Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Brian Clement & Gabriel Cousens - Living Food Seminar - Sat, January 6, 2018
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 14, 2018 07:21PM

Gains weight on fruit?

Come on now.

So according to Brian we should avoid those foods that are best suited for us because they cause cancer and we should eat foods that are hard to digest and then take 20 supplements to compensate that's what he recommends

Loren is the only one who knows what he's talking about and walks his talk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 07:23PM by fresh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brian Clement & Gabriel Cousens - Living Food Seminar - Sat, January 6, 2018
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 14, 2018 07:47PM

Raw Practicalist
And what makes it so difficult is that they are saying you cannot blend too.
At least if we could blend raw food, then one could make nice raw soups for the family. You cannot blend more than 7 seconds.

Tai
Ann wigmore taught the energy soup and she fed big men that way. What a thoughtful woman. A tall tennis player on her program told me that he can follow Ann's way but not Brian's. He said he couldn't only live on salad and juice.

Raw Practicalist
One lady did ask about protein if you cannot eat meat and Brian said that the highest protein source was in blue green algae and that is were one should get protein from.

Tai.
That does sound like a sales ad. Each batch of Blue green algae must be tested in a lab to make sure it won't kill you.

[m.northcoastjournal.com]

[www.heraldandnews.com]

Tai
Is this from animal manure? Is that why blue green algae is so rich in b12? This is why some people don't view it as truly vegan

A changing landscape

Significantly, she also said “AFA isn’t present in the sediment record until about the turn of the century. So prior to European settlement, AFA really wasn’t here. So there’s certainly a correlation there.”

The impact of agriculture on the enviornment is backed by data from the Bureau of Reclamation and the United States Geological Survey.

According to the Bureau of Reclamation’s Long-Term Water Quality Monitoring Program in Upper Klamath Lake, Oregon report, “The most significant changes in the basin during the 20th century were the result of agricultural modifications,” particularly the draining of marshes, the elimination of riparian vegetation and agricultural runoff of phosphorous and nitrogen. Although, agriculture is not the only factor impacting blue-green algae levels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 08:39PM by Tai.

Date: January 14, 2018 08:10PM

fresh
Gains weight on fruit?

Tai
Yeah. Andrew perlot proved it's possible for men. Durianrider's and freelee' s followers proved it too. But all that means is that Brian should skip all fat like almonds if he needs more fruit. He shouldn't eat almonds and say fruit makes him gain weight. He would have to be fat free to make that claim.
Anyway, I believe him that he can gain weight easily because he doesn't need that many calories

Fresh
then take 20 supplements to compensate

Tai
He said he takes 20 for anti-aging not because he needs digestive help. He recommends others take them to digest raw food when they first begin raw

Date: January 14, 2018 08:17PM

Tai,

>Yeah. Andrew perlot proved it's possible for men.

that's not the point. andrew was forcing fruit in.
brian was not doing or claiming that.

>>Durianrider's and freelee' s followers proved it too. But all that means is that Brian should skip all fat like almonds if he needs more fruit. He shouldn't eat almonds and say fruit makes him gain weight. He would have to be fat free to make that claim.

true

>>Anyway, I believe him that he can gain weight easily because he doesn't need that many calories

can't be the cooked food. must be the fruit. eye rolling smiley

these associations brian makes are not scientific
fruit- cancer
fruit- fat
bga - best protein
etc

he tries so hard to portray himself as scientific precisely because he is not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 08:22PM by fresh.

Date: January 14, 2018 09:03PM

now on to gabriel..

more confusing nonsense

[info.treeoflifecenterus.com]

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: January 14, 2018 09:29PM

fresh
From BC directly to me...

distilled water, a large amount of various sprouts eaten as salad 2x per day, organic almonds, wheat grass juice 2x per day as well as green juice (celery, cucumber, sprouts) 2x per day. I fast one day each week on Wednesday and take supplements (living food) to support my health. I do not eat cooked foods except maybe a raw vegan cereal once in a while if I am hungry. I eat fruit (apples/tomato/raspberries, strawberries, pears only one day per week and it is a sensible serving.

(I guess you are free to believe it if you wish. Just like you may believe gc did 600 pullups straight. Trust me... above is insufficient calories)

So you should get protein only from the alleged highest source? Absurd. Especially since it depends on how much you can eat of something.

I agree. Too little calories, and taste not pleasant enough to keep me on that diet. Clement looks a little too well fed to be living on sprouts and leaves, imo. But hey, what do I know?

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: January 14, 2018 09:32PM

These raw gurus are all deceptive It's just the degree of deception that separates them.

Date: January 14, 2018 10:29PM

....He said he takes 20 for anti-aging not because he needs digestive help.

Ok. I thought you said enzymes so I figured digestive...Do you know what they are?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 10:32PM by fresh.

Date: January 15, 2018 01:04AM

fresh
....He said he takes 20 for anti-aging not because he needs digestive help.

Ok. I thought you said enzymes so I figured digestive...Do you know what they are?

Tai
He didn't say. My guess is both digestive enzymes and systemic enzymes, which is what HHI sells. Veggie capsules open into the stomach, which is what his company uses. (Fyi, Some of the more powerful systemic enzymes are enteric coated and open into the small intestine.)

Lou corona takes 20 enzymes daily too for anti-aging and he's all raw.

Date: January 15, 2018 01:48AM

Anon 102
These raw gurus are all deceptive It's just the degree of deception that separates them.

Clement looks a little too well fed to be living on sprouts and leaves, imo. But hey, what do I know?

Tai
He openly says he eats cooked food. Maybe he rarely ate cooked when he wrote to fresh. Brian said his family cooks at home but they go by the 20% rule.

He seems to believe what he says, but he's dealing with people who can pay a lot for food and kitchen help. It seems he's not addressing the poorer people, because then he would discuss fruit more sensibly.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 15, 2018 01:55AM

Thanks Tai for the info on blue green algae.

Yes you are correct Brian body is small.

I am about the same size so that gave me some comfort but I guess he is probably healthier than me. I do not take supplements.
Before meeting him, I thought he was bigger from some pictures I saw on the net.

Gabriel is taller and thinner but I think he is very healthy too especially for his age.
So the comments that he cannot lift a cup of tea are not correct.

My personal views are that the services they provide are good even thought it may be expensive. In conventional medicine, many spend thousands on surgery and treatment and do not get cured. But Brian and Gabriel provide the sick with a regime and life style change so in the long run it is very good.

Some aspects may be too extreme like not eating fruits and not blending but overall it is good.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 02:02AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: January 15, 2018 03:33AM

Is blending bad as Brian and gabriel says?
brian says it destroys 92% of the enzymes and vitamins and
gabriel says it destroys the "energy"

here's a little article discussing this topic rationally

Does Blending Green Smoothies Destroy 90% Of Nutrients?
by TRACY RUSSELL

“I have been on such a green smoothie kick lately and then a vegan forum I’m part of posted a link from the Hippocrates center which stated that the high speed of blenders oxidizes and destroys up to 85-92% of the vitamins and enzymes, which bums me out since I spend a lot on organic produce. What are your thought in this?” – N

I’m so glad you asked this question because I’ve been meaning to address this claim for some time.

The short answer is, “no”.

Dr. Brian Clement, director of the Hippocrates Health Institute, has made several statements online claiming that green smoothies should not be considered “health food” and should instead be considered “recreational” because the act of blending them for 90-120 seconds destroys anywhere from 85-92% of nutrients in a smoothie.

If this was true, a typical green smoothie would only contain 8-15% of the nutrients in the fruit and greens that you put in the blender. That’s what Dr. Clement wants you to think.

Nutrient Loss Through Blending
His premise is (overly) simple. Oxidation caused by oxygen being sucked into the blender during a blend cycle “destroys” nutrients in the food that would otherwise be preserved if eaten in its solid state.

Now I’m not denying that some nutrient loss does occur from blending. However, oxidation occurs when whole foods are juiced, cut, chopped, shredded, peeled, chewed, dehydrated and otherwise exposed to air. Nutrients in food begin to degrade the instant they are harvested, exposed to UV light and heat.

You can’t get 100% of the nutrients in every food unless you get down on all fours and eat plants right out of the soil they grow in.

But that doesn’t mean that the kale sitting in your refrigerator right now is devoid of nutrients – or unhealthy. And it certainly doesn’t mean that green smoothies are junk food.

Where’s The Proof?
I haven’t seen Dr. Clement cite any specific research (and lab tests) that he has done to show that blending causes up to 92% nutrient loss. He doesn’t share any independent studies that show significant nutrient loss from blending green smoothies.

Without knowing exactly how the “blender experiment” was conducted, it is hard to make any sort of independent analysis of his claims. Instead, he refers to his statements as “real science” (several times on one YouTube video) and dismisses the health claims of green smoothies as nothing more than hype from blender manufacturers.

Let’s Look At The Facts:
First of all, a professional blender blends a smoothie in 30 seconds or less, not 90-120 seconds (the time it takes, he claims, to cause 92% nutrient loss). I certainly wouldn’t blend a green smoothie for a solid two minutes (there’s absolutely no need to blend that long), but even so, I doubt that it would result in 92% nutrient loss.

Secondly, green smoothies are loaded with antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, flavonoids, and carotenoids that help reduce and prevent oxidation.

Victoria Boutenko conducted an experiment on potatoes where she juiced one and blended the other. After two days, the blended potato had very little oxidation, most of which was at the top of the glass where the liquid was exposed to air. The juiced potato turned brown and oxidized much more rapidly.

This is indeed ironic since Dr. Clement promotes juicing as a much more superior way of processing food.

Bias, Alarmism, and Click Bait
Dr. Clement has a clear bias against a diet that includes green smoothies. He frequently goes on the offensive against high carbohydrate diets. Green smoothies are within his cross hairs.

He has a lot at stake for promoting his version of a raw food diet and exposing all other versions as unhealthy, despite the fact that many thousands of people have changed their lives with green smoothies.

What better way to attract a lot of attention (website traffic) than to make a claim that green smoothies, despite their wild popularity, are devoid of up to 92% of their nutrients?

Statements like that bring people to his website and it gets them talking. But wild claims about green smoothies being junk food doesn’t automatically make him a scientific authority on the subject.

By the way, claims such as his are rampant in the natural health blogosphere. I kid you not, you can find an article (and I’ve read them all) exposing the devastating health consequences of eating healthy foods like kale, nuts, beans, quinoa, rice, fruit, and various seeds.

This sort of click bait alarmism ignores the bigger picture, while confusing and misleading people who are trying to better their eating habits. It makes me so mad.

Mixed Messages
A quick visit to the Hippocrates Health Institute website revealed many products for sale like almond butter, raw hummus, flax crackers, dried vegetables, and all manner of processed foods exposed to ample amounts of oxygen, then packaged and available for sale. They also sell dehydrators in their online store.

Why would a green smoothie that is made fresh and drunk immediately be less healthy than a package of raw pumpkin seed butter that has been thoroughly processed (and exposed to air)?

How is a green smoothie not healthy but a food that has been sitting in a dehydrator with a fan blowing oxygen through it for 12 hours or more considered healthy and endorsed by Dr. Clement?

Also, the Hippocrates Institute is still promoting acid/alkaline theory, colonics, food combining, and vital enzymes – all of which are not supported by modern science and not even supported by all natural health professionals. That right there makes me suspicious of some of his other claims.

The Facts Don’t Match His Claim
Basically, I don’t trust Dr. Clement’s claim about the nutritional vitality of green smoothies. I suspect there is a strong bias against green smoothies since they are inconsistent with his dietary philosophies.

The realities of what I see on a daily basis with green smoothies contradict his claim about the health benefits of blending.

Green smoothies have been a significant part of my diet since January 2008. I have never been deficient in vitamins or minerals. My blood work is consistently normal – with all markers in the healthy range. I show no signs of consuming “junk food” that has been devoid of nutrients.

Green smoothies are life changing, whole foods that will work wonders for your health. They provide a wealth of health benefits that are clearly documented.

Almost daily, I get e-mails from people who have lost weight, normalized blood sugar, lowered blood pressure, reduced high cholesterol, reduced or eliminated the need for medications, and directly addressed nutrient deficiencies.

Green smoothies were instrumental in my 40-pound weight loss, and they completely changed my life!

That’s pretty amazing for a beverage that supposedly has lost 92% of its nutrients from blending.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 15, 2018 12:32PM

This posting closes the debate on green smoothies.
Thanks for sharing fresh.

Date: January 15, 2018 08:22PM

Ann wigmore's green smoothies were the focus of two lawsuits.

"The U.S. attorney general successfully sued Wigmore in 1982 for claiming her “energy enzyme soup” could eliminate the need for insulin in diabetics and again in 1988 for saying her living foods diet could cure AIDS."

[www.google.com]

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Ann wigmore believed in her energy soup. Green smoothies are great, so much so that she thought they could cure disease. Strange that Brian would belittle them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 08:50PM by Tai.

Date: January 15, 2018 10:39PM

[youtu.be]

Go to 13 minutes where Brian spouts all kinds of gibberish, and claims that fructose causes the body and brain to not work well and promotes fat. Then note that he eats fruit weekly that he claims destroys the body. Remember that he also said that patients at his Institute did better after they removed fruit but that does not mean anything because it was not a study.. could have been that they were eating too much could have been that they were eating fruit on top of other Foods could have been a lot of things could have been his imagination

And you would think the following fact would be a good thing
"
Glucose and maltose will raise blood glucose levels most rapidly of all the sugars and therefore increases insulin secretion. Whereas fructose will have the least effect on glucose and insulin,"

Weird how he lives in opposite world.

Nevermind the fact that sprouts contain various sugars including fructose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 10:52PM by fresh.

Date: January 16, 2018 01:04AM

Fresh
that fructose causes the body and brain to not work well

Tai
Is that fructose in isolation or as fruit?
Whole fruit is good for brain

The young man cured of epilepsy on fruit (lots of oranges and bananas)
[youtu.be]

Girl cured of brain cancer on fruit and veggies
[youtu.be]

And Robert Morse's clients.
Etc...

Date: January 16, 2018 02:00AM

Tai
Is that fructose in isolation or as fruit?
Whole fruit is good for brain

AS FRUIT itself

Date: January 16, 2018 02:36AM

fructose per brian clement
he does not differentiate between fructose and fruit
he might claim that he's talking about modern hybridized high sugar fruit
or he might claim that he's talking about high amounts of sugar
but that is not what he SAYS in his talk.

and again he eats fruit

"not the preferred energy source of muscle or brain"

"the body does not want fruit sugar"

"impairs your thought patterns"

"acts like fat in the body"

"reduces oxygen"

of course its not the preferred source ! it's converted into glucose!

"Under one percent of ingested fructose is directly converted to plasma triglyceride. 29% - 54% of fructose is converted in liver to glucose, and about quarter of fructose is converted to lactate. 15% - 18% is converted to glycogen"

so what's wrong with the above? it's beautiful!

plus fruit is not just fructose
it contains sucrose and glucose

and what HE eats does not contain the PREFERRED fuel for the brain.
does that trouble him?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 02:40AM by fresh.

Date: January 16, 2018 03:28AM

2014 interview excerpt on fruit.
[www.spiritofchange.org]

Carol Bedrosian: Can you talk a little bit about fruit and the evolution of fruit?

Brian Clement: Yeah this is a scary thing. The easiest diet to be on was called raw food when it contained lots of fruit. The one thing we all want is sugar; we’re all sugar addicts. What the health industry has learned to do is make white sugar the bad guy, but somehow leads you to believe that other forms of sugar, like fructose, are perfectly healthy.

A woman who came to us with stage four breast cancer, reversed it and wrote a book called How I Conquered Cancer Naturally. She would come to Hippocrates and speak, and one day she called to say her tumors were growing back, but not the cancer. It took her three years to figure out that it was all the dates she was eating in her desert part of Southern California, over a pound a day. When date season was over, her tumors shrunk. The fruit was causing the growth of the cancer, so we removed fruit from the diet of anyone with cancer. I had to go out and tell people not only do you have to give up meat and dairy and eat mostly raw food, but you have to stop eating fruit. I was like the Grim Reaper!

Here’s a funny story. I’m flying to Los Angeles, and this guy sitting next to me asks, “What do you do?” “Director of an alternative health center in Boston,” I said. “It’s not Hippocrates, is it?” he asked, and told me his aunt had lived there, had pancreatic cancer and had recovered from it. I asked him what he did, and he said he was an expert in fruit. He was sorry he ever opened his mouth to me! I almost jumped on top of him and I pushed him for an hour.

What I got out of him was really remarkable. I was stunned. He said 85% of the fruit we eat today has all been hybridized. Just to give you an example he said, “What’s your favorite orange?” Well, that was easy because it’s the sweetest one. It’s called the Honeybell. He said that was developed back 30-some years earlier as a splicing between a tangerine and a grapefruit. He asked what my favorite apple was. “Red Delicious,” I said. He said Red Delicious has 50 times more sugar than the original apple. “Was the original apple sour?” I asked. He replied, “Do you like crab apples?” “Too sour,” I said. The original apple was more sour than a crab apple, he said!

The average amount of sugar increase in fruit is 30 times across the board, some are 50, some are 20, and 85% of the fruit you’re now eating is hybrid. No fruit is picked ripe. Even organic fruit — unless you’re at the organic farm and the wind blows and the fruit falls and you get it before the birds and the bugs, or you shake the tree gently and it falls — all fruit sold commercially, even organic, is picked unripened because they cannot ship ripe fruit. So you now have the secondary problem — acid sugar — because this unripened fruit creates acidity in the body, rots your bones and your cells, weakens your immune system, and pits your teeth.

Now the third issue is that your pancreas doesn’t work. If you go back only a century ago, most likely our families would not have eaten processed sugar. The only people that ate processed, white sugar in those days, were the very elite wealthy. In a year those people ate about 2 pounds — a kilo of sugar a year — at Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter or celebrations. Today it’s just the opposite: the poorer you are, the more sugar you’ve eaten. So the average person who’s poor in the United States eats 160 pounds of sugar in a year. Better educated, wealthier people consume 120 pounds a year, but here’s the real problem: The average American child below 16 consumes double their weight in sugar a year, and a hundred pound child would consume 200 pounds of sugar.

We broke the pancreas. The pancreas regulates sugar and now you’re putting massive sugar in it, and so the whole idea of “fruit is normal” – yes, it was normal hundreds of thousands of years ago. It’s no longer normal. So we pulled it out from our diet and took it away from people with viruses, molds, yeasts, fungus, bacteria, certainly low and high blood sugar, hypoglycemia and diabetes, but we were the oddballs then. Now every major institute that has legitimate doctors in it for cancer, be it Sloan Kettering or Mass General, the doctors are telling people not to eat fruit.

Carol Bedrosian: So all the fruit juices and smoothies that people are eating that are mostly fruit are actually not very healthy?

Brian Clement: Not healthy. They’re all unripened, even if they’re organic. Now, let me not go completely nuts here either. I’d much rather see you take a fruit smoothie with organic fruit that’s unripened than a soda, yes. But it’s not a real option. It’s like asking, “Do you want to be stabbed by a knife or an axe?”

A little bit of ripe organic fruit when you don’t have a disease is perfectly fine. We did the work at Tufts University when we were still in Boston. We found out that a healthy person can eat up to 15% of their diet by weight as ripe organic fruit and you won’t have extra sugar in the bloodstream. Once you get over a disease, which is your objective, you can eat that much fruit, but you always have to make sure it’s ripe.

Some of the fruits that we know are almost always picked ripe are apples, but now the latest thing is they’re making genetically modified apples that ripen way ahead of time so you’ve got to watch for that. Choose organic food or you’ll be eating genetically modified food. So there is a time when a little bit of fruit is okay, but you can live without it; you don’t need it.

Carol Bedrosian: I’d always heard that fruit is supposed to be nature’s perfect food for the human being, but perhaps that was the original forms of fruit and not the hybrids we’re eating now.

Brian Clement: You hit it. I honestly believe the original diet of man was fruit. Geological anthropologists tell us that we had seven times more oxygen than we’re breathing now. Can you imagine if they gave us seven times, or six times, or four times more, we’d all pass out. It was a totally different environment on the planet then and people were also different than we are today. The other thing you have to understand is that all the original fruit had little to no sugar in it, plus you were expending massive amounts of energy. Primal people were constantly moving. They were either laying down sleeping or moving. Even 700 years ago we were nomadic, moving.

Date: January 16, 2018 03:44AM

>>>>A woman who came to us with stage four breast cancer, reversed it and wrote a book called How I Conquered Cancer Naturally. She would come to Hippocrates and speak, and one day she called to say her tumors were growing back, but not the cancer. It took her three years to figure out that it was all the dates she was eating in her desert part of Southern California, over a pound a day. When date season was over, her tumors shrunk. The fruit was causing the growth of the cancer, so we removed fruit from the diet of anyone with cancer. I had to go out and tell people not only do you have to give up meat and dairy and eat mostly raw food, but you have to stop eating fruit. I was like the Grim Reaper!

Intelligent people do not make claims like this. they provide evidence .
he has NEVER provided any evidence of this claim. NONE!
and he doesn't care! he expects people to believe him!

and they do!

>>What I got out of him was really remarkable. I was stunned. He said 85% of the fruit we eat today has all been hybridized.

so what?

has he proven somewhere that hybridized = BAD?
show me!

>>>Just to give you an example he said, “What’s your favorite orange?” Well, that was easy because it’s the sweetest one. It’s called the Honeybell. He said that was developed back 30-some years earlier as a splicing between a tangerine and a grapefruit. He asked what my favorite apple was. “Red Delicious,” I said. He said Red Delicious has 50 times more sugar than the original apple. “Was the original apple sour?” I asked. He replied, “Do you like crab apples?” “Too sour,” I said. The original apple was more sour than a crab apple, he said!

The average amount of sugar increase in fruit is 30 times across the board, some are 50, some are 20, and 85% of the fruit you’re now eating is hybrid. No fruit is picked ripe. Even organic fruit — unless you’re at the organic farm and the wind blows and the fruit falls and you get it before the birds and the bugs, or you shake the tree gently and it falls — all fruit sold commercially, even organic, is picked unripened because they cannot ship ripe fruit. So you now have the secondary problem — acid sugar — because this unripened fruit creates acidity in the body, rots your bones and your cells, weakens your immune system, and pits your teeth.

1. there was plenty of sweet fruit in the past
2. it doesn't matter how much sugar it has, all that means is that we don't need to sit there all day and eat. it's more efficient. it's not a bad thing. all we need to do is insure that we have enough nutrients, and not too much.
3. the issue of unripe fruit is overblown and the fruit that is available either ripens off the vine or does not need to ripen any further. the fruit is not "acidic", he should prove it instead of CLAIMING that it is a problem.

>>>We broke the pancreas. The pancreas regulates sugar and now you’re putting massive sugar in it, and so the whole idea of “fruit is normal” – yes, it was normal hundreds of thousands of years ago. It’s no longer normal. So we pulled it out from our diet and took it away from people with viruses, molds, yeasts, fungus, bacteria, certainly low and high blood sugar, hypoglycemia and diabetes, but we were the oddballs then. Now every major institute that has legitimate doctors in it for cancer, be it Sloan Kettering or Mass General, the doctors are telling people not to eat fruit.

"doctor" brian. please explain WHY I do not have any of the following:

Signs and Symptoms of a Pancreatic Disorder
Pain in the upper abdomen.
Yellowing of the skin and eyes (Jaundice)
Bloating.
Back pain.
Loss of appetite.
Weight loss.
Vomiting.
Nausea

if you cannot explain it, BRIAN, then SHUT UP!
can anyone show this post to brian?

>>>>A little bit of ripe organic fruit when you don’t have a disease is perfectly fine. We did the work at Tufts University when we were still in Boston. We found out that a healthy person can eat up to 15% of their diet by weight as ripe organic fruit and you won’t have extra sugar in the bloodstream. Once you get over a disease, which is your objective, you can eat that much fruit, but you always have to make sure it’s ripe.

SHOW THE STUDY, OR BE QUIET.

Date: January 16, 2018 05:30AM

[joanvalentinefoundation.org]

He made the decision more than 30 years ago when he removed all types of sugar, including carrot juice and beet juice, from the diets of four people who had cancer and allowed four other people to have fructose so he could monitor the effects.
“We saw radical improvements in people (who were banned from having fructose) and people who were not getting well before started to get well,” he said.
After that, he was convinced that fruit didn’t have any place in the diet of sick people.
“When we first said this, can you imagine what a hard sell it was?” he asked. “We had to tell people, ‘You have to give up meat. You have to give up dairy. You have to give up cooked food and by the way you can’t eat fruit either when you’re sick.

: You have to be a Nazi on this one. “You don’t touch fruit. You don’t look at fruit.”I even say, “You don’t even walk on the same side of the street as fruit.” People make all these stories that have no bearing on reality like if you mix greens with fruit, which you shouldn’t do to begin with, it balances it out. That’s not true. Sugar is sugar. You don’t evaporate the fructose that’s in there. … There is no difference between high fructose corn syrup and mango fructose – just higher amounts.

You’ve got to be cautious if you give people one piece (of fruit). Where are they going to get ripened fruit? It’s non-existent. Are they going to stop at one piece of fruit? I know I wouldn’t have at one point. Lettuce has, if you eat adequate amounts, all of the amounts of glucose your body needs.

Date: January 16, 2018 05:53AM

Tai
[joanvalentinefoundation.org]

He made the decision more than 30 years ago when he removed all types of sugar, including carrot juice and beet juice, from the diets of four people who had cancer and allowed four other people to have fructose so he could monitor the effects.
“We saw radical improvements in people (who were banned from having fructose) and people who were not getting well before started to get well,” he said.
After that, he was convinced that fruit didn’t have any place in the diet of sick people.
“When we first said this, can you imagine what a hard sell it was?” he asked. “We had to tell people, ‘You have to give up meat. You have to give up dairy. You have to give up cooked food and by the way you can’t eat fruit either when you’re sick.

: You have to be a Nazi on this one. “You don’t touch fruit. You don’t look at fruit.”I even say, “You don’t even walk on the same side of the street as fruit.” People make all these stories that have no bearing on reality like if you mix greens with fruit, which you shouldn’t do to begin with, it balances it out. That’s not true. Sugar is sugar. You don’t evaporate the fructose that’s in there. … There is no difference between high fructose corn syrup and mango fructose – just higher amounts.

You’ve got to be cautious if you give people one piece (of fruit). Where are they going to get ripened fruit? It’s non-existent. Are they going to stop at one piece of fruit? I know I wouldn’t have at one point. Lettuce has, if you eat adequate amounts, all of the amounts of glucose your body needs.

this is a joke right?

first paragraph is an ANECDOTE
and it means nothing

hfcs is the same as a mango. brilliant. has he ever seen hfcs made?

so now people should eat (juice?) 20 heads of romaine lettuce (he said lettuce right?) per day to get their glucose if they're sick. brilliant.

guess what romaine consists of?
GLUCOSE AND FRUCTOSE
DOUBLE THE amount of fructose compared to glucose.

the guy is an ignoramus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 05:54AM by fresh.

Date: January 16, 2018 08:54AM

Brian:
The average amount of sugar increase in fruit is 30 times across the board, some are 50, some are 20, and 85% of the fruit you’re now eating is hybrid.

Tai
I wonder.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

I have eaten wild forest strawberries and even though they were small, they were very sweet. Plus, the best strawberries I ever ate were from a farm in santa cruz, ca, where the farmer fertilized his strawberries with red pepper compost. The sweet peppers made his strawberries sweeter. Cultivation matters.

History of apples

[www.history.com]

Date: January 16, 2018 02:16PM

I've already posted this here couple times
[deniseminger.com]

Date: January 16, 2018 08:24PM

Sugar consumption and cancer

[youtu.be]

Here Brian acknowledges the power of grapefruit at the end of the video. Ripeness of course matters but that doesn't mean ripe citrus can't be shipped across the US. I know because i bought good citrus on the east coast.i usually handpick each fruit.

Date: January 16, 2018 09:12PM

Funny how monkeys and chimps eat unripe fruit all the time. They don't wait till perfect ripeness

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 16, 2018 09:24PM

fresh
Funny how monkeys and chimps eat unripe fruit all the time. They don't wait till perfect ripeness

Well that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good for them. Besides, unripe fruit is probably a better option than starving.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: January 16, 2018 09:40PM

[youtu.be]

An open debate on fruit sugar.

In this video, Robert Morse gives Brian Clement a 30 minute message.

It's a good video but Robert is making a similar mistake by not encouraging green juice and smoothies more. For people with good teeth, they can chew greens, but very sick or old people or those with bad teeth can't and using a blender and juicer for greens comes before spending tons of money on other things.
And it's wrong to say alfalfa is better than wheatgrass. They both have unique properties. He's not going to impress Brian Clement saying that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 09:45PM by Tai.

Date: January 16, 2018 09:42PM

jtprindl
fresh

Well that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good for them. Besides, unripe fruit is probably a better option than starving.

What it means is that they do not suffer from the bodily destruction that Brian says happens when you eat unripe fruit. That was the implication of my post.

Date: January 16, 2018 10:43PM

Tai

That was one of the best videos I have ever seen.
Thank you.
Confirms all I have said.
What does he mean by "Brian get rid of your hitchhiker"?

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables