Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

100 percent bananas?
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 24, 2017 01:46PM

Meet the fruitarians, who believe we can live on raw fruit alone
[www.salon.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 100 percent bananas?
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: June 25, 2017 02:33AM

Definitely not Freelee pictured above. She's given up on 100% raw or 100% fruit. Her diet includes white sugar, soft drinks and going to Thai and vegan restaurants and eating anything and everything that is labelled vegan - including junk food vegan. As long as it's labelled ' vegan ' she's ok - including sprite. That picture is now out-dated.

It would be interesting to follow the 100% fruitarians for a month and see if they really are living on 100% fruit - probably like the breatharians who say they don't eat - but when push comes to shove they admit to eating.

Date: June 25, 2017 05:39PM

True I have not seen a true breatharian, even Christ ate bread.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: June 25, 2017 08:01PM

Hi Raw P, speaking of the article, did you ever go to Woodstock fruit festival since you live so close...and did anon go?

I saw they have an all you can eat durian and fruit buffet in Chiang mai, thailand.90 minutes long. The fruitarians are raving about it.

The article talked about using herbs and supplements so most are not advocating only fruit. Plus the WFF has a salad bar. Only a few advocate strict fruitarianism like Ann Osborne

Mike arnstein eats sometimes 30 pounds of fruit daily. No wonder he doesn't eat only organic which sometimes costs $3/lb.

I found an awesome Vietnamese fruit store that makes fresh sugar cane and kumquat juice served over ice. Last week I drank 3 large cups (24 or 32 ounces each?), a durian frozen smoothie, a pound of peeled and deseeded jackfruit and rambutan in a 3 hour period during a heat wave (I drank all the ice too which melted faster than usual, so it was diluted). My blood sugar was perfect. The heat vastly increases sweet fruit tolerance in my experience. When it's not hot, I can't drink even one sugar cane/kumquat juice without mixing it with something not sweet or it tastes too sweet. But when it's hot, I can consume a lot and I feel healthy.

John rose being half-naked is such a true depiction of the raw, high fruit lifestyle. It's the high heat that ripens fruit, is the right temp for no/few clothes and produces the antidote for the heat...juicy fruits and vegetables.

I love seeing citrus fruit tree greenhouses in snowy areas like canada. That's the way to go in the snow.

Date: June 27, 2017 12:03AM

Hi Tai
I have never attended the festival but now that you are reminding me I plan to attend this year. [www.thewoodstockfruitfestival.com].

When it come to food, it all about assimilation. A high fruit diet is fine especially for those who can add some herbs to it. I need to add herbs to my diet.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 27, 2017 02:41AM

I think Freelee has been eating cooked foods for about a half decade now, maybe longer.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: July 01, 2017 10:03AM

Tai-"Hi Raw P, speaking of the article, did you ever go to Woodstock fruit festival since you live so close...and did anon go?"

Nope. Sorry, never been.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2017 10:09AM by Anon 102.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 01, 2017 04:49PM

RawPracticalist
True I have not seen a true breatharian, even Christ ate bread.

Plants are 'bretharians.' They are autotrophs. Plants are producers. Animals are consumers. But ironically, animals existed before terrestrial plants did.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2017 04:51PM by Panchito.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 01, 2017 06:58PM

<<<But ironically, animals existed before terrestrial plants did.>>>

BULL SH-IT!!!

Plants existed long before animals!!!

Why do you CONSISTENTLY reference to Wiki-LIE-TO-You?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 01, 2017 08:09PM

665 > 470

[en.wikipedia.org]

The earliest animal fossils appear to be those of invertebrates. 665-million-year-old fossils in the Trezona Formation at Trezona Bore, West Central Flinders, South Australia

[en.wikipedia.org]

The first evidence of plants on land comes from spores of mid-Ordovician age (early Llanvirn, ~470 million years ago).[17][18][19]

Date: July 02, 2017 02:01AM

"Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” Genesis 1:11

And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” Genesis 1:20

And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

-----------------

The scriptures have hidden truths that science does not agree with.

But it will seem common sense that animals need terrestrial plants to eat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2017 02:04AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 29, 2017 08:35AM

Some plants are parasites, completely dependent on its host. So not all produce energy from light. I think some animals produce part of their energy from light. I recall a sea slug that did that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables