Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Alissa Cohen - Thoughts & Experience
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 20, 2007 11:42PM

Brian I wish I could edit my grammer, longer than a few mins after posting. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2007 04:02AM

rawrrr, that would be great wouldn't it? but a while back some posters decided to go through all the old threads and delete everything they ever wrote for some reason. it left the archives a mess and hard to read so i'll take the messy grammAr and spelling over deleted threads.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: January 21, 2007 04:55PM

I just saw the clip of her on Tyra....
OH MY....

I don't know about you, but looking at her - puffy, big butt, trying to hide her fluffiness under an UNFLATTERING jacket....

She isnot the kinda person that would sway me to go raw...

Where are all the healthy looking, fit, active raw role models...
We need THESE people in the mainstream

Go to this site!!

[www.runraw.org]

THIS is the kind of person we need promoting our diet and lifestyle to the mainstream..

Why would anyone buy into her diet if she looks so out of shape...
NExt to Jillian (biggest loser trainer) who was on the show with her, Alissa is a big FAT turn off to the raw diet...

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: January 21, 2007 05:42PM

anyone notice that she is thinner in the update a few weeks later during their update on the show?

Date: January 21, 2007 05:43PM

sorry the update was 3 months later...

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 21, 2007 06:25PM

Yes, I apologize..I am sure there are business people out there selling good things with good heart, I meant, well, after being successful, making money power corrupts, and then everything becomes a plug ..

I get upset sometimes and say things but I should add, "hey don't quote me!" lol on a message board little mistakes are quickly fixed..thank you

Date: January 21, 2007 09:19PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with expressing your displeasure or lack of belief in something. I know money corrupts from some experiences I've had in life. I worked with a man who conned people into giving him money to invest in off-shore endeavors. Unfortunately all he was doing was just getting money for himself, moving it to an offshore, unsueable location and doing whatever he wanted with it. When I figured this out I stopped working with him and told everyone that I had been in contact with through this man to ask for their money back.

It made me pretty sad actually. However, I have met some really great people where not everything is a plug and a few who only want to use their money for green endeavors. On the flip-side I've met MANY who are only in it for themselves and will do anything they can to get people to buy what they are selling or involved in. I remember one guy I met, and worked with at a newspaper, who once looked at me and said, "I love selling. It doesn't matter what it is. I just love selling." To me that meant that he wouldn't care if he sold flood insurance to people in the Sahara just as long as he could get off on selling.

Anyway... I think your point is valid in many cases.

Matt

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 21, 2007 09:30PM

Maybe one reason raw foods cookbooks have so many fancy recipes is that the authors or the editors feel they are competing with all the SAD cookbooks that are being sold from the same shelves.

Some raw fooders maybe once really enjoyed cooking, and a fancy raw foods recipe every once in a while might not be too bad a thing. Every day for every meal is of course a different story!

One thing I noticed about the "raw" food cookbooks is that many of the recipes include ingredients that are not raw, like miso. That's OK if that's what someone likes to eat, but I think the authors have a responsibility to inform the readers when recipes from a "raw" food cookbook include nonraw ingredients.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2007 09:33PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 21, 2007 09:33PM

In terms of healthy looking raw food educators, Dr Doug looks like he is in excellent health. How many people do you know in their 50s who looks as healthy as he does? If you click the picture below, you'll see a larger version of the thumbnail picture.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: January 21, 2007 11:09PM

Hey everybody,
Alissa is not FAT, and I find it disturbing that people are dissing her. Everyone doesn't get super-skinny-skinny-skinny on a raw diet-- far from it. Grow up, folks!!

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 22, 2007 01:16AM

I like long threads. smiling smiley

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: January 22, 2007 01:28AM

I am sorry for saying Alyssa was fat, it's just my opinion..alot of people think so too..

and I was clear about everone being different, its just not my thing..

Good for her she wrote a book and is making money..on tv and stuff..I wish her success..

I do not want to upset anybody..

I really don't care, or even think about her ever, I just express my opinion here when I am up late at night..

friends?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2007 01:30AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: Applered ()
Date: January 22, 2007 01:55AM

I think Alissa is great! I love her forums. I visit them daily. They are very active and all the people there are great!

There was a few threads at her forums, when the first Tyra aired, in regards to her weight and choice of outfit. She read the thread and I can only think that it must of hurt her feelings and made her hurry to lose weight for the next Tyra because she did look a bit thinner in the second Tyra although I don't think she looked healthier.

She is definitly bigger for a raw foodist and for me that protrays her in an excellent light-that that raw foodists don't have to be only skin and bones. But I can see if someeones goal was to lose weight, she wouldn't impress them.

Anyway, I think she has definitly achieved a lot and she has a raw restaraunt opening in Portsmouth, NH (an hour away from me!!). She is a determined, motivated, energetic person but you can't please everyone, I suppose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2007 01:56AM by Applered.

Date: January 22, 2007 02:18AM

I'm sorry, but he looks very unhealthy to me. You put the pic out there, so I'm commenting my veiw. I've had relationships with men of all ages. I've seen much, much, healthier looking then he is. I guess if I can be specific, his skin and hair does not look healthy to me, and his eyes are sunk in, instead of large and bright. Thin does not = healthy looking to me. Soft supple smooth skin, slender with nice muscles, and sparkling eyes, and glossy, thick hair. A little bit of healthy body fat is sexy. I mean at the lower end of the normal range for a persons weight and height. Too low looks bad on both women and men, in my opinion.

Internally, he may be the healthiest guy on the planet though. He just doesn't have that sexy healthy "glow" to me.

Brian, I do think you have beautiful skin and hair though. Not sure why if you follow the same diet. Genetics maybe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2007 02:23AM by Rawrrr!.

Date: January 22, 2007 02:38AM

so what there is a problem with not having a full head of hair now? LOL.. this is starting to get funny... are baldies not permitted to be "healthy"? I'm seriously saying this in good humor. Obviously I don't have a full head of hair and don't see it growing back no matter how I eat.

Also, he is squinting in that photo so I don't know if it's fair to comment on his eyes.

Date: January 22, 2007 02:49AM

No, but if you do have it, it should look healthy.

Bald is beautiful smiling smiley

Date: January 22, 2007 03:00AM

doug looks really thin. muscles but skinny.

brian clement looks great for his age [www.hippocratesinst.org]

gabriel cousins looks pretty good too, can't find a pic online.

and viktorus looks like hell but considering his lifestyle over the years (mucho abuse of his bod) even he looks pretty alright, darn thin though. his presence glows and his energy level is just absolutely amazing. the man is full of light and fire.

Date: January 22, 2007 03:02AM

Can someone post a picture of a raw foodist (over 40 preferably) that has not been criticized for his/her looks?

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: January 22, 2007 03:08AM

Gabriel Cousens is hot!! And he's 65ish! He just has beautiful eveything. Lucky wife!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2007 03:09AM by Rawrrr!.

Date: January 22, 2007 03:25AM

looks like an old man to me.

lol.

Date: January 22, 2007 03:47AM

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. smiling smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 22, 2007 04:20AM

rawgosia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can someone post a picture of a raw foodist (over
> 40 preferably) that has not been criticized for
> his/her looks?
>
> Gosia

Storm Talifero
Karyn Calabrese
Annette Larkins.

What do they all have in common?

Date: January 22, 2007 04:28AM

arugula, Storm did get criticized for his looks! I don't know the other two. Why won't you post their pictures and let's hear it all ha ha ha!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 22, 2007 04:50AM

Karyn is very beautiful, if a bit too thin. I think she is 59-60 now.

Here is a video where she is making a cooked vegan wrap.
[video.google.com]

Annette is also beautiful.

I think Annette is over 60 now.

[www.annettelarkins.com]

Date: January 22, 2007 05:18AM

rawgosia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can someone post a picture of a raw foodist (over
> 40 preferably) that has not been criticized for
> his/her looks?

Lets see, theres Rawgosia & Karyn Calabrese. Both lovely, healthy looking raw women over 40.

Some people are just attractive though, regardless of what they eat. Look around. Not all beautiful people eat healthy. Plus, you can't really reverse sun damage or a lot of what God gave us.

I think this thread is getting way too superficial, and of my own fault, too.

I seriously don't think eating healthy is going to make everyone metamorphosis into a beautiful butterfly or make an ugly swan into a beautiful one. Not everyone is the prize they think they are. Life can humble the most beautiful.

What counts is how beautiful someones heart is. Those are the people I like in this world.

I have an over weight friend who is junk food junkie. She has guys falling all over her. She's beautiful, but her heart and radiant personality is what drawls people to her.

Date: January 22, 2007 05:50AM

gosia, i DID. i posted a link to brian clement and his wife in the post right before yours. check them out. it isn't even the best pic but i really liked the love in their faces.

storm of course looks really fit and healthy. he has a lot more muscles than i enjoy personally but no one can say that he doesn't look strong!

Date: January 22, 2007 05:52AM

Braian Clement is for sure, a cooked foodist, he admits it, I think his wife might be too, but I know for sure he is..he says in interview it is bad for running a business to be raw, and that cooked food added to his diet balances him.. YES HE DID FOLKS>>

Um, I used to think Juliano was hot , but his book he was all airbrushed..he cut his hair and looks kind of too thin..[img}[www.detoxyourworld.com][/img]

Mattkeney,

Date: January 22, 2007 06:10AM

Sorry I had to rush and still did not make it to edit the above

Date: January 22, 2007 06:17AM

hot raw foodist lady over 40
[members.shaw.ca]

and another

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2007 06:18AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 22, 2007 06:40AM

Here's a photo of Juliano, doing a lotus pose with good alignment in the feet.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables