Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Alissa Cohen - Thoughts & Experience
Posted by: Pam ()
Date: February 20, 2007 11:29PM

I know this is an old thread but I know Alissa and I had to respond. I went to a raw retreat at her Miami home in 2003. She was gracious, enthusiastic, informed, dedicated, and has a sincere desire to make the raw food lifestyle accessible to a large number of people. No, she does not have a scientific background, nor does she pretend to. I paid to go to the retreat but anytime I emailed her or called her afterwards (and, yes, vice versa), she was happy to help me and even invited me to come back and just hang out for a weekend.

Alissa is a long-time bodybuilder. She is not a size 2, but I can say she is not fat. I've seen her in a jacuzzi in her backyard. Not only is she not fat, she had not one speck of cellulite on her body that I could see. She looked then exactly as she looks in her videos. Her eyes shine, her face glows, she just exudes contagious energy. She does eat quite simply on a day-to-day basis (as she points out in her book). I did not see the Tyra Banks clip, but I think many short people in bad clothes (she hates to shop) wouldn't look so great next to Tyra.

I feel a little bad because I encouraged her to come to this board. (That was me and my MBA-think and marketing background, not Alissa.) And I saw first hand what happened to her here. I haven't been on this board in a very long time but I know that discussions can sometimes turn not-so-nice. Okay, I'll give you this: she's not a great speller. ;o) But I am seriously thinking of going through her certification course as there is a great demand for her students throughout the country.

Pam

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 21, 2007 03:34AM

Hey Gossia,
I'm on your wavelength!-- I don't invest in expensive kitchen stuff either. In fact, I usually go for second-hand store or Craigslist whenever possible. Nevertheless, I like to think the frugal life can be very elegant. ;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 21, 2007 04:15AM

Hi Kwan,

Yes, if only I was filthy reach he he. I would love to hear your music! One day I must find some time to register to the website you posted. I am a musician at heart too. I play some instruments, and composed some songs, and had I not become a mathematician, I would be a professional musician for sure.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2007 04:16AM by rawgosia.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 22, 2007 02:46AM

rawgosia

mathematicians ARE musicians

don't forget it

u know
u know

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 23, 2007 12:56AM

Hi, Gossia,
You don't have to register at the site-- I inadvertently posted the wrong link. Here's an easy link that will get you right to my MP3 webpage with no sign-in required:

www.soundclick.com/sharrhan

What instrumnets do you play?

Blessings,
Sharrhan

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 24, 2007 06:03AM

la_veronique, what you say sounds very plausible. I see strong similarities between how mind operates while playing with either of the two, maths or music. Solving maths problems is like composing music, solutions appear out of nowhere, yet, there is a remarkably harmonious play of patterns and relationships between the objects being used.

Kwan, as a kid I learned to play piano, as a teenager - guitar (basic) and recorder. More recently, I've been playing some keyboard (until it broke sad smiley ) and Indian harmonium (playing and singing Indian bhajans at satsangs). I still play piano, mostly some simple pieces by Chopin, that he composed as a youngster, later pieces that require long fingers are out of my range (I have small hands). It worked! I finally could hear the music. Cool. My favourites are flute and voice combinations. Awww, I'm dreaming to be in a music band in my next life ... For now, maths band it is.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables