Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Human Brewery
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 29, 2018 05:42AM

Not everyone can eat high carbs and high fruit. People need different diets and this is true even in the raw vegan world. As we know, Gabriel Cousens has been testing a higher fat, lower carb raw vegan diet that works for some people.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Auto-brewery syndrome, also known as gut fermentation syndrome, is a rare medical condition in which intoxicating quantities of ethanol are produced through endogenous fermentation within the digestive system.[1][2] One gastrointestinal organism, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a type of yeast, has been identified as a pathogen for this condition.
Claims of endogenous fermentation of this type have been used as a defense against drunk driving charges.[3][4][5]
One case went undetected for 20 years.[6]
It has also been investigated, but eliminated, as a possible cause of sudden infant death syndrome.[7]
A variant occurs in persons with liver abnormalities that prevent them from excreting or breaking down alcohol normally. Patients with this condition can develop symptoms of auto-brewery syndrome even when the gut yeast produces a quantity of alcohol that is too small to intoxicate a healthy individual.[8]

Treatment
The treatment for auto-brewery syndrome is a change in diet requiring low carbohydrates and high protein. Sugar is fermented into alcohol, and a diet that effectively lowers sugars also lowers the alcohol that can be fermented from it. Anything that causes an imbalance between the beneficial and harmful bacteria in the gut can help increase the chance that fermentation in the gut will develop. This can include not only antibiotics, but also overindulgence in sugars and carbohydrates. Watching what you eat could lower the risk of gut fermentation syndrome, and taking probiotics could further protect you by increasing the number of good bacteria in your system.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425253/Auto-brewery-syndrome-makes-bacteria-brew-beer-mans-stomach.html

The human brewery: Tee-total Texan whose family feared he was an alcoholic cannot stay sober as his stomach turns food into 'beer'
The 61-year-old suffers from auto-brewery syndrome
Blood tests showed he was five times over the limit but had not had a drink
His stomach turns starchy food like bread and pasta into beer

Once he stumbled into a hospital in Texas complaining of dizziness.
Doctors laughed when he told them he hadn’t had anything to drink, despite being five times over the limit.
But they were astounded when gastroenterology tests showed his stomach uncontrollably brews beer.

The man was put in an isolated hospital room for 24 hours where he could be watched around the clock.
He was fed normal food and water.
But when doctors checked his blood alcohol level he was twice the legal limit to drive.
Dr McCarthy found the alcohol was being produced by an ‘overabundance of brewer’s yeast’ - called saccharomyces cerevisiae - in the man’s stomach.
It effectively turned the patient’s stomach into a ‘brewery’ - getting him drunk when he ate something ‘starchy’, like bread, a bagel or pasta, as the yeast fermented the sugars into ethanol, which is pure alcohol.

Now on a low-carbohydrate diet and an antifungal drug prescription, the man is managing to keep his alcohol levels down.

videos:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2018 06:04AM by Tai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Human Brewery
Date: May 30, 2018 09:02AM

Yes,l do better on high protein too. I have more energy and better muscle mass and feel more in charge. If l do high carb l can lose muscle, my energy can flag,l feel less in charge and cravings can occur.

Seaweeds and green sprout juices and high protein foods stabilize me and make me feel at my best. High carb foods and high fruit doesn't do the job as effectively,l always feel lacking. Even when hunger is satisfied, l still feel like l am lacking something.

It's important to feel right, and l am lucky enough to know that the high protein foods give me that feeling.

IMO so many raw fooders haven't found their ideal diet. People have to experiment and see what works best.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: May 31, 2018 04:43AM

People who create alcohol in their gut have a microbiome imbalance. I make probiotics that include yeast, lactic acid bacteria, and purple non sulfur bacteria, and while the yeast eat up sugars and create alcohol, the lactic acid bacteria eat up the yeast and the alcohol, turning the alcohol into lactic acid.

People need to eat high inulin foods that don't kill the good bacteria, including lots of fresh fruits and vegetables with soluble fiber, to encourage the growth of the lactic acid bacteria.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2018 04:46AM by Prana.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: June 01, 2018 06:34AM

Prana:

I make probiotics that include yeast, lactic acid bacteria, and purple non sulfur bacteria,

Tai:
Wow, Prana, sounds impressive. Can you share some links about this for further reading? I have just started to try Thrive, which is a spore based probiotic. There are many claims about this probiotic, such as being able to heal leaky gut syndrome.

Sproutarian Man:
High carb foods and high fruit doesn't do the job as effectively,l always feel lacking. Even when hunger is satisfied, l still feel like l am lacking something.

Tai:
It seems most of the long term fruitarians consume 2 pounds of greens a day and on top of that, John Rose and others eat nuts and seeds. It seems like that 2 pounds of greens a day (or equivalent in nutrition) is important for protein and minerals, etc, while the amount of fruit can fluctuate based on a person's calorie and other needs.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 02, 2018 12:57PM

Interesting info but where is the proof that it works?

Some high energy coming from large quantities of SAM Type 4 fermented liquids, how much energy?

Vinny Pinto said he has been producing and selling these type 4 probiotics for years. There is no scientific paper to compare the product with regular probiotic, no before and after picture of him or any of his clients.

In contrast, the Brian Clement, Lou Corona the products they sell, they use them on themselves too and we can see from the pictures that it works. No hidden mysteries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 12:59PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 02, 2018 07:53PM

RawPracticalist
Interesting info but where is the proof that it works?

Some high energy coming from large quantities of SAM Type 4 fermented liquids, how much energy?

Vinny Pinto said he has been producing and selling these type 4 probiotics for years. There is no scientific paper to compare the product with regular probiotic, no before and after picture of him or any of his clients.

In contrast, the Brian Clement, Lou Corona the products they sell, they use them on themselves too and we can see from the pictures that it works. No hidden mysteries.

I've used it, and I find Vinny's descriptions accurate. There is not "high energy", but rather "subtle energy" coming from this liquid, a form of life force / prana / chi, that is not found in other probiotics. The antioxidants in this liquid is so good you can drop a rusty nail into this liquid, and the rust be becoming iron again.

You can try this at Amazon, and it is currently on sale as an add-on item: SCD Essential Probiotics - 16.3 fl oz.

While there will be some immediate results from using this probiotic, if used for three years or more this can be some long term healing happening in the body, as the active ingredient, the purple non sulfur bacteria, impart a life force energy and a anti-entropy force into the body.

Another interesting thing about these microbes. There are ceramic products that contain these probiotics. These ceramics come in powdered form, and can be mixed into paint for your house, especially the interior, and they will deodorize the volatile organic compounds and also impart a subtle energy into the space. Speaking of deodorizing, this liquid used pure can deodorize skunk or other smelly organic smells. back to the ceramics, if you were to carry 7 ounces of these ceramics over your solar plexus, they could protect you from wifi, cellular, and smart meters, and from the chaotic quantum noise that come from devices that contain semiconductors.

One of ways I use these microbes to deodorize is to put them into my compost buckets. In the summer time, these buckets could be a smelly mess. But the addition of the microbes make my compost buckets, even when the temperatures are 100 degrees Fahrenheit, smell like pickles rather than something that would want to make you puke.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 03, 2018 08:04AM

Thank Prana.

I will try it.

You are a very reliable source of info.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables