Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Worlds Oldest Dies - 3 Eggs a Day (2 raw)...
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 15, 2017 09:58PM

At least she ate 2 of them raw!?!

[www.foxnews.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Worlds Oldest Dies - 3 Eggs a Day (2 raw)...
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 17, 2017 11:38AM

She could have probably lived longer without the eggs.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 18, 2017 01:15AM

This current oldest lady avoids chicken and pork and worked hard in the sugar cane fields.

[www.yahoo.com]

DUANVALE, Jamaica (AP) — Violet Brown spent much of her life cutting sugarcane in the fields around her home in western Jamaica. She attended church regularly, avoids pork and chicken and celebrated her 117th birthday last month.

On Saturday, she is believed to have become the world's oldest living person following the death of Emma Morano of Italy, born Nov. 29, 1899.

Brown told The Associated Press she is surprised but grateful to have lived this long.

"This is what God has given me, so I have to take it — long life," Brown said in an interview in her home in the town of Duanvale.

Brown is considered to be the oldest person in the world with credible birth documentation, according to Robert Young, director of the supercentenarian research and database division at Gerontology Research Group, a network of volunteer researchers into the world's oldest people. Its website says she was born on March 10, 1900.

Brown has not yet been declared the world's oldest by Guinness World Records, considered to be the official arbiter of the oldest person title but Guinness depends heavily on Young's group. Young said he has met Brown and examined her birth certificate, which was issued by the British authorities who governed Jamaica at the time of her birth.

"She's the oldest person that we have sufficient documentation for at this time," Young said.

Jamaica's prime minister congratulated Brown on Twitter.

Guinness said it was researching a number of candidates for the new world's oldest person title.

"It can be a uniquely complex and sometimes lengthy process," Guinness spokeswoman Elizabeth Montoya said. "There is no confirmation of a new title holder until our thorough processes are complete."

Brown has two caregivers and spends most of the day resting in the home she shares with her 97-year-old son. She is able to sit up by herself and walk short distances. And while she is hard of hearing, she offered swift, complete responses to questions about her life and family.

The secret to long life is hard work, she said.

"I was a cane farmer. I would do every work myself," she said. "I worked, me and my husband, over that hill."

She also credited her Christian faith for her long life.

"I've done nearly everything at the church," she said. "I spent all my time in the church. I like to sing. I spent all my time in the church from a child to right up," to today, she said.

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: April 18, 2017 12:03PM

They're always really vague in these 'world's oldest person' stories about what they're actually eating. In the article for Emma Morano, it says she ate 3 eggs daily, and biscuits. But for how long? What else did she eat? I doubt she ate 3 eggs on a daily/regular basis her entire life.

Date: April 22, 2017 12:23AM

I'm not advocating animal protein mind you, just pointing out interesting health anomalies...

When The Telegraph called she was eating an early lunch of semolina with a boiled egg. She also eats two raw eggs a day, ever since a doctor advised her that it would be good for her health when she was diagnosed with anemia at the age of 20. She has maintained the regime ever since.

Another secret to her longevity, she says, is regularly eating small quantities of minced meat, and having only milk for supper. “Considering her age she is in pretty good health,” said Mrs Santoni. “She does find walking very tiring, though, and she has a nap during the day.”

Date: April 22, 2017 12:28AM

Violet Brown:

The new oldest person in the world eats what she wants — but no pork and chicken. And the Jamaica-born 117-year-old abstains from what she called “rum and dem tings.”

Known affectionately as "Aunt V," Brown told the Jamaica Observer that she "likes fish and mutton and sometimes she will have cow foot." She also likes locally grown produce such as sweet potatoes, breadfruit, oranges and mangoes.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: April 22, 2017 09:22PM

Aside from having good genes, one of the other attributing factors to living a long life is moderate minimalist eating. These people only eat enough to satisfy themselves, not to get full. Because they eat high calorie foods they don't need to overeat and stuff themselves.

If they hadn't eaten the eggs or whatever but eaten healthy foods like 3 bananas they wouldn't have been satisfied and would have kept on eating and eating and they would have died early.

We have many people eating healthy raw diets but they don't seem to live to 100+, and when you listen to most of current raw foodists they say they tend to overeat. It will be interesting to see how someone like Doug Graham goes when he starts getting on, and if he'll still be eating a dozen bananas for lunch.

Whenever someone here posts about a long lived person and what they eat, someone pops up and says '' they probably would have lived longer if they hadn't eaten that but eaten so and so '', yet the people who are eating healthy so and so don't even live anywhere near as long.

Date: April 22, 2017 10:37PM

The record should be given to the oldest HEALTHY living person.

Some of these people are so frail and unhealthy.

If that is the prize at the end I do not want it.

"I am still breathing but waiting to die" oldest living record.

The basic human faculties should be functioning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 10:38PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 22, 2017 11:48PM

RawPracticalist
The record should be given to the oldest HEALTHY living person.

Some of these people are so frail and unhealthy.

If that is the prize at the end I do not want it.

"I am still breathing but waiting to die" oldest living record.

The basic human faculties should be functioning.

Right on!

Date: April 23, 2017 03:42AM

sorry Nunativs if this bursts your bubble.... cool smiley

[www.outsideonline.com]

[www.youtube.com]

In several interviews since setting his record, Marchand has attributed a lot of his success to his diet, which primarily consists of yogurt, plenty of fruits and vegetables, bread, and half-a-glass of red wine a day. "I've done sport all my life, eaten loads of fruit and vegetables, not too much coffee," he told Bicycling earlier this year.

According to Le Point, Marchand has never eaten much meat for ethical reasons, but, at the request of his doctors, he did being eating meat more regularly during training to build muscle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2017 03:43AM by fresh.

Date: April 24, 2017 02:09AM

Fresh, I have no bubble to burst. Health and Longevity are my hobby, I don't take it too serious.

Then again, in my opinion, you can't make it to 100+ UNLESS you are healthy. Sure the break down near the end of Life is not always pretty.

But, like a tree, if you are not robust and strong enough to withstand the yearly storms, you will not make it year after year and will be taken out.

These people obviously had a certain vigor and robustness to ENDURE. A tree will muster all it's might to throw up one last branch if it can before succumbing to Earth as well...

(I find it kind of weird that Marchand yielded to eating meat if he abstained all his Life for ethical reasons).

Date: April 24, 2017 05:05AM

NuNativs
Fresh, I have no bubble to burst. Health and Longevity are my hobby, I don't take it too serious.

Then again, in my opinion, you can't make it to 100+ UNLESS you are healthy. Sure the break down near the end of Life is not always pretty.

But, like a tree, if you are not robust and strong enough to withstand the yearly storms, you will not make it year after year and will be taken out.

These people obviously had a certain vigor and robustness to ENDURE. A tree will muster all it's might to throw up one last branch if it can before succumbing to Earth as well...

(I find it kind of weird that Marchand yielded to eating meat if he abstained all his Life for ethical reasons).

- I think you can make it to 100 and be unhealthy.
- yes, well, the persuasive power of the almighty doctor is difficult for some to resist.

used our clam screen room the other day. very cool.
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 02, 2017 03:25PM

Hi guys, we can't point to one lifestyle practice and say, see, this leads to long life. Obviously smoking doesn't, but some people can live long despite it, while others succumb to it!.

[www.yahoo.com]

A man who claimed to be the world’s oldest person has died at the age of 146, it is claimed.

Mbah Gotho, from Indonesia, was said to have documentation that showed he was born in 1870.

A lifelong heavy smoker, Sodimedjo - as he was also known - was taken to hospital last month for an undisclosed health complaint.

Date: May 06, 2017 09:34AM

To me it is about the blessings one brings to this life time. Some people have better health and fortune than others - some people abuse their bodies but appear quite healthy while others eat well and still have poor health and die young. Why is this? Is this really an accident? Maybe we do accumulate or lose blessings from previous lives, it would make sense. It certainly wouldn't be fair if we were only born once yet some people have tough lives and others have easy lives. It's certainly not all about food and the junk we consume,and it's not all about exercise and a healthy lifestyle. Indeed these long lived people clearly have blessings to be able to live so well.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: May 06, 2017 07:35PM

The few oldest people we are talking about (110+ years) are outliers.
And they do not look healthy at all so it is not something to wish upon oneself

I would like to think that my state of health is dependent upon what I do, not some unforeseen forces I have no control over. And it is the case for most. It is what eat, drink, and think. The few outliers who live past 110 do not count in the analysis. There are not enough of them to perform a good statistical study.

We should not forget the epidemics of the past, Smallpox and others that have killed millions for thousands of years. It was only with the advances in hygiene and nutrition that these conditions were corrected. Now we have many living healthy past 80 when the life expectancy was in the 40 in the 1700 and 1800.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: May 08, 2017 02:07AM

I don't think it's fair to comment on how these long lived people look or their state of health when they are at the end of their long lives. For all we know, they may ( or may not ) have been healthy, active and mobile well into their 70's, 80's and even well into their 90's before they became frail.

Better to be well and healthy into your 70's, 80's and early 90's than be sick and die early. Just because they don't follow this boards dogma doesn't mean we have to disparage them and not try and learn something from their long lives.

Date: May 09, 2017 12:27AM

Here's another anomaly:
Secret to Longevity....

At an estimated 105 years of age – Afghanistan does not have standardized birth records in some rural areas – he has the mental and physical aptitude of men half his age.

Waving his cane around animatedly, he also attributes his long life and ability to work full time to spending all his years in the high altitudes, sleeping just three to five hours a night, and carving out time for his favorite pastime, which is hunting deer.

His No. 1 longevity secret? He eats butter by the spoonful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables