told him that he wouldn't walk again, one day, this energy came and healed his leg, just like that in one day. He never told this story because of the ridicule he would get. Most people are atheists these days. Telling the story would ruin his credibility. I hope he tells it publicly one day, though.

So, who knows what happened with Ann Wigmore. SHe was a woman of strong faith. I am sure there are parts that she left out and maybe some errors. (What if she prayed and what if a higher power intervened, as well, but she didn't want to admit it?) But something gave her a tremendous conviction and it would make sense that a childhood experience of helping her grandma with living plants and herbs turned into an adolescent experiment which later turned into an adult rediscovery.

I had a story once...I had an infection in my mouth, either of the gum or tooth, not sure. I went to a holistic dentist who prescribed antibiotics. I had just started acupuncture school, so I wanted herbs not drugs. The herbs at my school didn't work. The infection ballooned out overnight and was serious. I went on a juice fast. After 5 days, there wasn't much change. It was very acute. I couldn't chew anything if I wanted to. My throat was swollen too badly. After 5 days on a watermelon juice fast, suddenly my mind became clear. I had a conviction in my heart. I had a mental clarity. I felt like the sickness was there to help me take care of myself better and that I "learned" my lesson and now it could leave. Suddenly, I commanded the infection to leave my body. In my mind, I said forcefully, "Get thee hence!" (My study of shakespeare coming through? A bible verse coming through? I can't say exactly.) Every time I commanded it "Get thee hence", I felt a drainage from my mouth. I assume it was my lymphatic system. It was a peculiar drainage feeling. After doing that a couple of hours, I made myself a juice...garlic, onion, horseradish, habanero, ginger and carrot. After 4-8 ounces of that in 24 hours, the infections was totally gone.
When I tell the story, I completely leave the part out about the "positive affirmations" and just say how making an antibiotic juice cured it. But it's not exactly true, right? But it's too long to tell the whole story.

Ann Wigmore was a special woman and didn't she go to bible school or something like that? There's more to the story, but I definitely give her the benefit of the doubt.

Date: July 19, 2017 10:59PM

Well if I knew a "well-known vegetarian" that told me that story I guess I'd check on details (a serious accident usually makes the local newspapers) to see if he/she has been smoking something or this "miracle" actually happened. I don't like to be conned. It seems that you don't care one way or other as long as the "sound-bite" is good.

Date: July 22, 2017 06:58PM

KFCA
Well if I knew a "well-known vegetarian" that told me that story I guess I'd check on details (a serious accident usually makes the local newspapers) to see if he/she has been smoking something or this "miracle" actually happened. I don't like to be conned. It seems that you don't care one way or other as long as the "sound-bite" is good.

Tai:
KFCA, you did some good investigative work and I should first compliment you on a job well done. Still, that is just a basis to start asking questions to any remaining family as to why her accident didn't make it in the paper. Your evidence is not enough to convict her of lying. Wasn't her father rather abusive? What if he deliberately hid her accident from the news. There are so many what ifs here.

A quick google shows that people have since used wheatgrass to help heal gangrene, so her use was not a one-time event. I doubt anyone in their right mind would ever try to use only wheatgrass for gangrene, but she wasn't advocating that anyway. THe herbalist JOhn Christopher had success using herbs for gangrene sans wheatgrass.

Regarding my friend who had an accident in his teens, I have no desire to look up his accident. The real test is not how bad the police report was (as if he is going to lie about his vehicle getting destroyed), but simply the diagnosis of x-rays, imaging, etc. Did the doctor actually write in his chart that the prognosis was poor for walking? Well, if he ever wanted to prove this miracle, then he would show that chart. But the fact is, he started to experience the supernatural since age 3 and had several miracles happen to him that never made the newspaper because they weren't reportable accidents. He wasn't trying to con me about anything and convince me of his faith. He was simply sharing his journey of faith. That is all. It was a sharing, not a con job. THere is a good reason I shared his story. IT's because sometimes there is a story behind a story. ANd whether you believe in the supernatural, it doesn't matter, because science has determined that the placebo and nacebo effect are both true.
So, all I am saying is that since Ann Wigmore was a woman of a kind of CHristian faith, then you can't discount her strong mind in her healing, assuming she was telling the truth about her accident.

Wim Hof is being tested by doctors to show the potential of the mind-body connection and how much the mind can control the body.

KFCA, in a moment of illness, I hope you "err" on the placebo and not the nacebo side. THe placebo is no con.

Date: July 23, 2017 12:20AM

I don't think Wigmore's father had the "power" to hide her rather serious accident from the newspaper---that's IF it had actually occurred of course--- Why would/could he do that? I don't know whether he was" abusive". I do have several news clippings where he & her mother were in trouble with the law in Middleboro during Ann's growing up years there.

During Prohibition (circa 1920-1930) Mr. Warapicky was involved in running liquor from New Bedford, MA to Middleboro (likely using the bakery wagon or truck as cover), and an active "still" was found in their long-term residence on Oak Street in that Massachusetts city. On the same day of Ann's sister's birth (that would be the same "Helen" who fell off the horse-drawn wagon at age 3), her mother's attorney had to appear in court without her, where she was convicted of selling cigarettes to children from some kind of store she ran in Middleboro, & was heavily fined & warned by the Judge that "any next time" would be more serious. And there were more newspaper stories. If he were able to keep Ann's (alleged) criminally innocent accident & hospitalization out of the town paper (again, Why?), he did a rather poor job on his & his wife's own non-law-abiding activities.

Ann just talks about her father in "Why Suffer" like he was just a wealthy business owner (bakery) in Middleboro, who worked her to death & really wanted to have her lower legs cut off.

In the end, the Warapickeys (mother, father, daughter Helen & son Michael (who came over to Ellis Island on the same boat as Ann, was age 15, or about 2 years older than Ann, but who Ann strangely never mentions existing) moved to New Bedford in the early 1930ties & lived there for decades. (Her father died in Connecticut at the same age as Ann coincidentally; don't know about the mother) During this move period, Ann married Mr. Wigmore on Christmas night at his parents' home in 1930. Newspaper coverage doesn't mention her family members being in attendance, while his does.

So, bottom line, you have absolutely no evidence that your friend's story was even marginally true. And some things you believe because you read it on Google... Like I said, you seem to like Good Sound Bites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2017 12:21AM by KFCA.

Date: July 24, 2017 10:55PM

KFCA, you ask why her dad would hide her accident. Maybe because ann wigmore was not supposed to be driving that carriage, if it was his job. Maybe he lied to her and said he owned the bakery and she believed him. Maybe he posed as the driver that day for his published accident when it was her and he said he wasn't injured meanwhile she was out of sight with crushed legs.

Date: July 25, 2017 04:57AM

And, gee, maybe the horse & wagon Wigmore said she was driving when she went over the embankment & broke her legs (see "Why Suffer" by Ann Wigmore) magically morphed into a motorized truck when it came down the other end. Wow, now THAT would be a miracle!!

Date: July 25, 2017 06:00AM

Ok i didn't get all those details.
Thanks for clarifying.

It's still only fair to try to talk to any living family and hear their side before making such negative accusations.

I do appreciate your interesting fact finding, i would appreciate it more if there was something else to support your theory besides newpspaper articles or lack thereof.

Date: August 02, 2017 11:06PM

Sorry Tai, don't know if there's even anybody much left from Ann Wigmore's family who would know her younger history to chat with. I just reported on her alleged serious accident that SHOULD have existed somewhere in Middleboro's historical records and does not appear anywhere I've looked.

What I did find from Middleboro's city directories, her father's draft WWI draft registration from 1917, and the 1920 census, that he was employed in a shoe manufacturing company, as were many local immigrants, from 1917 through 1926, and he only shows up as a "baker" as an occupation in the 1927 Middleboro City Directory, and then as a "bakery driver" in the 1930 U.S. Census. No where is there the slightest indication I could find that he either owned, managed, or even was an employee of any Middleboro or other nearby city bakery prior to 1927.

Since Ann Wigmore, in "Why Suffer? How I Overcame Illness & Pain Naturally" clearly states that her father almost immediately put her to work in "his" Middleboro bakery upon her arrival from Lithuania in December of 1922 when she, her uncle and her brother, Michael, arrived in NY City through Ellis Island, I can't reconcile her alleged years of toil in "the bakery" with those facts. I found it interesting also that Ann, in no place, ever mentioned her family/maiden name---perhaps so her back story couldn't easily be traced? It was just a stroke of luck that I managed to find her passage over to the United States on the ship "USS America" & discovered who she actually was.

Like I pretty much earlier intimated, neither her "accident/hospital stay/miracle recovery" nor her "wealthy father's bakery ownership" stories hold up very well for me. Others would disagree, but don't know on what grounds.

Date: August 05, 2017 11:37PM

KFCA:
don't know if there's even anybody much left from Ann Wigmore's family who would know her younger history to chat with

Tai:
Kulvinskas is still alive. He might know something or know someone who would know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables