Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Brian Clement & Gabriel Cousens - Living Food Seminar - Sat, January 6, 2018
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 12, 2017 06:06AM

[www.eventbrite.com]

Finally an opportunity to meet these two luminaries

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brian Clement & Gabriel Cousens - Living Food Seminar - Sat, January 6, 2018
Date: January 11, 2018 05:05AM

The seminar did take place on Saturday January 6th 2018.

They came and it was a very cold day in New York City and
Bill de Blasio was Mayor and Donald Trump was president.

The seminar started with a meditation led by Gabriel Cousens on uniting the energy of the spiritual world with the energy of the physical earth.

They repeated many times during the seminar that food was only a small part of this life style, the big part was our belief system.

Then Brian Clement was the first to give his talk for about 20 minutes.

They were very prepared and the videos and pictures of their presentation were very professional.

This first image that was projected on the screen was this:

Herophilies - 300 B.C

When health is absent
Wisdom cannot reveal itself,
Art cannot become manifest,
Strength cannot be executed,
Wealth is useless, and
Reason is powerless.

Then Brian followed with another series of video presentation of the harmony in nature. The million of species that live on raw foods and we human were the only ones eating cooked food. This natural harmonious nature was contrasted with the state of our health, the cancer, the diseases, and many other issues humans face.

He talked about our ability to utilize oxygen and that aging was related to that.

And 85 percent of the fruits we have now did not exist before and were not that sweet. He even said that fruit sugar was more cancer causing that white sugar.

He said that fruit sugar is very addictive.

It took him one year to give up meat but it took him 35 years to give up fruits.

Both look very healthy, Brian much more but I guess he is about 20 years younger and pay more attention to eating that Cousens. Cousens is more into fasting and spiritual practices.

Gabriel Cousens started with reference to chromosome 19 which determines those who will need a high protein diet and those with low protein diet.

70 % high protein group, and 30 percent low protein.

He made many references to his ability to go for days without food and water and that at age 75 he was able to go for 4 days without food and water while those younger than him could not. At the end of the 4 days fast he was the only one standing.

He said that it was due to his body ability to utilize sun energy even while he was not eating. And that is what living food diet does. He said that a young person had about 40000 biophoton emissions, and an adult about 20000 while a raw living food life style person could have 80000 biophotons. Biophotons are the light of our cells, and the cells utilize that light to communicate, and to absorb sun energy into the body.

A person living on living foods with wild herbs could have a biophoton readings of 114000.

He said at age 74 he does 2 high intensity physical exercise periods per week and the other days light exercises and yoga. And that he can do 600 pull ups per day. And that we should not get weaker because of aging but rather we should get stronger.

He said he had two hernia operations while he was full awake... (did not completely hear the rest..)

And we are not too old to start on the path.

And the less you eat the more energy you have.

Cousens is into many other things beside food. He projected onto the screen many scenes of him with his teacher and his students meditating. He said he was initiated into Shaktipat and other practices. He has more worldwide reach and has projects in many countries around the world.

During the questions and answers both said they do not recommend eating fruits
And one lady asked how much fruit, and Cousens said not more than the equivalent of a banana per day.

Brian said fruit was the original diet but things have changed since and todays fruit is not the same and that 85 percent of todays fruits did not exist then.

The also said they do not recommend blending food. And after 7 seconds of blending the nutrients start to be damaged and after 90 seconds every thing is almost lost.

One lady asked about how much protein per day.
Brian said even lettuce had more protein than meat.
Cousens 30 to 75 grams per day
Brian said blue green algae have more protein..

They said they will give another seminar in new york on feb 2.
I will be there.

To be continued...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 05:21AM by RawPracticalist.

Re: Brian Clement & Gabriel Cousens - Living Food Seminar - Sat, January 6, 2018
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: January 11, 2018 02:26PM

Cousens physical prowess is suspect, he seems too weak to lift up a tea cup, lot's of bragging but little evidence, same as Viktoras. I like the rest of the info though especially that quote, thanks for sharing...

As far as the anti fruit stance, that's just silly. The fruit (and nut), tree is the gateway to Paradise especially when planted Permaculture style. They bear a century or more once established without toil, olives can live for 1000+ years.

The modern fruits did not exist, but neither did the modern vegetables! If that is the original diet, then perhaps WE should work OUR way back, starting with the "reconstruction of Paradise" as Ehret called it...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 02:30PM by NuNativs.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 11, 2018 05:55PM

AGREED

NuNativs
Cousens physical prowess is suspect, he seems too weak to lift up a tea cup, lot's of bragging but little evidence, same as Viktoras. I like the rest of the info though especially that quote, thanks for sharing...

As far as the anti fruit stance, that's just silly. The fruit (and nut), tree is the gateway to Paradise especially when planted Permaculture style. They bear a century or more once established without toil, olives can live for 1000+ years.

The modern fruits did not exist, but neither did the modern vegetables! If that is the original diet, then perhaps WE should work OUR way back, starting with the "reconstruction of Paradise" as Ehret called it...

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 11, 2018 06:43PM

To be fair, that’s simply a subjective opinion about Cousens that has no evidence. I always reply to statements like this with... Post YOUR physique if you’re going to judge others.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: January 11, 2018 08:00PM

jtprindl
To be fair, that’s simply a subjective opinion about Cousens that has no evidence. I always reply to statements like this with... Post YOUR physique if you’re going to judge others.

You must be joking the one that should present evidence of his claim is Gabriel don't try to turn it around.

Date: January 11, 2018 08:05PM

NuNativs
Cousens physical prowess is suspect, he seems too weak to lift up a tea cup, lot's of bragging but little evidence, same as Viktoras. ...

I got the same impression when I saw him at first but then I realized that he is 75 years old and is a lot into dry fasting. So it is a choice he made not necessarily a result of a deficient diet.

His mind is very sharp so the physical aspect may not be the whole story. And he said he can do 600 pull up straight so he does understand the requirements of the body.

One point both stressed constantly was that they were not just giving the audience simple optimism but facts that are backed by science.

At the start they did show the quote by Herophilies and said that raw living food was not something new but had been a quest for thousands of years and showed a list of about 7 new pioneers including Ann Wigmore. And that they were both the new leaders of the movement in this cycle. I was surprised they did not include Norman Walker in the list they projected onto the screen. Of course Doug Graham could not have been on the list, he is a fruitarian. The bad fruit.

Date: January 11, 2018 09:22PM

SHOW ME THE VIDEO OF HIM DOING
600 pull-ups straight.

Otherwise it never happened.

Date: January 12, 2018 12:10AM

Loren shreds the anti fruiters

[youtu.be]

Date: January 12, 2018 01:07AM

By the way the world record for pull ups without stopping is 238 in 34 minutes.

What's next? you gonna say he never said it was without stopping?

Or maybe it was push-ups?

Gabriel always talked about his push-up prowess (also unproven) not his pull-up prowess maybe you were confused? who's confused here exactly

And of course according to JT Prindle I need to show my body because I challenge someone's absurd statement.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 01:09AM by fresh.

Date: January 12, 2018 02:37AM

It was pull ups, he said it many times, pushing his hands up and down. He said 600 many times. It may not have been straight but it was 600 hundred pull ups.

But if it was not straight then why mentioned it. I can do 600 within two hours at the gym with in between pauses.

Most of the Cousens talks were not just on food but on his body ability to do things that young people at 30 could not achieve.

Brian did not talk about his age but Cousens talked about his, and him doing these things at 75. If he can do these things at 75 then something else is going on. That is when he linked the presentation to the biophoton theory, his body cells ability to absorb the sun light, and that is only possible if you are on living food life style.

Date: January 12, 2018 02:54AM

>It was pull ups, he said it many times, pushing his hands up and down. He said 600 many times. It may not have been straight but it was 600 hundred pull ups.

thank you for the response...
I will wait for the video. until then he's a big fat or skinny liar, ok?
you realize he's claiming that he tripled the world record right?

oh guess what, I just did 8000 pushups in 20 minutes, you believe me right?
I did it on biophoton energy. I was levitating really. I could have done more but got bored.

>But if it was not straight then why mentioned it. I can do 600 within two hours at the gym with in between pauses.

I wouldn't say you can't but that also is a lot of pullups and not very easy to do. so
I will also wait for that video.
you of course know that not all pullups are pullups.

> If he can do these things at 75 then something else is going on.

first of all, news flash, these spiritual types tend to stretch the truth and make fanciful claims, you may have noticed.

secondly,
There's nothing going on except what we already know and that is, it's quite obvious to any rawfood athlete, myself included, and JR and jtprindl and maybe yourself, that one can perform better on raw. this is not surprising or unknown. it's not magic, it's just less restriction due to healthier tissue and lower toxic load and better oxygenation, etc.

and by the way your alleged 600 pullups in 2 hours is nearly world class.
love too see that on video, send it to youtube.

the world record for women is 560 in 1 hour
and the mens is 1000 in one hour

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 03:29AM by fresh.

Date: January 12, 2018 05:43AM

fresh
jtprindl

You must be joking the one that should present evidence of his claim is Gabriel don't try to turn it around.

I think if Cousens actually claimed to do 600 pull-ups straight then that's most definitely questionable and I wouldn't believe it without evidence. The most I've ever been able to do straight is somewhere between 35-40. And somewhere around 175 in a single workout spanning an hour or so. Can't remember the exact numbers. My post was about his criticism of Cousens' physique.

I stopped working out for a while because I started getting nauseous during or after. Probably exercise-induced hypoglycemia due to being on a higher-fat diet. I'm going to start kickboxing again within the next two weeks and plan on doing blueberry smoothies with kombucha and MegaHydrate before working out so I have enough sugar to power my muscles. Here in Wisconsin we have an awesome local kombucha fresh out the tap - [www.purelyliving.life].

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 12, 2018 05:43AM

Thanks for sharing.

Raw p:
He even said that fruit sugar was more cancer causing that white sugar.

Tai.
Under a microscope or in real life? Isolated or the whole fruit? And you can't compare dried dates to dark seeded grapes and sun ripened lemons and melons.

I know a man into dry fasting. His record when i knew him was like 20 days
[www.insiteage.com]
It's funny because he believes in fasting but everyone he helped to cure cancer did not fast but used a lot of juices, raw food, etc.

I heard at his seminar that Brian is well into his 60s with grandchildren (unless that was not true), so maybe 10 years younger than Gabriel.

RawPracticalist
He said he had two hernia operations while he was full awake...

Tai
It seems weird to brag about 600 pullups then. I would be more impressed to hear how he healed the hernias without surgery.
Some people I have worked on have mesh over the hernia. I wonder what kind of surgery and where are the hernias. He should be more careful, especially if all he knows is surgery.
Dr. Schulze was a brick breaking champion and used to do live demos at his talks. One time he broke his foot on stage and it was a bloody mess. End of demos after that. It happens with age.

With regards to animals being raw, since cooking makes calories more available, many animals appreciate cooked food, plus it cuts down on parasites from raw meat

Do you all know the vegetarian lioness lil Tyke? She was vegetarian of her own accord and her caretakers gave her cooked grains, raw eggs and milk and the cooked food didn't make her lose her 6th sense. No one could trick her by putting even a drop of blood in her milk.
[www.animalliberationfront.com]

Here is a vegetarian cat for 12 years that eats a lot of cooked food. The cat is nice next to a small bird at the end of the video. If anything these cats seem more evolved with some cooked food.
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 05:50AM by Tai.

Date: January 12, 2018 05:56AM

Does anyone know of any great raw (sprouted) vegan bars? This is the best one I've ever came across ingredient wise - [www.infinitygreens.com]

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: January 12, 2018 06:00AM

>My post was about his criticism of Cousens' physique.

ok, but all nunativs said was that he looked weak which is not unreasonable based on his age and appearance... I didnt think it warranted nunativs needing to post his own physique nor was it overly critical.

>I stopped working out for a while because I started getting nauseous during or after. Probably exercise-induced hypoglycemia due to being on a higher-fat diet. I'm going to start kickboxing again within the next two weeks and plan on doing blueberry smoothies with kombucha and MegaHydrate before working out so I have enough sugar to power my muscles.

wow. probably a good plan

Date: January 12, 2018 06:08AM

fresh
>My post was about his criticism of Cousens' physique.

ok, but all nunativs said was that he looked weak which is not unreasonable based on his age and appearance... I didnt think it warranted nunativs needing to post his own physique nor was it overly critical.

>I stopped working out for a while because I started getting nauseous during or after. Probably exercise-induced hypoglycemia due to being on a higher-fat diet. I'm going to start kickboxing again within the next two weeks and plan on doing blueberry smoothies with kombucha and MegaHydrate before working out so I have enough sugar to power my muscles.

wow. probably a good plan

It just came off as insulting... "Too weak to lift a tea cup".

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: January 12, 2018 06:26AM

>>It just came off as insulting... "Too weak to lift a tea cup".

it's hyperbole, a comedic device.

nunativs is a comedian and you are not, so there it is

Date: January 12, 2018 03:12PM

Why does anyone give any attention to Brian Clement who says fruit sugar causes cancer?

It's absurd and flies in the face of common Sense and evidence and is based only upon him "observing"
That someone's cancer grew while eating dates, and it a ridiculous unscientific conclusion.

Nevermind the fact that he has never done anything to heal anybody. He takes large sums if money from people, tells them to change their diet, and the body heals. Big deal . The body heals thru the diminishment of toxic load, not his enemas rejuvelac or anything else in his "program"

Then he claims that x percent of cooked is ok and x percent fruit is ok. Hes a wannabe Dr giving baseless prescriptions.

Meanwhile he suggests that people eat like he does because instead if being a fruit addict he's now a cooked food addict.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 03:17PM by fresh.

Date: January 12, 2018 09:00PM

Fresh
Nevermind the fact that he has never done anything to heal anybody. He takes large sums if money from people, tells them to change their diet, and the body heals. Big deal . The body heals thru the diminishment of toxic load, not his enemas rejuvelac or anything else in his "program"

Tai
Well, people are getting a three week stay with food and boarding and personal attention to their blood test for 5k. So that is providing them with care. But as Max Gerson found, a person needs to stay on a program for 2 YEARS solid to make sure cancer doesn't return. If you eliminate fruit from a diet for two years, that makes the program extra tedious, extra difficult, extra time consuming and for some, extra expensive. Instead of teaching which are the healing fruits and which are the fruits to avoid, it's a disservice to lump all fruit into one category.

Date: January 12, 2018 09:29PM

What u say is true Tai.

My view is that Brian and others make it complicated so as to run a business and make money.

They mislead people into thinking that they need their services. Oh look what he offers! I must need that?

And on the other side, people are lazy and instead of educating themselves for free and seeing that they can do it themselves for free at home , they fall into a dependency mindset.

None of his services are necessary to heal .
None. There is no evidence of it.
No studies, no comparison to anything such as a clean diet and rest at home.

Health is not complicated.

Of course there's nothing wrong with people following what he says if that's what they want to do but the anti fruit thing is very damaging mindset

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 09:51PM by fresh.

Date: January 12, 2018 11:06PM

At one point Brian talked about the health value of the sauna or steam room.

And that they had to have that at the hotel or near where they were staying but the price they were given was too high (like 150 dollars or more) for 3 days compared to where they came from. So he had to bargain with them for a low price because he only paid 70 dollars for a year or six months if I recall. He said even if you can pay for it you should not waste your money. But this is New York Mr Clement.

But my thoughts were that the saunas and blue green algae are expensive and may not be accessible to the single mother with 3 children living in low income communities in New York.

Because if the low income folks are not going to eat fruits and are not going to eat cooked foods and are not going to use the blender, then how do they eat?

Juices and what else?

Brian said some cooked foods is fine and that he eat a little bit of it (so he is not addicted as someone wrote earlier). And Cousens said that he was 99 percent raw. I wished I could have asked what the 1 percent was. Maybe hot tea?

The day was very cold so there were not a lot of people may be 150 to 200. I do not think that they make money from the attendance which was at 30 dollars but it is more of a marketing tools because we got many documents and list to sign up and subscribe for publications from their center, and there was a lot presentations about the offerings at their center especially Cousens, and there was a long line for buying their books and have them autographed. So many were interested in the idea of going to the center and probably they may take their sick family members.

And it is not a bad thing. What they have at their center is good, and a good step in proper nutrition. We are bombarded with commercials for big mac and donuts on tv every day.

Date: January 13, 2018 02:52AM

"None. There is no evidence of it.
No studies, no comparison to anything such as a clean diet and rest at home."

Would you not consider the hundreds of positive experiences and reviews as evidence? Can you point me to a study that proves a "clean" diet and rest at home heals cancer, heart disease, depression or type-2 diabetes? I think there's a bit of hypocrisy calling the HHI protocol unnecessary and without evidence if you cannot provide evidence for your own claim. Even if it's agreed upon in this forum that Clement's anti-fruit stance is ridiculous, that doesn't mean Hippocrates hasn't had success helping people heal from disease. Algae's, micro-greens and sprouts are still very healing foods and HHI promotes the same type of diet we all do... 100% raw plant-based.

Do I think part of his anti-fruit teachings are due to a deeply rooted HHI philosophy and that admitting some fruits are very beneficial would go against what he's been preaching for decades and make him look a bit silly so he just turns his head the other way at times? Yes. Do I think this makes him completely uncredible? No.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: January 13, 2018 03:45AM

I would say that people heal in all sorts of ways and that he has not provided any evidence of the outcomes or statistics after people stay there and certainly failures are covered up.

There are many anecdotes of people healing on their own after moving to raw diet, just like people who go to hhi or fasting center. and I am not saying that nothing positive results from these things including hhi.

The confounding factor is that the body is the primary force in healing in my opinion (i know you may not agree) and that cessation of damaging factors leads to health, not additions of substances or treatments.

so too much credit given to hhi for example with no objective evidence of the efficacy.

and both of those knuckleheads saying one banana is max for a day is nutty.

i posted the video of lockman knocking down their logic on fruit above.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2018 03:54AM by fresh.

Date: January 14, 2018 08:56AM

Fresh
and both of those knuckleheads saying one banana is max for a day is nutty.

Tai.
It's tragic unless a person really has a true problem with fruit.

Robert Morse sometimes gets HHI clients that do better on his program, which means they had a higher need for fruit.

I just bought 77 citrus fruits for 7-10 days. (34 giant melo golds, 18 pink grapefruits and 25 cara caras). 2 melo golds, 1 grapefruit and one cara cara yielded over a quart of juice, so I think I will do 8 per day at a minimum. That juice was rich in antioxidants. Liquid medicine. This might seem like a lot but I am going to do a cleanse.
I also have a lot of organic blackberries I got on sale, so I am eating them with banana and durian, how could I choose only one fruit of all these?

Date: January 14, 2018 02:52PM

They did project onto the screen quote from the bible.
And fruit shalt be our food.

Here some of images

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: January 14, 2018 04:42PM

didn't anyone ask the million dollar question? If we can't eat fruit and cooked food then what do we eat?

Can anyone give a day's meal from Clement's recommendations?

Date: January 14, 2018 06:36PM

Anon 102
didn't anyone ask the million dollar question? If we can't eat fruit and cooked food then what do we eat?

You are so correct.

That is the big question.

And what makes it so difficult is that they are saying you cannot blend too.
At least if we could blend raw food, then one could make nice raw soups for the family. You cannot blend more than 7 seconds.

I raised my hands but could not be noticed to ask a question there were too many questions. The good thing is that they are coming back on Feb 2 so I will try again.

One lady did ask about protein if you cannot eat meat and Brian said that the highest protein source was in blue green algae and that is were one should get protein from. Which is a problem because blue green algae are expensive and cannot be made into an appetizing meal for a whole family especially when you have children.

Date: January 14, 2018 06:52PM

From BC directly to me...

distilled water, a large amount of various sprouts eaten as salad 2x per day, organic almonds, wheat grass juice 2x per day as well as green juice (celery, cucumber, sprouts) 2x per day. I fast one day each week on Wednesday and take supplements (living food) to support my health. I do not eat cooked foods except maybe a raw vegan cereal once in a while if I am hungry. I eat fruit (apples/tomato/raspberries, strawberries, pears only one day per week and it is a sensible serving.

(I guess you are free to believe it if you wish. Just like you may believe gc did 600 pullups straight. Trust me... above is insufficient calories)

So you should get protein only from the alleged highest source? Absurd. Especially since it depends on how much you can eat of something.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 06:57PM by fresh.

Date: January 14, 2018 06:57PM

Anon 102

Tai
From what I know, Brian eats salad with sprouts and green juice and all his vast supplements, including 20 enzymes daily.
He eats between 0-20% calories as cooked food depending if he travels or whatever.
Brian said that he gains weight on fruit. He seems to have a slow metabolism. Even though he lifts weights and is very solid, he is on the petite side, so he doesn't have a big calorie need. I remember him saying, he eats 2-3 serving of fruit a week.

Also people who were once extreme and bad go to extremes to be "good". My friend who used to be a bad smoker with an eating disorder now refuses to let any smoke of any kind go near her (what about campfires?), which is annoying in crowded public places. Brian used to eat bad and smoke, so he is now extra strict with himself. Lou corona used to win eating contests and got a big tumor from it, and then went totally raw. Ann wigmore ate a lot of bad pastries for years and got really sick before becoming strict.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables