Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Storm Talifero, of The Garden Diet, lost at sea with son
Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: September 18, 2018 03:17AM

Although I know Storm and his partner Jinjee were involved in some pretty shady business dealings a while back, with their supposed raw vegan community in Ojai, I met Storm on a few occasions and didn't perceive him to be a bad person. Sad to say, it is almost certain that he, along with his young son, were drowned at sea.

[www.independent.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Storm Talifero, of The Garden Diet, lost at sea with son
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 20, 2018 02:08AM

doghouse reilly
Although I know Storm and his partner Jinjee were involved in some pretty shady business dealings a while back, with their supposed raw vegan community in Ojai, I met Storm on a few occasions and didn't perceive him to be a bad person. Sad to say, it is almost certain that he, along with his young son, were drowned at sea.

[www.independent.com]

We pray that hopefully there are alive and well but there may be more to the story.

[www.sarahbest.com]

I hope they are found and are safe.

Colorful local history about the family: [www.sarahbest.com]

"In early 2008, Gerald “Storm” and Johanna “Jinjee” Talifero, pictured, announced that they were selling homes in a “Raw Vegan Village” – a community they were building in the Upper Ojai Valley in Southern California.

The Taliferos are the couple behind the popular Garden Diet website, and the homes for sale were to be no ordinary homes, but state-of-the-art luxury green homes set in a stunning location on nearly 120 acres of fertile land......

Lives have been turned upside down with unimaginable stress and anguish. Some have lost their entire life savings and are left struggling to make ends meet.

Nobody but the Taliferos knows what happened to the “little over $900,000” they admit to collecting.
[www.websleuths.com]

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 20, 2018 05:43PM

That's shocking to read, I'm so sorry to hear that they may of drowned.

Date: September 20, 2018 09:21PM

We all hope they are still alive and well but others suggest that they may not want to be found. They had taken money from others to build a raw food community that never materialized.

A mother is desperate to find answers after her son disappeared with his father during a sailing trip, and says the two may have come through San Diego at some point.

Adagio Talifero, 14, and his father Gerald Talifero haven't been seen or heard from since early June, which family tells NBC 7 is very unlike them.

Their whereabouts are a complete mystery at this point after leaving their hometown of Nevada City, California on June 7.

"I was told that they might go sailing. That's all that I was told. Other family members were told that they were sailing to Hawaii," said Adagio’s mother, Jinjee Garrick.

The two told family members and friends they met owners of a boat from Washington and together they were going to sail 200 miles out to sea. If no one got seasick, then they were going to go on to Hawaii, but if anyone did they'd make a stop in San Diego to drop them off and continue their trip.

However, the days before their departure, no one saw Gerald with Adagio; another concern.

"People thought it was odd because he always kept Adagio very close. They thought it was odd that he would leave Adagio on the boat with people who weren't even close enough to be known to friends and family," explained Garrick.

Adagio and his father did have plane tickets purchased from Hawaii to return home.

They were supposed to come back Sept. 1, but never got on that flight.

The journey should have taken the group about four weeks. It has now been more than 12 weeks.

Adagio is described as 5 feet 7 inches tall weighing 100 pounds with brown hair and eyes.

Gerald is described as 6 feet tall weighing 180 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office is actively looking for the these two because they were thought to have left from there. Anyone with information can call the sheriff's office at (805) 681-4100.

------------------------ user comments -----------------------------
Jennifer Marie Sharer
According to your daughter, it seems that they may not want to be found, so sorry for your pain, Jinjee, I couldn't imagine how hard this is for you.
Like · Reply · 1w

Jinjee Garrick
Thanks to NBC San Diego for publishing this!
Like · Reply · 1w

Jinjee Garrick
I am the mother of the missing child in this story. We are particularly interested in the name of the boat and/or the boat's owners. The Coast Guard need this information to search for them. Of course, if anyone has seen them since their disappearance on June 7th, we would love to know when and where! Thanks for any clues.
[www.nbcsandiego.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2018 09:23PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: October 17, 2018 04:33AM

RawPracticalist
We all hope they are still alive and well but others suggest that they may not want to be found. They had taken money from others to build a raw food community that never materialized.

A mother is desperate to find answers after her son disappeared with his father during a sailing trip, and says the two may have come through San Diego at some point.

Adagio Talifero, 14, and his father Gerald Talifero haven't been seen or heard from since early June, which family tells NBC 7 is very unlike them.

Their whereabouts are a complete mystery at this point after leaving their hometown of Nevada City, California on June 7.

"I was told that they might go sailing. That's all that I was told. Other family members were told that they were sailing to Hawaii," said Adagio’s mother, Jinjee Garrick.

The two told family members and friends they met owners of a boat from Washington and together they were going to sail 200 miles out to sea. If no one got seasick, then they were going to go on to Hawaii, but if anyone did they'd make a stop in San Diego to drop them off and continue their trip.

However, the days before their departure, no one saw Gerald with Adagio; another concern.

"People thought it was odd because he always kept Adagio very close. They thought it was odd that he would leave Adagio on the boat with people who weren't even close enough to be known to friends and family," explained Garrick.

Adagio and his father did have plane tickets purchased from Hawaii to return home.

They were supposed to come back Sept. 1, but never got on that flight.

The journey should have taken the group about four weeks. It has now been more than 12 weeks.

Adagio is described as 5 feet 7 inches tall weighing 100 pounds with brown hair and eyes.

Gerald is described as 6 feet tall weighing 180 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office is actively looking for the these two because they were thought to have left from there. Anyone with information can call the sheriff's office at (805) 681-4100.

------------------------ user comments -----------------------------
Jennifer Marie Sharer
According to your daughter, it seems that they may not want to be found, so sorry for your pain, Jinjee, I couldn't imagine how hard this is for you.
Like · Reply · 1w

Jinjee Garrick
Thanks to NBC San Diego for publishing this!
Like · Reply · 1w

Jinjee Garrick
I am the mother of the missing child in this story. We are particularly interested in the name of the boat and/or the boat's owners. The Coast Guard need this information to search for them. Of course, if anyone has seen them since their disappearance on June 7th, we would love to know when and where! Thanks for any clues.
[www.nbcsandiego.com]

Yeah, but that raw food community fiasco was years ago and the statute of limitations for lawsuits, etc, has long since passed, so I doubt that this is connected in any way. There is no evidence of any reason for Storm to flee. Jinjee was equally involved in that project and she has not fled. The son had no role in it, as he was a very young child at the time, so there is no reason he would flee from his loving mother and siblings.
Sad to say, they likely met with some unfortunate circumstance at sea. Although many people make such journeys in tiny boats successfully, it is rather dangerous and not uncommon at all for such boats to be lost forever.

Date: November 26, 2018 09:21AM

This is serious. This is what Jinjee posted on her facebook on November 16.

Jinjee Garrick
November 16 at 10:01 AM ·
My 14 year old son Adagio Talifero and his dad Storm have been missing since June 7th when they allegedly set sail from Goleta California intending to sail to Hawaii. Really they could be anywhere. Please share.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables