Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The magic effect of lotus
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: May 21, 2017 09:14AM

Sen is a tree species very familiar to the Vietnamese, the lotus is not only beautiful, fragrant but other parts of the lotus from seeds, leaves to roots ... have a very good healing effect.
Lotus leaf

The lotus wings often have a lot of wings, whether they are white lotus or pink lotus, which are used to soak in the tubs (Spa therapy) are very effective in spiritual relaxation, remove dead skin cells in the body, reproduce Skin help fresh skin. Especially, the oil extracted from the lotus flower is also used to nourish the skin and massage the blood circulation.

The magic effect of lotus - 1

The lotus oil extracted from the white lotus petals is used to nourish the skin very well. Illustration.

In addition, the porridge is cooked from dried rice and lotus petals chopped chopped, dried also has the effect of whitening skin, pink skin, black hair, delayed aging process, cure anemia. Each session lasts 10-15 days.

Lotus seeds

The lotus seeds contain many antioxidants, preventing the harmful effects of free radicals in the body. Particularly, lotus seeds also have the effect of healing, restoring protein in the injured body, helping to keep the skin young. According to oriental medicine, lotus seeds have sweetness, chirality, calmness, tranquilizer effect, renal benefits, supplements, pregnant.

Miracle effect of lotus plant - 2

Lot lotus contains a lot of important vitamins and minerals. Illustration.

According to studies, in 100g fresh lotus seeds have 9.5g of protit, 30g of gluit, providing the body with 162 calories. In addition, there are also vitamins B1, B2, PP, C, carotene ... In 100g dry lotus seeds contain 20g of protit, 2.4g of lipid, 58g of gluxit, providing 342 calories and some important minerals such as calcium , Phosphorus and iron.

The use of lotus seeds is also very simple, can be eaten raw with fresh lotus seeds or cooked porridge, cooked tea, jam, lotus stew with some other medicine, food.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The magic effect of lotus
Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: May 22, 2017 02:16AM

I have eaten a lot of seeds raw. They taste great. We also used the leaves to eat in (as plates) at Indian weddings. Not that there weren't plates. It's just a tradition. I had a lot of lotus plants in the ditches around my yard but eventually I got rid of them because they are very invasive and spread rapidly in water. This is over 20 years ago btw.

Date: May 22, 2017 12:46PM

People here in VietNam do not sêe thís plant ás a problem in anyway.
It í a loved plant by mót people herere nutrients ect
and the buddhist very much love the Lotus

Lotus Flowers
The Lotus is a sacred flower for Hindus and Buddhists. It is symbolically equal to the Buddha for Buddhists.

lotus The Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) symbolizes purity, beauty, majesty, grace, fertility, wealth, richness, knowledge and serenity. The Pink Lotus is the National Flower of India. Nelumbo nucifera is known by a number of common names, including Sacred lotus, Indian lotus and Sacred water-lily.

Kingdom
Plantae
Division
Magnoliophyta
Class
Magnoliopsida
Order
Proteales
Family
Nelumbonaceae
Genus
Nelumbo

Lotuses are found in white and pink colors in general and they grow in shallow and murky waters. Lotus flowers enjoy warm sunlight and are intolerant to cold weather. This is why the Lotus is not seen blossoming in the winter. The floating leaves and Lotus flowers have long stems, which contain air spaces to maintain the buoyancy. The Lotus is native to Asia and flourishes in a wide range of climates from India to China.

The Lotus plant is an aquatic perennial, native to southern Asia and Australia and most commonly cultivated in water gardens. The plant has its roots firmly in the mud and sends out long stems to which their leaves are attached. The leaves are sometimes, and Lotus flowers always, raised above the water surface. The beautiful and fragrant Lotus flower opens in the morning and petals fall in the afternoon.

lotus1 lotus3
Facts about Lotus Flowers

The Lotus is a sacred flower for Buddhists.
The Lotus flower is quoted extensively in Puranic and Vedic literature.
The Lotus is one of the eight auspicious signs of Buddhism - an eight petalled lotus used in Buddhist mandalas symbolizes cosmic harmony, a thousand petalled Lotus, spiritual illumination. A bud symbolizes potential. The well-known Buddhist mantra, "Om mane padme," refers to the jewel in the lotus, enlightenment.
In Egyptian mythology, the Lotus is associated with the sun, because it bloomed by day and closed by night. The Lotus is even believed to have given birth to the sun.
The roots of the Lotus are planted in the soil of the pond or river bottom, while the leaves float on top of the water surface. The Lotus flowers are usually found on thick stems rising several centimeters above the water.
The Lotus flowers, seeds, young leaves and rhizomes are all edible. In Asia, the petals are sometimes used for garnish, while the large leaves are used as a wrap for food.
Various parts of the sacred Lotus are also used in traditional Asian herbal medicine.
The Lotus fruits are a conical pod with seeds contained in holes in the pod. Nucifera means having hard fruit. When the seeds are ripe, they become loose in the pod. The pod then tips down towards the water, releasing the seeds.
When the Lotus flower's petals fall, they are replaced by a flat-topped seed pod divided into compartments, resembling a wasp's hive. The tender seeds are munched happily in north-east India.
The Lotus stem is eaten almost in all parts of India, and pickled too.
Nelumbium luteum is the American Lotus, with pale, small flowers.
The Indian or Chinese Lotus, nelumbium nelumbo, usually has pink flowers although white, rose and double varieties are available.

Growing a Lotus

Place the seeds into a glass of non-chlorinated, warm water.
The seeds that float should be thrown away since they are probably not fertile and will only cloud up the water. Change the water every day while you are waiting for them to sprout.
Once you see the Lotus roots emerge, pot them in 4-inch pots filled with good garden loam; a depression should be made and one seed should be set in each pot. Cover the root gently with soil or gravel.
If you waited too long and the Lotus leaves started to grow, keep them free of soil as you cover the root.
The seed should be set in warm water up to 2 inches deep; no more than that.
Give the Lotus as much light as possible until the water in your garden warms up to at least 60 degrees F.
At this time, plant your Lotuses in larger containers without drainage holes.
Lotuses started from seeds will probably not bloom in the first year.

Lotus Plant Care

The Lotus plant should be fertilized sparingly for the first year.
Too much fertilizer may cause the Lotus foliage to burn.
A Lotus plant that is established can be fed every 3 or 4 weeks during the growing season.
Care must be taken when inserting fertilizer tabs, because the growing tip and new growth can be damaged.
It is important to protect the Lotus roots from freezing.
Lotus can winter over in the pond if the pond depth is below the freeze line for your area.
In late fall, the yellowed foliage should be cut off and the plant lowered to the deepest part of the pond.
Or you may lift the tubers after the plant has died back during the fall.
If you lift the tubers, store them in a cool, frost-free location until late spring.
To help prevent mildew and rotting, store them in living sphagnum moss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2017 12:47PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 11:52PM

I didn't notice anything magical about them in the two decades I had them. They are beautiful plants, for sure, and they have very beautiful flowers and the seeds taste great but magical I did not see.

Date: May 24, 2017 12:35PM

Anon look with an open mind at what Dr haider has said here
then tell me you still dont see.
If you live in a neg world you will alwasys be blind.
Somtimes we only see what we want to see and put blinders on!

But maybe Dr Paul Haider is one of those fake news people????
Try to see what is said by this man then dispute please.

Maybe no magic Anon but but if you still have faith in science.
you might buy into this.
I will post more for you on the lotus but check this out first.

why so neg to facts of science???
My Vietmanese friend said dont respond to you , she says you are crazy, I dont think so, just got the blinders on friend!

“30 Health Benefits of Lotus Leaves and Flowers”

Posted on April 16, 2014by Dr. Paul Haider

The lotus plant has been around for thousands of years and has many great health benefits.

Lotus Flower

History – In fact when Buddha a child there were ponds of different colored lotus flowers outside his window with pink, white, and blue flowers symbolizing the three different types of people.

In Egypt lotus flowers represent rebirth in the afterlife.

And in India the flower petals represent the elements of the earth.

Where They Grow – Lotus plants grow in ponds in Asia anchored in the mud… rising to the top bringing forth beautiful white, pink, and blue flowers.

Lower Cholesterol – Making a tea of lotus flowers and leaves is great for lowering cholesterol. It blocks the absorption of fats and thus helps lower cholesterol and trigs.

Diabetes – The leaves lowers blood sugar levels thus helping those suffering from diabetes.

Fatty Liver – Tea made from the leaves also helps heal fatty liver disease.

Detoxing – Lotus leaf tea is great for detoxing the blood and thus helping to lower your risk of disease.

Stress – Lotus flower tea is relaxing, soothing, sedative, and helps with anxiety… and bringing about a peaceful feeling.

GI Tract – Lotus flower tea helps with diarrhea, gas, and cramps… and soothes away inflammation.

Acid Reflux – Lotus flower tea helps with acid reflux, lowering stomach acid, and soothes away gastric ulcers.

Lower Blood Pressure – Lotus leaf tea is also a good vasodilator helping to lower blood pressure.

Fertility – Men who suffer from premature ejaculation find that lotus tea helps with their condition. And women who have heavy periods find that lotus tea reduces blood flow.

Heat – In Traditional Chinese Medicine lotus leaf tea is used for summer heat syndrome to get rid of heat rash and cool internal organs.

Skin – In Ayurvedic Medicine lotus flowers are ground into a paste and applied to the skin, moisturizes the skin, and creating youthful looking skin.

Vitamin C – Lotus flowers contain Vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant helping to keep away diseases such as cardiovascular disease, strokes, and even cancer.

B – Vitamins – Lotus flowers also contain B – Vitamins which are important for fertility, vitality, and mood.

Iron – Lotus flowers contain iron which is important for anemia.

Phosphorus – Also lotus flowers contain phosphorus which is important for strong bones.

Heart Health – Because lotus leaves are full of antioxidants they can increase blood flow to the heart and lower blood pressure.

Anti-inflammatory – Lotus leaf tea is a great anti-inflammatory helping with redness, swelling, and pain… associated with arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.

Weight Loss – Lotus leaves help to prevent carbs and fats from being absorbed, and boosts your metabolism thus you to lose weight. And lotus leaf contains L-Carotene which boosts metabolism.

Anti-fungal and Antibacterial – Studies show that rubbing lotus leaves on infected areas can kill ringworm fungus and works well for athletes foot. And lotus leaf tea is also antibacterial in action… killing invading bacteria naturally.

Linoleic Acid – And lotus flowers contain linoleic acid which is important for preventing heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, weight loss, and boosting your immune system.

Antioxidants – Lotus flowers contain powerful antioxidants such as nuciferine, lotusine, neferin and demethyl coclaurine which help to prevent cardiovascular disease, strokes, and cancer.

Healthy Liver – Lotus leaf tea helps to promote healthy liver function.

Melanin – The oil from lotus flowers helps the body produce more melanin to protect it from damaging suns rays… and also fights premature gray hair.

Astringent – Lotus leaf tea is very astringent and has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to stop internal bleeding… and has been used for treating bloody urine.

Mucus – Lotus leaf tea helps expel mucus, making it great for colds, coughs, and other respiratory and sinus problems.

Making Tea – Take 2 Teaspoons of dried flowers and add them to a 1/2 liter of very hot water and let steep for 5 or 6 minutes. Lotus flower tea has a nice sweet aroma.

If you have fresh lotus leaves cut a 4×4 inch piece and steep it in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes.

For dried leaves use 2 teaspoons in a 1/2 liter of hot water and let steep for 5 minutes.

In capsule form most recommend taking from up to 6 grams per day.

Used in – Lotus flowers have a beautiful fragrance, and because of that they are used in cooking of rice and other Asian dishes.

Finding – If you google “Buy Lotus Leaf ” or “Buy Lotus Flower Tea” you will find lots of places that sell this product… or ask for it at your local health food store.

Lotus leaves and flowers are important to keep on hand at all times – Enjoy!

For you Anon I say Nam Mo A Di Da and the rest of us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 12:40PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: June 01, 2017 03:41AM

When i was arrested in China for defending Falun Dafa, the Chinese police stole a beautiful painting scroll of lotus flowers i had just bought from a poor artist. It was painted in gold leaf and was so exquisite. The police said it was "too suspicious." In other words, they confiscated anything of mine they thought was subversive .

That just shows the level of spirituality and "magic" that lotuses are sometimes given in asia. Maybe he thought it was suspicious or maybe he just wanted my painting.

Lotuses are beautiful in bloom.
The whole plant is used medicinally in Chinese medicine.

Date: June 04, 2017 07:32PM

"magic" is a good description about the lotus flower. Why? Because when we do a demonstration of the Falun Dafa exercises and meditation at local stalls there are usually crowds of people lined up to get the lotus flowers and hear about the story behind the lotus flower.

One thing l can say, the lotus flower is very powerful,it draws people in like little else. I never cease to be amazed at it's power to draw people in.

As one wise man said "when you see the lotus flower you know you are home".

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: brome ()
Date: June 11, 2017 01:53PM

They must be magical.

"The third oldest viable seed recorded is the carbon-14-dated 1,300-year-old sacred lotus (Nelumbo nucifera), recovered from a dry lakebed in northeastern China in 1995.[8][9]" Wikipedia

[www.google.com]

Date: June 12, 2017 12:22AM

Thís flower ís truely Magical, so many aspects to the lotus,
8oo names h? in VietNam ít held very sacred.

The lotus flower is not your average flower . it is a power flower!
Our Lives
Lotus — showing the way to enlightenment

We all know that the lotus flower is a symbol of Buddhism, but is that all there is to it?

The lotus flower is not your average flower — it is a power flower! It is bigger than life, bigger than you and me. But you too can grasp the essence of the lotus.

The lotus flower is revered in Japan for its ability to rise from the dirty, murky waters to bloom into a beautiful pure flower. This process symbolizes attaining enlightenment. The idea is that we can rise above human suffering in the same way as the lotus by moving from the lowest to the highest state of consciousness. If I ever do manage it, I only hope I’ll look as good.

Like all flowers, beauty is fleeting so even the lotus flower must die. This shows the endless cycle of life, death and rebirth. Unless of course you reach nirvana, in which the cycle ends as you reach a state sans suffering. Although the lotus flower is a symbol of enlightenment, I wonder if it ever reaches nirvana. I also wonder what kind of suffering the lotus bloom endures.

Kanrensetsu is lotus flower viewing which can be done in special lotus flower viewing boats in ponds or lakes, or by partaking in lotus viewing parties. In Okayama Prefecture where I live, Korakuen Park opens at 4 a.m. on the first Sunday of July for the annual lotus flower viewing. Paparazzi lotus photographers can come into the park before sunrise to catch the lotus pond come to life at the crack of day. So many flowers achieve enlightenment at the same time, it is said you can hear the blooms as they “crack” open.

There are at least two kinds of lotus flowers in the pond, the ittenshikai (which means “universe” lotus? whoa!) and the oga lotus. Don’t worry if you are not familiar with these names; there are over 800 different names of lotus flowers. If you don’t arrive early enough to catch the flowers as they attain enlightenment, you can still observe the already opened blossoms. You are even encouraged to have tea with them.

Lotus blossoms appear symbolically all over Japan too. The sacred mountain of Mount Koya, 800 meters above sea level, lies in a basin surrounded by eight peaks, giving it the appearance of a blooming lotus flower.

The Buddha and bodhisattvas are often pictured sitting on lotus flowers, which shows that some lotus flowers double as chairs. Very comfortable ones, I would imagine. This could be the key to sitting long periods of time in a meditative position. Forget the mats, bring in the real stuff! Other bodhisattvas are pictured merely holding the lotus flowers, so I guess we can extend our hands to them in friendship too.

The “lotus position,” by the way, is so called because you look like a lotus blossom when you sit that way. See? You’re closer to enlightenment than you thought. On the other hand, no one says what you look like if you can’t manage to sit in the lotus position.

You’ll also find the lotus symbol representing the womb of the world in the Womb World Mandala of Shingon Buddhism. I bet you didn’t know the world had a womb, did you? Leave it to the lotus, bigger than life.

One thing is for sure though: The lotus root gets down and dirty. In fact, the roots themselves can grow up to 1.2 meters long. Renkon, or “lotus root” (which is really the rhizome), is an integral part of Japanese cooking. As a seasonal food, it is eaten in the autumn and winter, and is served at New Year’s as an auspicious food.

The fact that renkon has holes in it makes it a very stylish vegetable on the plate. I put it up in the category of other cool things with holes in them such as doughnuts, Swiss cheese and ¥5 coins. Personally, I think the holes in renkon make them look like sliced wagon wheels. They’d make great vegetable go-carts. Edible ones. Is anyone else getting hungry? Try renkon raw in salads or fried as tempura.

You can also eat the leaves and the seeds of the lotus flower. The lotus fragrance is used in oils, lotions and soaps.

As if that isn’t enough, the bigger than life lotus even has the most famous sutra named after it. The Lotus Sutra is Buddha’s most notable teaching on “emptiness” as a necessary step to enlightenment. Perhaps that is why the lotus root has holes in it — to show its empty roots.

What is the lotus flower to the Japanese then? Whether the real thing or just a symbol, the lotus flower is an 800-named, edible, smellable, sittable, photographic, super power flower womb of the world showing the way to enlightenment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 12:27AM by riverhousebill.

Date: June 12, 2017 03:20AM

May I Live Like The Lotus
At Ease In Muddy Water

Date: June 12, 2017 04:42AM

Lotus Plant-Inspired Dust-Busting Shield to Protect Space Gear09.23.09 A plant that lives along muddy waterways in Asia has inspired a NASA team to develop a special coating to prevent dirt and even bacteria from sticking to and contaminating the surfaces of spaceflight gear.

The lotus plant has inspired materials engineers to create a coating that mimics the plant’s unusual self-cleaning capabilities. Goddard engineer Wanda Peters is investigating whether materials treated with these coatings could survive the harsh space environment. Credit: Flickr Creative Commons / Liangjinjian
Print-resolution copy
Researchers at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., are developing a transparent coating that prevents dirt from sticking in the same way a lotus plant sheds water — work begun through collaboration with Northrop Grumman Electronics Systems, Linthicum, Md., and nGimat Corporation, Atlanta, Ga. Although a lotus leaf appears smooth, under a microscope, its surface contains innumerable tiny spikes that greatly reduce the area on which water and dirt can attach.

"If you splash lotus leaves with water, it just beads up and rolls off, indicating they have a special hydrophobic or water-repelling ability," said Eve Wooldridge, the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) Project Contamination and Coatings Lead at Goddard. "This ability also prevents dust from adhering to the leaves."

This special quality is what the NASA team is attempting to replicate to prevent dirt from accumulating on the surfaces of spacesuits, scientific instruments, robotic rovers, solar array panels and other hardware used to gather scientific data or carry out exploratory activities on other objects in the solar system.

The trick is developing a coating that can withstand the harsh space environment.

Originally Developed to Reduce Window Cleaning

The coating was originally developed to reduce the need for window cleaning. Made from silica, zinc oxide, and other oxides, its potential uses on Earth are limitless. It could be applied to car windshields, camera lenses, and eyeglasses — almost anywhere a need exists to repel dirt. Understanding the potential, Northrop Grumman teamed with nGimat to find more applications for the coating technology. The pair ultimately turned to Goddard for its expertise in making equipment ready to endure the harsh space environment.

"Indeed, the ability to replicate these properties could prove invaluable to NASA," said Wanda Peters, Principal Investigator for NASA's lotus coating research and Lead of Goddard’s Coatings Engineering Group. During the Apollo moonwalks, for example, such a technology could have prevented the highly abrasive lunar dust from adhering to astronauts’ spacesuits:

Wanda Peters holds some material with the lotus coating on it. Credit: NASA
Print-resolution copy
"I think one of the most aggravating, restricting facets of lunar surface exploration is the dust and its adherence to everything no matter what kind of material, whether it be skin, suit material, metal, no matter what it be and its restrictive, friction-like action to everything it gets on," said Apollo 17 Commander Eugene Cernan during the Apollo 17 Technical Crew Debriefing.

"However, the coating as it was originally formulated will not be able to withstand the harsh environmental conditions found in space," Peters said.

The Goddard team has experimented with and tested different formulas to determine their suitability for spaceflight. "No one formula will meet all our needs," added Peters. "For example, the coating that's applied to spacesuits needs to stick to a flexible surface, while a coating developed to protect moving parts needs to be exceptionally durable to resist wear and tear."

The Goddard team has met with exploration systems engineers at NASA's Johnson Spaceflight Center, Houston, Texas, to demonstrate the modified coatings and get mission requirements. Besides spacesuits and moving parts, it could be applied to solar panels and radiators, where cleanliness keeps them operating at their maximum potential.

Addition of Bacteria-Killing Biocide

The team also is trying to partner with Northrop Grumman to add a biocide to the coating, which would kill bacteria that thrive and produce foul odors wherever people are confined to a small space for long periods, like the space station. NASA could apply the same biocide-infused coating on a planetary lander to prevent Earth-borne bacteria from adhering and potentially contaminating the surface of an extraterrestrial object. The team believes this version of the coating may have commercial interest to hospitals as well.

"We are modifying and testing the formula to ensure it can withstand all the challenges our hardware will encounter — extreme temperatures, ultraviolet radiation, solar wind, and electrostatic charging. Outgassing of the coating also must be addressed for use inside astronauts' habitation areas," Peters added. "We also are making sure it remains durable and cleanable in the space environment."

"We have a great team," said Peters. "Goddard is the only NASA center researching this type of coating, and we believe continued research will deliver great benefits to NASA's exploration missions and will produce many positive applications outside NASA."

In addition to Peters and Wooldridge, the Goddard team includes Sharon Straka, Danielle Voce and Kristen McKittrick (wet chemistry development); Marcello Rodriguez (cleaning and durability testing); Craig Jones, Maryjane Stephenson and Scott Freese (characterization testing); Cory Blake Miller (qualification testing); Amani Ginyard (research); Mark Hasegawa and Jack Triolo (coatings formulation consultants); and Lon Kauder (space environmental testing).

This research is also supported by the Exploration Technology Development Program’s Dust Management Project, led and managed by NASA’s Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, and is one of several technologies being assessed and developed by this project for application to space exploration missions.

Date: June 13, 2017 10:09PM

Here's some nice wallpaper for your desktop, first link.

[www.hdwallpapers.in]

[www.google.com]:

Date: June 14, 2017 01:04AM

Hi brome, those pics are water lillies. Very beautiful but not lotuses.

Sproutarian, I'm assuming you are referring to origami,right? A few Asians here and there like to do that, but it's not the norm.

Riverhousebill, what a great post. Do you have any good info on blue lotuses?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2017 01:06AM by Tai.

Date: June 14, 2017 02:09AM

Thanks for the heads up Tai. I looked it up and and they're not only different but even in very different families:

[www.simple-expressions.org]

[www.google.com]

It might be easy at first to get these two aquatic flowers mixed up, but they have definite distinctions. In fact, though these are both flowers found in water, they actually belong to two separate families of flowers. It is also easy to tell them apart at a glance once you know what to look for.

"The most commonly cited difference and the one which will help you decide which plant it is from a distance, lies in the leaves of the two plants. The leaves of lotus are emergent, meaning that they rise above the water level whereas the leaves of water-lily are found floating on the water surface. Same is true for their respective flowers; lotus flowers are emergent and water-lily flowers are floating."

Date: June 14, 2017 11:19AM

The lotus flower is a very popular tattoo. It is a symbol of awakening to the spiritual reality of life in Hinduism and Buddhism. Though the meaning varies a little between religions, both traditions place importance on it. They are very popular for people who’ve had tough times in their life and are finally coming out of it.

The statment above very popular with people who have had tough times in their
lifes and are finally coming out of rings true,

I meet with a group of expats veterans who servered here during (American War)
so called in this country because it was america who bought the war here
not VietNam, we have coffe tea chat some, A group that is about 10 people or so,
All combat vets, Three of the ten I know have the lotus tatto, an other Don Blackburn wrote a very beautiful poem about the Lotus.
I will try to find and post later.
I personaly feel most relaxed when sitting by rice paddies and the Lotus flowers. Somthing very healing about it beyound words.
When I told my Vietmanese wife that a person on our raw site did not like the flower and pulled them all up saying they were an evasive plant she was shocked.
And said I should not reply to his post because he must be crazy for dislikeing Lotus. Just dumbfounded her someone could dislike the lotus. There is a known phyc phobia of plants with holes in them like the holes in tube systems that may bring on this phobia. name of phobai-Trypophobia.
the lotus flower is a very big part of the culture here in VietNam, so many things lotus related. Im happy to see many lotus flowers blooming everywhere in this country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2017 11:27AM by riverhousebill.

Date: June 17, 2017 01:48PM

[youtu.be]

I made a video for you Brome. You can see the enormous difference between lotus and Lilly plants.
I rarely ever go to that area but I had to drive someone home yesterday who lives nearby. I'm sorry I didn't take a photo but only made a video. Next time.

Date: June 18, 2017 08:24AM

Tai
[youtu.be]

I made a video for you Brome. You can see the enormous difference between lotus and Lilly plants.
I rarely ever go to that area but I had to drive someone home yesterday who lives nearby. I'm sorry I didn't take a photo but only made a video. Next time.

The plants look like faces at 2:06, and a group of faces at 2:07, and big smiley face at 3:19 - 3:20. smiling smiley

Love the drum sound in the background, adds character to the video.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: June 18, 2017 09:36AM

Just some of the many faces in that video.

Look!

A double face. Look!

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2017 09:37AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 18, 2017 04:43PM

Thanks Tai. I've been reading up on Lotus and Water Lily and in general the characters you point out will give the right answer, but not always. When young or in deep water Lotus leaves will be floating flat on the water. And sometimes Water Lily leaves and flowers will stand somewhat above the water (as in the photos above and below).

[en.wikipedia.org]

[books.google.com]

For absolute ID look for the unique seed pod (or pistol in the flower) of the Lotus. The Lotus leaves are also unique, complete circles while Water Lily leaves are incomplete circles with a deep cleft.

Date: June 23, 2017 01:50AM

About this flower, a rêsearch reported that the lotus has the outstanding ability to regulate the temperature of its flowers to within a narrow range just as humans and other warm blooded animals do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables