Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is distilled water raw living?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: October 15, 2017 05:32PM

What's your opinion about distilled water in a raw living diet?
I didn't like drinking water until i started distilling my own water into glass; then i loved drinking water, as long as I distill spring water (not purified tap water).
I later learned how toxic purified water can be still so it wasn't a surprise that i never liked purified water, especially in plastic.
After drinking distilled water, i feel that in any time period, i would want to distill water, even if i lived on earth during a pristine time. I would figure out a way to use solar to distill water.

Since water has to reach a boiling point to become distilled, how do raw foodists view that?

Lou corona said artesian water is good, and i will drink that in a glass bottle if i can't distill water, but if i can distill, then i distill the artesian.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2017 05:40PM by Tai.

Re: Is distilled water raw living?
Date: October 15, 2017 06:29PM

I know Lou Corona drinks either kangen or artesian water but not distilled. He says it's acidic. My ph meter shows 7.0 when i distill into glass. When air enters water it does turn slightly acidic but the special glass jugs have tiny openings so air hardly enters.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: October 15, 2017 11:54PM

Distilled water does not hydrate the body well
The size and shape of the water molecule clusters after distillation are significantly different. They are larger in size and thus do not absorb into the body’s tissues as easily as tap, filtered or ionized water.
Mineral Deficiencies

Drinking distilled water robs your body of its natural source for many minerals essential to good health. This results in mineral loss in the body with increases your risk for osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism, hypertension, coronary artery disease and premature aging.

Tooth Decay

Because distilled water does not contain any fluoride, dentists are beginning to see an increased number of cavities in young children who drink bottled water. Consumers believe bottled, distilled water is safer than the water supplies in their local communities.

Electrolyte Imbalance

The WHO and others studied the use of distilled water and found that because it is stripped of all minerals it can cause electrolyte imbalances in your body. Your body will leach electrolytes from your tissues in order to add them to the mineral free water you are drinking. This is necessary so that your body can function normally and eliminate waste. If the water redistribution process in your body is not functioning properly, you may experience fatigue, weakness, headache, muscle cramps and an abnormal heart rate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 12:06AM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: October 16, 2017 12:17AM

Tai, A good sorce of info on the subject of Distilled water-
read HEALTH RISK FROM DRINKING DEMINERALISED WATER
Frantisek Kozisek National Institute Of Health
Czech Republic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 12:18AM by riverhousebill.

Date: October 16, 2017 12:44AM

Heavy metals in bottled spring water:

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

I feel better hydrated with freshly distilled spring water than anything else. For maximum hydration, i drink it plain but for richer nutrition, i will add fresh herbs or fruit or even added minerals or supplements or make teas with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 12:46AM by Tai.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: October 19, 2017 02:42PM

It's cooked, it's EVIL=LIVE spelled backwards...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 20, 2017 03:12AM

Tai
Heavy metals in bottled spring water:

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

I feel better hydrated with freshly distilled spring water than anything else. For maximum hydration, i drink it plain but for richer nutrition, i will add fresh herbs or fruit or even added minerals or supplements or make teas with it.

Thanks for the study Tai,l added it to my 67 page water file.

Yes, distilled hydrates me better also. The key is to drink it slow because hypertonic solutions can cause vascular stress. and have extra nutrition to make up for any nutrient losses that may occur.

A large research paper l have from water supply companies also states and admits that only 90% of pollutants and drugs are removed from community water supplies on average because it is too expensive to remove everything. Actually various studies back this up.

Something interesting l did come across today was a letter highlighting possible flaws in Zoltan's `distilled water causes death' article.
[www.cyber-nook.com]

What l can conclude is that water is not very clean these days, and even regular distilled water is not clean either, but at least regular distilled water for household drinking is far cleaner than most. Best not to be drinking drugs in the water, the local water supplies don't use enough oxidising agents to neutralize it all.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 03:13AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables