Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cracks in watermelon
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 16, 2018 02:39PM

[youtu.be]

Comments or opinions?

Can melons be cracked without having been injected?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cracks in watermelon
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 17, 2018 03:07AM

Wow Fresh. Thanks for sharing.
It makes me want to skip buying non organic watermelon from now on.

Taken from the video caption:
"The cracks in a watermelon are a bad sign.

Sometimes we open the watermelon and we notice some huge cracks inside it, however we do not give much importance to it and start consuming it.

You should stop doing this because you are causing serious damage to your body.
The reason is, the surface of the watermelon which is cracked, is by a substance that is used for its growth.

This chemical is known as Forchlorfenuron. With this the fruits are pulverized, and it is also used to accelerate the growth of the fruit.

Well.
Is It Safe?

According to an EPA pesticide fact sheet, forchlorfenuron can be harmful to your health. It reports:

Moderate toxicity to freshwater fish.
Slightly higher toxicity levels in birds.
Increased pup mortality and decreased litter sizes in rat studies.

The biggest problem with this chemical is that when it enters the body it can cause cancer and neurological problems. Which are very difficult to heal.

Please spread this message and share with your friends and family. You may end up saving someone's life.

Thanks for watching. Please like, comment, and subscribe for more videos. I am amy. and i will see you all in my next video.

Source-
[www.epa.gov]...

Yes forchlorfenuron can be harmful and toxic. You never know how much toxicity such a watermelon can contain. If you do some research you will find such fruits produced with this method can also have other signs like, looking ripe but being tasteless. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Health always comes first"

Re: Cracks in watermelon
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 17, 2018 12:03PM

Me too but I was wondering if they use other methods than that to increase growth and those methods are not dangerous. I have eaten melons that look like that and just don't know if they had used that chemical or something else... seems to be some unknowns here especially since they were talkin about China primarily

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables