Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The deception of certified organic fruits
Date: January 09, 2018 01:47AM

True chemical free fruits (stone fruit)

When you go to a farm and pick chemical free fruit yourself, in particular stone fruits, you will find that the fruits start going moldy from the second day. If I buy a big box of stone fruits l will need to go through the box at least once per day to pick out all the moldy and rotting fruits.

Shop sold certified organic fruits (stone fruit) - not chemical free IMO

When you pay for expensive certified organic' stone fruits from a shop it's shelf life is much better. The fruits don't mold everyday, and no small bugs will eat the fruit. I believe the fruits must be sprayed to enhance the shelf life and to keep bugs away.

Do the labels of certified organic allow for certain types of spraying?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The deception of certified organic fruits
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 09, 2018 09:58AM

The problem for me is not even the organic non organic distinction.
It is hard to find fruits that are naturally ripening especially in the winter.
The other day I bought three very larges florida avocados that were hard and left them on the counter to ripen. When they did after a day or two the inside was dark.

The banana is even worse.

So I am trying to rethink, do I really need fruits when I have all these micro greens whose growing environment I control?

Brian Clement and Gabriel Cousens were in New York this past Saturday, at their lecture, they did not recommend eating fruits, and one lady asked how much fruits per day, and Gabriel Cousens said at most one banana or (size of) per day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 10:08AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 09, 2018 04:57PM

I can't speak for the Florida avocados because they're too bland for me but for the Hass avocados they are not even worth buying around here for 6 months out of the year I don't even know why they bother selling it

How are you going to get enough calories just on microgreens

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 04:57PM by fresh.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 09, 2018 05:40PM

Raw Practicalist can you share more about their talk under the other thread you created. I want to hear more. I understand how they can get along so well, if they are both so down on fruit.
I stayed in the northeast in the dead of winter in bad snow and i still found enough good fruit and vegetables to heal someone. I DO NOT agree with Brian and Gabriel on this point of only one fruit a day max. It depends on the person and their particular needs. Remember that young man who was cured of severe epilepsy after 6 months on a fruit diet? And robert Morse has had success with tough cases like paralysis, spina bifida, scoliosis, cancer, etc.

There is something seriously wrong with these prolific authors to ignore such profound case studies.

Before the leukemia scandal, I met Brian and he looked super healthy. He was stunning for his age. I think the bad media coverage aged him. But with his amazingly potent supplements (and gabriel too) , they don't need much fruit at their age after cleansing for decades. But for someone who can't afford an expensive whole food vitamin c supplement, they need fruit. And for someone with weak digestion, the right fruit is ideal food.
And for those who are surrounded by sunripened organic fruit, it is ideal food.
Amen.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 09, 2018 06:02PM

Tai
Raw Practicalist can you share more about their talk under the other thread you created. I want to hear more. I understand how they can get along so well, if they are both so down on fruit.
I stayed in the northeast in the dead of winter in bad snow and i still found enough good fruit and vegetables to heal someone. I DO NOT agree with Brian and Gabriel on this point of only one fruit a day max. It depends on the person and their particular needs. Remember that young man who was cured of severe epilepsy after 6 months on a fruit diet? And robert Morse has had success with tough cases like paralysis, spina bifida, scoliosis, cancer, etc.

There is something seriously wrong with these prolific authors to ignore such profound case studies.

Before the leukemia scandal, I met Brian and he looked super healthy. He was stunning for his age. I think the bad media coverage aged him. But with his amazingly potent supplements (and gabriel too) , they don't need much fruit at their age after cleansing for decades. But for someone who can't afford an expensive whole food vitamin c supplement, they need fruit. And for someone with weak digestion, the right fruit is ideal food.
And for those who are surrounded by sunripened organic fruit, it is ideal food.
Amen.

Amen indeed

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 10, 2018 04:01AM

I disagree with Clement and Cousens as well if they claim at most one piece of fruit daily. However, I do think that most organic store fruit is sub-optimal and not naturally ripe. In general I think there's only few fruits that are worth being dietary staples anyways... Primarily berries, pomegranates and citrus. It'd be foolish to deny the healing properties of certain fruits.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 10, 2018 04:31AM

Raw Practicalist:
The other day I bought three very larges florida avocados that were hard and left them on the counter to ripen. When they did after a day or two the inside was dark.

Tai
That's just a fact of life with fruit. Some fruit will just be rotten. I recently bought 16 mangoes for $8. They were on sale like never before. When they ripened, I found out why they were so cheap. A third of them were brown inside. Most of them were hardly sweet, despite fully ripening. So, the manager discovered they got a bad batch and heavily discounted them WITHOUT warning the consumers. But I learned a lesson. After 16 mangoes, I was able to spot a bad mango through touch and sight. So it wasn't a total waste. It's just important to hand pick each fruit, if possible.

TSM:
When you go to a farm and pick chemical free fruit yourself, in particular stone fruits, you will find that the fruits start going moldy from the second day.

Tai:
Maybe it depends on the temperature. In 70-80 degree farenheit, I don't witness that.

Date: January 10, 2018 07:57AM

RawPracticalist
The problem for me is not even the organic non organic distinction.

The banana is even worse.

So I am trying to rethink, do I really need fruits when I have all these micro greens whose growing environment I control?

Exactly, finding ripe fruit is so difficult.

jtprindl
I disagree with Clement and Cousens as well if they claim at most one piece of fruit daily. However, I do think that most organic store fruit is sub-optimal and not naturally ripe. In general I think there's only few fruits that are worth being dietary staples anyways... Primarily berries, pomegranates and citrus. It'd be foolish to deny the healing properties of certain fruits.

Not being ripe is a big issue l also face, and Brian also talks alot about most fruit not being ripe.

The issue of limiting fruit due to sugar content is questionable. Is fruit sugar the same as extracted sugar? What about all those people who were fixed on high fruit diet? Brian's science may show sugar feeding cancer and people with bad pancreas (almost everyone according to Brian) can't have much sugar, but so many people do get healthier on fruit diets at least in the short term. It's best not to ignore the successes of Dr Morse and others,it's better to keep an open mind.

more perhaps later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 08:01AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: January 11, 2018 03:49AM

Tai

TSM:
When you go to a farm and pick chemical free fruit yourself, in particular stone fruits, you will find that the fruits start going moldy from the second day.

Tai:
Maybe it depends on the temperature. In 70-80 degree farenheit, I don't witness that.

I think it depends on much more than that. Various growing conditions outside of temp such as soil conditions bring on more mold I recall also. Maybe the certified organic people are looking after the soil better in order to avoid fast molding.

Note: even when my stone fruit is put in the cooler it will mold reasonably quickly, but at a slower rate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables