Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The ups and downs
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: March 15, 2018 06:35PM

So my diet has been a rollercoaster the last couple of years but i am trying to go back to mostly raw. I am coming from a much higher protein and fat diet. i have been sticking to the mostly raw regimen for the last 4 days. Since this transition I've had increased anxiety, agitation and brain fog. I can't say for certain if it is directly related to the change in diet but it correlates chronologically. Do these symptoms sound normal?

david

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The ups and downs
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 15, 2018 09:02PM

Yes, these are symptoms of detox. You can help things along by drinking more water, and getting plenty of rest.

Date: March 15, 2018 09:28PM

It's crazy Prana cause I did this 11 years ago and wasn't nearly this miserable.

david

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2018 09:29PM by dvdai.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: March 16, 2018 01:04AM

Transitioning can be a britch!

I have a very good feeling that I am transitioning well to high-raw diet (finally). "Roller coaster" may not tell the half of it as to my history with diet, but the older I get (mid-60s now!) the more I realize I will have LITTLE quality of life physically without going high-raw (as in over 80%). Yet the transition has usually been and felt scary to impossible -- even though I did it before (twice) very successfully years ago.

HOWEVER, I am feeling a WINNING feeling this go round...! And one of the things that for me feels like it is taking over the top of the sense of "too hard" is those wonderful green smoothies!

Main recipe: leafy greens up to 4-cup line in blender plus 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk, often plus a peeled cucumber (if have) and 2 cups (I measured it this time) blueberries or cherries (frozen) and blended on high.

This pleases me no end...!!! With the salads I've been eating I was always adding olive oil and salt, and in the past I always added sweetener to berries, and oil, salt and sweeteners have been a prime problem of "too much" in my diet.

Does it taste good? Well, it's not like a gourmet flavor or treat, but I LIKE it. And when I drink it, it makes me feel soooo happy! I'm going to have a quart of this drink every day that I can.

Peace!

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 16, 2018 06:36AM

DVdai
I am coming from a much higher protein and fat diet

Tai:
focus on the juicy fruits and veggies and drinks lots of liquids, like fresh green juice (natural laxative) made either by yourself or at a juice bar, coconut water from fresh coconuts, teas, soups, etc. If you need to detox, don't eat clogging food and water like Prana said.

Brain fog? Are you experiencing insulin resistance?

[bodyecology.com]

I am not a fan of Donna Gates but her mention about Datis' understanding is helpful.

Date: March 16, 2018 01:11PM

interesting link on brain fog, Tai. It's hard for me to believe I have insulin resistance but crazier things happen. I don't eat much in the way of simple refined sugars and there hasn't been a concern of diabetes in the past. But, maybe there are other ways to develop insulin resistance?

I need more leafy greens Avocadess and I don't necessarily like the taste so blending with something like your recipe would definitely help.

I'm hoping these headaches let up soon. They are rather strong.

david

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables