Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Have you Changed anyone's life?
Posted by: AVOJAMACADA ()
Date: January 08, 2007 05:31PM

Hey everyone.It's been about 3 plus years since I've been here.WOW!
I was 100% raw in northern Canada for a few years back....when I was 16 haha.Cool to see old schoolers and new people rockin the joint!

So I waunted to ask....have you influenced anyone to step into the raw path?Or even VEG?

I'll share a coupla stories in my journey.
I had a frend with very bad asthma.Natuaraly I mentioned raw goods,etc.Veeery long story short...he's lost 100 plus lb's....asthma's gone!!Among other benefits.

I work alot in oilfeild camp in the very cold and isolated northern canada.The food is litterally garbage..I mean like no other.But I was a step above the rest everyday!!I'd be the first one up ripping the gym!Staying on top.Not 100% raw but high raw VEG.Out there people get down quick!Long hours and brutal brutal work take there toll.
But anyway I mention that cuz just in that one job I changed two people for life.They'll never "go back".haha...I remember them in front of everyone(total rig rednecks) screaming...Dorian..."you changed my life" at the top of there lungs.

"You changed my life" makes me melt inside when people say that to me.

Thee came a point when I thoght it was greedy in a sense NOT to share this gold with the world.So together let's change the world!!Share your stories if you got one...i'd love hearing it.

And much love to all here...make every day the best day ever!!

See you at the top!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you Changed anyone's life?
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: January 08, 2007 05:38PM

I've turned a few people onto raw, what I really want is a raw tract that I could hand out to people that I get into conversation about raw for a short amount of time - like the checkout clerks.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 08, 2007 06:49PM

Yes, everybody whereveer I go, except of course, certain men, lol they will keep on eating meat in my face..but my friends, yes, I change alot of them. Even my penpals

Posted by: ela ()
Date: January 08, 2007 09:10PM

AVO! It's good to see you back on here and to feel your good energy.

All I can say is, I've changed my own life. From sick, miserable, victim, in scarcity mode, starving, to healthy, happy, taking charge of my life, abundant! And as I was wisely told when I was sick and beating up on myself for being 'useless', you can only be creative, help other people, etc, when you have an overflow, when you have more than enough just to keep yourself going!

I'm starting to experience that now, as I explore the healing arts and begin to apply them beyond my own self. And have been learning the humbling lesson (which was also my own experience) - that no one changes until they are ready. Anyone that I have helped, I have just been in the right place to offer them what they need at that time. And it is a delight to do so and I hope that I can keep doing that for the rest of my life, helping people by my presence, gifts and experiences. But I'm letting go of the idea that I can actually 'change' anyone.

love
Ela

seeing is freeing
hearing is clearing
feeling is healing

Posted by: samina ()
Date: January 08, 2007 09:17PM

i've influenced my mother, who is always inspired to ramp up the raw after i've visited her.

and my oldest son, who is 19 -- he makes his own smoothies and when i ask what he wants to eat, he often says "whatever you're eating". nice.

my youngest is 16 and he loves green smoothies but won't make them himself.

my neighbor started making green smoothies now & then. and i've turned a lot of people in my professional & dance community at least onto the IDEA of adding more live things into their daily diet. just getting past the SAD mind-set and realizing there are other options can be a huge hurdle...

i have a book coming out soon on live green smoothies... hopefully i will be able to claim in a few years that i've influenced more than just my close intimate contacts. smiling smiley

samina

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2007 09:18PM by samina.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: January 08, 2007 10:21PM

Dorian

YOU CHANGED MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

mathematically it is a certainty, although perhaps not as much as your oilfield friends

I turned someone onto veganism
Someone else is at least open to it
A few people have shown interest in one thing or another

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 08, 2007 11:26PM

Hey AVOJAMACADA, I remember you.

Welcome back.

I've inspired my cats to be about 50-70% raw. grinning smiley

And my mother makes smoothies occasionally.

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: January 09, 2007 12:26AM

Yes, a number of people's and there is nothing like it! Watching, hearing, feeling people transform into their authentic selves. Beautiful stuff.

Blissed be, Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 09, 2007 01:56AM

If only there was something that needed changing! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 09, 2007 02:51AM

i have been trying to be raw since last week.this weekend i took care of my grandsons and they always eat alot of fast foods and junk foods.i had them make fresh juiced apple juicer from my champion juicer. they got there chairs up to the counter and i washed and cut the apples and let them put it in and watched them every second and supervised.the older one(7 yrs old) drank it down and wanted more.the little one said no.but they loved juicing.i put clover sprouts in my hubby sandwich today and he e-mailed me and said there was green hairs in his sandwich.but i am feeding us both more and more raw foods.so i am trying to be an example.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 09, 2007 03:45AM

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If only there was something that needed changing!
> LOL.
>
> -David Z. Mason

Well, that's easy to say from the richest country in the world built largely on the exploitation and suffering of others far away.

Don't get my wrong, I love my iPod, cheap sneakers, cheap food and all that, just that I don't imagine if I was dying of draught somewhere in Africa that'd I feel quite as groovy about the whole system.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 09, 2007 03:40PM

Our good friends who were very much SAD and overweight and always sick saw how great we look and feel started adding raw to their diet. They have added more and more. It is such a great feeling to know that you influenced someone like that and now we get together and eat raw and exchange recipes. Her good friend saw that she lost 14 lbs. in two weeks so she asked for some recipes. When you change one life you are really just getting the ball rolling. I have another friend who is very ill with fybromyalgia. She has had it about ten years now. Her life has deteriorated down to barely living at all. She lives about 7 hours away and I am planning to go to her for a week in february to prepare food for her and teach her about raw. Do any of you have any advise on what foods I should make? She has IBS and lots of health issues associated with her illness. I would think green smoothies would be optimal but they are always bitter when I make them. Any advise?

Thanks,
Kise'

Date: January 09, 2007 06:30PM

WOW.Awesome stories!!These are what make it worthwhile IMO.It's just soo contageous and ha NO choice but to spread....right to the tops of all tops.

Thx for the kickin stores everyone and tell me more!!

See you at the top!..Doran.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 10, 2007 03:02AM

A few people, online, when I had my own forum.

In real life, I don't know. Maybe some people are eating less corpses and more f+v. I try to be informative but not preachy.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 10, 2007 04:31AM

Re: "If only there was something that needed changing! "

I am in agreement here. Everything is already perfect. Its our perceptions that are flawed.

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: January 10, 2007 11:07AM

everyone close to me thinks I am a food freak.
my family thought I was insane to stop eating meat 17 years ago. now they are about to commit me.
BUT.... I was turned on to the raw diet by a good friend of mine
I go to her house and she always gives me a little bit of whatever raw delight she is working on at the time.
NOW I have been raw( about 80%) for almost two months!!smiling smiley
I influence my husband only cause I am the primary grocery store tripper(i wouldn't want it any other way)He eats a lot of raw cause that is what is in the kitch.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: January 10, 2007 04:36PM

Bryan Wrote:
> Everything is already
> perfect. Its our perceptions that are flawed.

I couldn't agree more, Bryan.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: January 10, 2007 08:26PM

Yup - I am there to speak my truth. Only those who are open to it and ready to make some changes really listen. I can only change me, but in the process I can help to inspire others. The best way to teach and inspire is to set the example. That's why it's so important that we are happy in our new lifestyles and go around and "give it away". Folks are much more attracted to someone who exudes health, happiness, joy, love and acceptance. I try to not have an attitude toward meat eaters - I was there once. They don't need my judgement. If they are moving toward a more compassionate life, my judgement could thwart that. I just ride my trike around town and smile from ear to ear the whole time and the people who know me think "Hey, there goes Rose and she's 55 yrs old and she's out riding her bike in the cold and look at her - she's smiling from ear to ear. Maybe there IS something to that lifestyle of hers". Or not. Either way, It's a win/win for me, right?

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: January 10, 2007 11:12PM

I think I disagree, but I digress.

Date: January 11, 2007 12:05AM

Yo alive....Your right on the money..that's exactcly how I go about it.Setting an example and nothing more will do wonders hey.

I can agree that our perception is for sure flawed.Quite a bit.But in NO way is this world "perect" by any menas IMO.There's millions suffering form pain in there own bodies just becuase they don't know any better in what to eat.They have to be shown.I had to be shown..so did everyone at one point.Not trying to sound offensive BTW.
I don't know were I'm goin and and I don't know were you live but everything around me isn't "perfect"...though it's not as bad as some prceive.My self included sometimes.

Thx alot and see you at the top!!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 11, 2007 03:33AM

Bryan Wrote:
> Everything is already
> perfect. Its our perceptions that are flawed.

I suppose you are referring to the human animal. Not the state of the world in general.

I disagree on both counts.

People can be mean, selfish, brutal, impatient, irritable, greedy, violent monsters.

The oceans are dying. 90% of the big fish are gone. The glaciers are melting. The aquifers are drying up. The topsoil is vanishing. The rain forests are shrinking. The deserts are expanding. And nobody gives a darn enough to stop.

We have entered an era of unprecedented destruction. How can this be perfect?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 11, 2007 04:08AM

Arugula,

This afternoon, on a sunny but brisk winter's day, I was sitting in a wood fire heated redwood hot tub with 5 naked beautiful women, looking at the cats playing with the deer on the grassy hillside, surrounded by forests of douglas fir and madrone, mountains, delicious air, and beautiful blue sky.

I was in heaven, yet I was not dead. It was here, it was real. This is what I observed with my senses of the world in which I live.

I don't have personal experience with the things you mention. I see the ocean a couple times a year, as I live 45 minutes from the coastline, and every time I go there, I see plenty of wildlife. I see seals, birds, the sea anemone and starfish and crabs and seaweed in the tide pools. Today in the hot tub I was no more than 20 to 30 feet away from 5 deer.

The world felt perfect to me today. Based on my personal experience. Based on what I felt and perceived though my senses today. I didn't see 90% dead fish, or melting glaciers, or dried aquifers, or vanishing topsoil, or shrinking rainforest (I was in a rain forest today though). I suspect you didn't see these either with your senses today. But your brain has these thoughts of how the world is. I'm not sure of which I should trust more, your thoughts or my direct perceptions and experience. Hmmmmmmmm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2007 04:21AM by Bryan.

Date: January 11, 2007 04:50AM

Out've site out've mind?

Posted by: Galileo ()
Date: January 12, 2007 01:46AM

There are always problems to be solved in the world and there always will be. I do everything I can on a daily basis to help. I compost recycle etc...and help people out when I can if they are in trouble.

This does not stop me from being happy as I have more power that way.

I knew a lady who was dying of cancer and had a week to live when I last saw her and she was one of the happiest people I have ever met. She did everything she could to cure the cancer but was happy every day anyway. She died six days later. I learned from that experience.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 12, 2007 11:25AM

well- i have been a caregiver and done alot of hospice. i have seen alot of suffering.then my family on both sides have not lived long or healthy.so i am trying to change.what i am excited about today...is my dear hubby is wanting to juice this weekend.he is seeing my results of so much weight loss and walking my 5 miles everyday in the fresh lovely air...he is wanting to change. i do not nag or say anything...just doing.he is starting to be more interested.yay!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables