Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wim Hof method
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 10, 2017 05:04PM

Anybody has an opinion on the Wim Hof method to make the body very alkaline in ~10 minutes?

Re: Wim Hof method
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 11, 2017 04:45PM

Note: I don't endorse trying extreme experiments. In this case, there could be irreparable brain damage from lack of oxygen (hippocampus and some parts of the cortex).

quick google:

[www.memorylossonline.com]

Hypoxia is a reduction in oxygen supply to one or more areas of the body. Total absence of oxygen is called anoxia. Cells throughout the body depend on oxygen to survive; when the oxygen supply is reduced, cells begin to starve and eventually die.

The brain, which is the body's single largest consumer of oxygen. Although the brain represents only about 2% of the body's weight, it utilizes about 20% of the body's oxygen. As a result, the brain is especially sensitive to hypoxia. After about 4 to 6 minutes without oxygen, large numbers of brain cells begin to die. Prolonged hypoxia (e.g. suffocation) results in death.

Shorter intervals of hypoxia may result in lesser degrees of brain damage. The effects of hypoxia are especially severe in the hippocampus. Individuals who survive an hypoxic episode often sustain hippocampal damage and anterograde amnesia.

Ischaemic hypoxia is caused by a circulatory problem. Normally, oxygen is carried throughout the body via the bloodstream. When the flow of blood is reduced or blocked, cells which depend on that bloodflow are deprived of oxygen (and other nutrients). Ischaemic hypoxia can be caused by a variety of conditions including cardiac arrest, stroke or aneurysm, and massive bleeding.

Anemic hypoxia occurs when oxygen levels in the blood fall below normal levels. In this case, bloodflow continues to reach its target areas, but does not bring the needed oxygen with it. Anemic hypoxia can be caused by conditions including carbon monoxide poisoning, respiratory failure or obstruction (e.g. choking or near-suffocation), sleep apnea, or anesthesia overdose.

Re: Wim Hof method
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: July 11, 2017 08:28PM

Hi panchito, ask Wim to wear an oximeter when he does that technique . His body seems different.
Then have a few students do the technique also with oximeters and see the result. I doubt Wim is going to do something dangerous because he is surrounded by medical doctors studying his body and technique.

When i do my qigong practice, it feels very alkalizing in the sense of the inflammation in my body decreasing, yet i don't do any special breathing other than breathing through my nose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables