Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do We Have To Be FullyRaw or Is Raw Till 4 OK?
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 03, 2017 07:47PM

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Do We Have To Be FullyRaw or Is Raw Till 4 OK?
Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: June 04, 2017 03:42PM

Good video, John. So Harvey Finkelstein recyled Malkmus' diet? Lol.

For myself, after 10 1/2 years on the rawpath, I'd say 100% raw is the only true way for me. On a full raw diet I am at my healthiest and always on top of my game.There is a certain amount of cooked food per meal that I can eat without having any problems but it would be too little to satiate. I would also have to increase time between meals drastically.

However, the conundrum is although I know and believe this I have not been able to sustain a 100% raw diet for a long time, say longer than 6 months. I doubt I'll ever be able to effortlessly be fully raw year after year without thinking about it the way I did when I used to eat cooked foods. This will never be second nature to me, I feel. I would have had to do this from birth to be that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2017 03:44PM by Anon 102.

Date: June 05, 2017 10:38PM

John Rose
[www.youtube.com]

I enjoyed your video, but l was surprised to see you now allow advertisements on your youtube videos,l never thought you would have done that.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: June 05, 2017 10:57PM

The Sproutarian Man
John Rose
[www.youtube.com]

I enjoyed your video, but l was surprised to see you now allow advertisements on your youtube videos,l never thought you would have done that.

It's a great way to make money really. Let the business people do their thing and get paid to do yours. Johns making over $500 a month already preaching the raw gospel so more power to him. Hope he makes it into 5 figures a month soon...

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 06, 2017 03:28PM

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 08, 2017 02:16AM

When GrandMa bakes her favorite cake for little Johnny's birthday I think it is OK to have a small piece for this special occasion.

I don't want to get GrandMa and little Johnny upset.

Posted by: Cynderella ()
Date: July 09, 2017 09:05PM

Hi,

This is the toughest part about being Vegan when others in the Family, or at work, are not.confused smiley We, including Grandma, are growing in conscious awareness (The "Shift" is happening).
Somethings you might try, are; (if grandma is open to it) Ask Grandma if you can help out, then bring a new twist on her recipe (substitute her non-vegan ingredients), then bring the cup cakes, un-iced. Of course you will bring your substitute icing & tell her you couldn't do this part, and can anyone help if they want icing, etc. Sometimes, asking the Expert" for a hand, and to critique the taste will do the trick, with regards to getting her involved to see a different perspective. If you aren't the substitute King/Queen, then you might try asking a friend for help, and taste them yourself, before you take those to grandmas place.

If your Granny would not allow such as this, the only other thing you might do, is eat your own before you attend, and take hers in hand, but not really eat it in front of her because your so unexpectedly, "stuffed from the meal you just ate".(you can throw it in the trash when you leave.)

Regardless, you really don't want to give her positive reinforcement for what she is ignorantly doing, but say thanks (for her efforts), because she really wants to cheer people up. But also wants to think she is the best cook. Just don't reinforce her food ignorance from letting her see you eat it. Be happy about seeing her and hug her when you walk in the room, or happy on other things.

Anyway, the point is, to make her happy in other ways, and avoid reinforcing her (& poisoning yourself). Later, if she ever want to discuss your lifestyle/eating, you can introduce her more gently. Rejecting her "Valuable Contribution" in front of the whole family & friends may keep her from ever listening to you about Veganism in the future, or in future lives(lol).

ttfn-Happy Vegansmiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables