Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HEALTH BREAD
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 09, 2007 06:54PM

Hi everyone-i just got done sprouting wheat berries and grinding in my champion juicer and making into hambuger size mounds of dough.it was put in the oven on very very low(next time i will have the teflex-if i knew what and where and how to get it and such-i will find out)so i baked it on low-what the sproutman calls low cooking.i cooked it lower than he said to.i just took off a pinch.i have never tasted anything so good in my whole life.no sugar and no oils and nothing-no flour. i am so amazed.it is so good i want to fall on the floor and scream.well-needless to say.tonite i am having tomatoes and onions and lettuce and all on these breads.wow-so amazing-Taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HEALTH BREAD
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 09, 2007 07:29PM

wish I could eat that, but I can't have gluten.. sounds so good though.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 09, 2007 10:05PM

Sorry to be a downer, but it sounds pretty freakin bland to me!
LOL
SystemOfADown

Posted by: deemel ()
Date: January 09, 2007 10:10PM

I actually had a similar experience yesterday Taylor..I had some onion bread (style of flax cracker) and in between two slices I sandwiched avocado, thick slices of tomato and a cheddery cheeze (made from pine nuts) and it was the most sensational thing I felt I had eaten in ages.
Perhaps because we are relatively new to the experiences of raw, we are rediscovering the pleasures of the simple tastes.
Great hey?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 10, 2007 01:48AM

try rye sprouts some time, i like them way more than wheat. the complexity of sprouted grain breads is nowhere near bland in any sense of the word. it's an amazing symphony of flavours, wow! very rich though, i can only have a small bit once in a while.

i have heard not great things about teflon sheets. there is unbleached, organic baking parchment paper on the market that's a great alternative.
[www.ifyoucare.com]

Date: January 10, 2007 03:09AM

oh my! i never expected that bread to be so wonderful.i was shocked.usually i amke homemade bread for my family and it has the sugar or honey and oil and all kinds of goodies.i can not believe the bread was so good and just so simple to make.how could it be so sweet?deemel -u very well may have something there.next-rye sprouts.i was gonna share some with hubby ...i don't know now.i want to secretly hide it for me.taylor

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: January 10, 2007 11:14PM

rawwrr.. u can do similar stuff with sprouted buckwheat and flax... we make burger buns that way sometimes

Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 11, 2007 02:42AM

Morrisson66, can you share your buckwheat & flax burger bun recipe? thanks!

Love,
Uma

Date: January 11, 2007 03:26AM

i would love it too...thanks taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables