Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Jay Kordich The Juiceman dead at 93...
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: June 01, 2017 12:13AM

Well he didn't crack 100, but 93 isn't bad. He will be missed...

Jay Kordich Facebook

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jay Kordich The Juiceman dead at 93...
Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: June 06, 2017 10:35PM

According to a series of interviews Kordich gave several years ago, his father, who was a fisherman, died at "over 103", and his mother shortly after, at age 97.

Out of curiousity, I did a little background on him, and he primarily grew up in the San Diego, California area, and was apparently on a football scholarship to the University of California, Los Angeles, where he played second-string on the varsity football team in 1948 only. He was drafted by Wisconsin's Green Bay Packers that year, but apparently never played for them---at least in an actual game.(this stuff I got from vintage newspaper articles on him when he was playing as John Kordich).

He claimed to have been diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer at age 25, which would have been at an extremely young age for that diagnosis, and that he flew to New York & was cured by Dr. Max Gerson, although I see on his website that he now only mentions "a serious illness".

Wonder why his family is doing the go-fund-me routine for "burial"
& "memorial" expenses?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2017 10:36PM by KFCA.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: June 07, 2017 06:32AM

Good genes to start with, and good research. Well done.

Every Tom Dick and Harry seems to have a Go Fund me / Patreon account or whatever online these days of one sort or another asking people for $$$'s. What gets me is that there all sorts of people willing to send money to some of these shonks. Most of those people don't work but live off Youtube and are asking hardworking people to send them money so they don't have to work.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 07, 2017 10:31AM

Maybe he could have lived longer like his parents WITHOUT the juices!

Date: June 07, 2017 08:43PM

One change. He attended USC, not UCLA---I always get those two institutions mixed up.

Date: June 08, 2017 01:48AM

He died of what?
He was in high nutrients juicing. May be it was time to go.

On his website it only says maybe from a family member:

Saturday night at 8:30pm he awoke to some breathing problems and then he just laid his head down and died....
He was not suffering. The day he died, he was in such a state of bliss, smiling so beautifully as he hugged our son, Jayson who came for a week to visit us.
I remember saying to him earlier that day, "Hello my darling, how are you? He said to me...."Still Loving You."
This is the kind of man he was! Passionate about teaching as well as being powerfully effective as a teacher and leader, yet at home he was incredibly tender, soft, gentle, kind, spiritual and ever so loving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2017 01:51AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: June 14, 2017 09:41PM

Reading a little further on Mr. Kordich, it seems that he & his wife lost their money in the 2008 financial calamity, & had to move from California to Washington State for a simpler/less expensive life style. Maybe that was the reason for the go-fund-me account for burial/memorial expenses for him. Or something.

Date: June 15, 2017 03:12AM

He had an impact on many lives.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables