Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Would you eat 24 carat gold?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 12, 2018 07:51PM

I was at a trade show this weekend. John Kohler did a live demo there at Tribest but I missed it. Also at Tribest, where Steve Meyerowitz, the Sprout Man, would normally present (but passed on due to that accident) were his two sons who did a demo. I missed that too, but nice to see his sons involved. Pic of them:
[sproutman.com]

Anyway, so I got pulled aside at a booth and asked to eat 24k gold covered cardamon. I use cardamon in my formulas and there are many different types, plus there was saffron present too, so I tried a few. The guy kept trying to get me to eat more, but I thought my metal levels were already saturated by then.

What a trip...thought I would share...

[klgspice.com]

We created the world’s first gold covered natural spice breath freshener by infusing the finest Saffron with the highest quality Cardamom and covered it in 24k edible gold.

Our gold cardamom products are made with halal, kosher, vegan and gluten free certified ingredients. Gold Cardamom Fruitas are made in the USA and come in an 8g recyclable metal tin.

Strong, long lasting natural spice flavor
Halal, Kosher, Gluten Free, Vegan Certified ingredients
Made in the USA
Made from the highest quality Cardamom, Saffron, and 24k Edible Gold

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would you eat 24 carat gold?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 12, 2018 08:35PM

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[www.livestrong.com]

Allergy
One of the most common side effects of gold therapy is an allergic reaction. Gold alleviates arthritis and other inflammatory conditions by binding to specific proteins in your immune cells and interfering with the production of inflammatory chemicals. However, when gold attaches to these proteins, it alters their shape. This can prompt your immune system to recognize the proteins as “foreigners,” thus triggering an allergic response. In some cases, an allergic reaction to gold may not occur until you have taken it for a long time – sometimes many months.

Manifestations
Toxicity to gold compounds can develop in several of your organ systems. Oral gold preparations can cause diarrhea. Gold allergy can be manifested by rashes, itching and reddened skin. Bone marrow suppression – a side effect that can lead to anemia, bleeding problems or infections – is relatively common during gold therapy. Kidney and liver damage are also relatively common, so these organs’ functions must be monitored when you are taking gold. Any toxic reaction to gold mandates discontinuation of therapy and may require medical treatment.

Considerations
Gold has been used as an immune-suppressing drug for many years. Although it is now employed less frequently than in the past, new formulations – gold nanoparticles, for example – are being investigated for their utility in treating a number of conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis and cancer. If you already have liver or kidney disease, you should not take gold as it can further damage these organs. Your doctor is the best source of information regarding the uses and dangers of gold therapy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 08:39PM by Tai.

Re: Would you eat 24 carat gold?
Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: March 16, 2018 01:09AM

No, I would not eat it unless it was organically within my plant foods.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables