Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fermented foods - my video
Date: January 13, 2019 07:54AM

This is an old video l made years ago and just released today.

Rejuvalic & fermented nut/seed paste - rare vegan K2 source - superfood
[www.youtube.com]

www.thesproutarian.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fermented foods - my video
Posted by: brome ()
Date: January 14, 2019 04:34PM

Thanks for all your excellent posts over the years.

Rye is my favorite grain for rejuvalic too. I find that grinding the sprouted rye releases much more of the nutrients in the seeds making for a very tasty lemony drink + only a few table spoons of grain is needed for quarts of rejuvalic.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 19, 2019 04:31AM

Sproutman

Thanks for the video!

Also, could you say more about the sprouted green peas that are also in the vieo?

What kind of peas are they?

Do you painstakingly shell each one by hand?

I wonder if they ever sell raw peas at any stores.

Even when they say "raw", I just kind of assume they are cooked just like they say "raw" for nuts that are steamed.

Maybe I'll make a separate thread on that.

peas are such a great source of protein

Date: January 20, 2019 06:10AM

la_veronique
Sproutman

Thanks for the video!

Also, could you say more about the sprouted green peas that are also in the vieo?

They are snow peas.

la_veronique
Do you painstakingly shell each one by hand?

No shelling needed. Pea microgreens are the easiest and less labour intensive to grow.

la_veronique
I wonder if they ever sell raw peas at any stores.

Lots of peas are sold online for microgreens.

la_veronique
peas are such a great source of protein

Pea microgreens are great.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: January 20, 2019 06:17AM

brome
Thanks for all your excellent posts over the years.

Rye is my favorite grain for rejuvalic too. I find that grinding the sprouted rye releases much more of the nutrients in the seeds making for a very tasty lemony drink + only a few table spoons of grain is needed for quarts of rejuvalic.

Rye is good for rejuvalic, but it can make the ferments rot easier also imo. Wheat and barley are also good.

For the last several months l have used quinoa for rejuvalic. It makes a nice tasting ferment.

As of yesterday l just started to make soy bean rejuvalic, and next week l may use some old nuts to make nut rejuvalic.

When there are old seeds left over l make rejuvalic from those and use them up.

Yes, grinding the seed would be potent. Actually, I recall reading some science that stated that non sprouted seed lead to more probiotics being produced than from sprouted seed.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 27, 2019 05:06PM

The major problem with fermented foods and rejuvelac is that there is no easy way of knowing if the ferment is good or bad

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 27, 2019 05:29PM

RawPracticalist
The major problem with fermented foods and rejuvelac is that there is no easy way of knowing if the ferment is good or bad

Tai:
Really? I follow Sproutarian Man's recipe for rejuvelac and when it's good, it's really GOOD and also you can feel the vitamins and antioxidants.

But when it's bad, there is a bad smell and strange taste.

The difference between good and bad rejuvelac is striking.

Yes, you will get bad batches sometimes. Brian Clement said it's because of various bacteria in the air, such as if someone sneezes, etc.

With fermented seed products, if you use a specific culture, you will know what it's supposed to taste like. I never made a bad seed yogurt using commercial probiotics. After a few days or a week in the refrigerator, the top of the fermented seed yogurt turns color and will go bad.

The next thing I want to make is my own natto.

Date: January 28, 2019 04:18PM

Correct they taste different the good and the bad ferment.

But after such hard work I do not like to throw away the BAD ferment.

And I kill myself. God have mercy.

The BAD ferment must be of some good use.

Life is not that perfect after all.

Satan does exist.

Date: January 29, 2019 02:19AM

Raw Practicalist:
But after such hard work I do not like to throw away the BAD ferment.
The BAD ferment must be of some good use.

Tai:
I either feed animals or compost undesirable food, so it's not really being wasted. Whenever I get a bad coconut (maybe 1-2 out of 9 young coconuts are bad), I give the water to my favorite plant/tree. The water is nutritious, so it's going to another life who won't get hurt from the spoilage. I open the coconuts and let the squirrels eat the meat. They eat questionable coconut meat. If they had better food, they wouldn't eat it, but there are some starving squirrels out there, so they do eat it.

Regarding sprouted rye...I never fed that to animals, but I am sure some animal would eat it. Some birds will eat cooked potato but not raw. I wonder about sprouted fermented wheat/rye. Worst case scenario, if no animal would eat the rye, I would give it to worms in a worm farm. Many microgreens growers have small worm farms.

Date: January 29, 2019 02:49AM

Hi Sproutarian Man,
Good video, and hopefully you will make condensed videos of all those topics in the future, so people can have their choice of short or long versions.

I know you have been against using ads, but it seems that with such nice pictures on your website, somehow your site could generate revenue by featuring such unique content. Instead of one page of pictures, you might have several pages arranged by the individual seed/sprout.

P.S. I much prefer unsprouted poppy seed butter to poppy seed yogurt. Just mentioning because I just saw it on your website. I have done both several times and I just prefer the butter. The melanger does a better job micronizing the seeds than does the sprouting-vitamix method EXCEPT if you happen to have viable seed that actually sprouts. But if the seed can't sprout, then I prefer the melanger.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 06, 2019 05:59AM

Good work man and please monetize your efforts, it's the new economy...
Personally I would prefer to see you physically through video though as to what this type of diet produces albeit the end results...

Date: February 07, 2019 07:13AM

That is his choice and maybe he is just sharing his methods and not trying to sell anything.

To me it is not that interesting to watch when face is hiding. It will have been much better to not show any body part at all.

Here is fermented carrots video.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 08, 2019 06:12PM

Nunativs
Personally I would prefer to see you physically through video though as to what this type of diet produces albeit the end results...

Tai
That doesn't prove much. you have to look at before and after, and also really listen to the person how they feel. Why does a person come to the raw vegan diet? My friend was a good-looking body builder who ate animal protein 3 times a day until he got liver cancer and kidneys had problems. You can't judge by appearance. Then he was forced to go raw vegan and shrank in size but cured his cancer. In my friend's case, who cares how he looked on the outside. What matters was how the inside of his body looked.

Let's discuss content and the facts.
Sproutarian man says that sunflower cheese/ferments contain K2. Okay, so what lab measures this and how do the k2 values compare to natto? If you were really going to try to get your k2 from sunflower yogurt, how much would you need to eat and how often? One of the reasons I didn't continue with the Lou Corona protocol was because I felt it was too much fat for me, in the form of yogurt. That's when I started to look at the what seeds are the most mineral packed and I started to eat poppy and sesame seeds because I would have to eat fewer calories this way.

When you look at Natto, you see that even with a bean, people are still worried about how many calories it has and it's effect on weight gain. for example, one cup of natto is almost 400 calories but at least it provides 30g of protein. Natto has 100 times more K2 than cheese.

So let's get real. How much k2 can the best rejuvelac produce compared to how much k2 the culture Natto produce? I bet Natto wins by a landslide. let's compare adding the natto culture to sunflower seeds to make yogurt/natto to adding the natto culture to soybeans? well soybeans have been used in asia for a long time because of the amino acid profile and minerals.

Anyway, Sproutarian man is trying to figure out how to make the raw vegan diet be healthy for people with these nutrient needs. He is trying his best using the tools of Ann Wigmore. She tried her best. Meanwhile Asia has a lot to offer, but it would mean adding a little cooked food in, which the purist doesn't want. But seeing how so many vegans have started eating crazy carnivore diets, people should be more open-minded to innocent, yet nutrient-packed whole food vegan foods

Date: February 11, 2019 05:07PM

NOONE is going to "eat" the stuff that the Sproutarian is eating, it's extreme to a fault. Everyone is reverting back to animal foods right now for some reason at alarming rates...

Date: February 12, 2019 06:01AM

Nunativs:
Everyone is reverting back to animal foods right now for some reason at alarming rates...

Tai

What an exaggeration..."everyone". No, not everyone.

I have seen some of your comments on the raw meat youtube sites. Yikes. You should learn more herbalism. Dive into herbs not meat is my suggestion.

Date: February 12, 2019 07:01AM

> My friend was a good-looking body builder who ate animal protein 3 times a day until he got liver cancer and kidneys had problems. You can't judge by appearance. Then he was forced to go raw vegan and shrank in size but cured his cancer. In my friend's case, who cares how he looked on the outside. What matters was how the inside of his body looked.

But we have been talking about how raw food is keeping Annette Larkins so young and beautiful

How raw food is keeping Brian Clements so healthy and ageless

How raw food is keeping Gabriel Cousens so young and athelic

How raw food is keeping Lou Corona ageless

How raw food and sprouts had kept the Sproutman so healthy and vibrant

How the SAD is aging and destroying the body.
One of them is probably the mother but they all look the same aging bodies

We become the food we eat. There is no separation between inside and outside.
The outside is the reflection of the inside. Of the food we put in and the thoughts we put out.

It is the Sproutarian Man right not to show his face but if he is devoting so much effort on raw food, ferments, and other rare techniques would not it be good for us who are still searching to see the results on his body? Some people want to remain private and that is understandable but it also gives the impression when you are only showing parts of your body that you are hiding something.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 08:00AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: February 12, 2019 04:43PM

Tai
Nunativs:
Everyone is reverting back to animal foods right now for some reason at alarming rates...

Tai

What an exaggeration..."everyone". No, not everyone.

I have seen some of your comments on the raw meat youtube sites. Yikes. You should learn more herbalism. Dive into herbs not meat is my suggestion.
If you're reading my quotes you would know that I fully advocate herbalism in every way. I believe that tonic herbs are the cornerstone of ANY diet. If you were reading my quotes you would also hear me cautioning the meatheads that cannibalism is right around the corner and that shunning fruit is a BIG MISTAKE and inquiring how often they are @#$%& etc. etc. etc.

I have an OPEN mind and am not convinced whatsoever that veganism raw or not is the ULTIMATE diet, in fact, there is too much evidence that it is NOT. Sure the standard American pics posted above are horrific, but that's not necessarily from meat, it's processed junkfood. Post pics of Aborigone's and other healthy tribal people. Cousens is a hot mess and spacey as hell and boasts about his strength while having none. Lou Corona would look his age without the hair dye and shaving his grey beard off, like Rothkranz. Sproutman looked at least his age RIP. Viktoras, nuff said. Clements is pudgy and hides his body in a suit, not very natural...

Date: February 12, 2019 05:25PM

Give me a break, Nunativs. Lou Corona does not dye his hair. And some people genetically are gifted that way. You have to look at the other family. And if he is the only one in his family like that, consider the extra effort he put into his mind and heart cultivation on top of his detoxification on top of his diet. It's why most raw fooders haven't achieved that.

Brian Clement is pudgy because he is short, which is surprising because he looks taller in videos. He doesn't need that many calories. he probably needs a certain amount of food to get his protein and other essential nutrients in so the calories add up and he puts extra pounds on. However, his physique and youth and brain health for his age are undeniable. The only fault I see on him is not his weight but his posture. Who cares if he is pudgy?

I never met Cousens in person, so I won't comment on him.

Nunativs, I think it is impossible for any diet to be considered the ultimate because the planet has such diverse climates and soils and growing conditions. Rather than quibble over what theoretically is the ultimate, many people have to just figure out how to get in enough food to avoid malnutrition or starvation. I have been helping to feed the homeless in my area and it's taken me out of any remaining elitist diet mentality. People have to do the best they can given how many resources they have accessible to them. California and Florida happen to be a cornucopia for vegans, which is where Lou, Brian and Annette live. Time for you to accept that there are some healthy vegans.

Date: February 12, 2019 06:27PM

Keep in mind that there have been several women who have worked at Hippocrates and have reported that most of the leaders and lecturers there have been seen eating animal foods "behind the scenes".
Start here:
Raw Women Wisdom

I want to believe, I've invested most of my LIFE into this stuff. I'll give you John Rose, he looks healthy physically, MENTALLY, not so sure....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 06:30PM by NuNativs.

Date: February 12, 2019 11:56PM

>there have been several women who have worked at Hippocrates and have reported that most of the leaders and lecturers there have been seen eating animal foods "behind the scenes".

For me it is not that important because I can see and feel the effects of raw living food on myself like many other sincere seekers of vibrant health. It is not the "I heard or read some reports...".

Everything in life, there is the good approach and the wrong approach to doing it.

30 years of the wrong approach on the SAD cannot be wiped out with a week of fasting and juicing. It is a complete life style change.

There are those on cooked diet who can also live a healthy and long life when they follow the proper approach.

For me many of John Rose videos are very informative on what he believe to be true and he looks healthy.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2019 12:39AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: February 13, 2019 06:49AM

Nunativs:
Keep in mind that there have been several women who have worked at Hippocrates and have reported that most of the leaders and lecturers there have been seen eating animal foods "behind the scenes".

Tai

Okay, let's hear it. Please summarize. That lady's videos are too long. No time to watch her videos. What leaders exactly? I thought there are only two leaders at HHI, Brian and Anna Marie Clement. Who is eating what? I will be surprised if Brian was ever caught doing that. He promotes veganism.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 24, 2019 05:20AM

Regardless of the ever-so-great diet (paleo, vegan, raw, high-carb, high fat, etc. - take your choice), I notice that so many people who go on at length about the benefits of their way of eating have false teeth, even the young ones.

I was wondering why a good diet is good for everything except teeth. Any thoughts? Why would your body be in great shape but teeth have gone south, after eating that healthy diet for decades? Maybe mineral supplements are needed but purists think they shouldn't have to take any because it's somehow "unnatural".

Date: February 26, 2019 05:17PM

>I was wondering why a good diet is good for everything except teeth.

When raw living food is done correctly there is no issue with teeth.
Why would there be? Teeth are part of the body.

Brian Clement, Lou Corona, Gabriel Cousens, and many of the long time raw food pioneers have no teeth issues.

Some people come into raw food without prior proper cleansing and they want to rely mostly on fruit.

When you are eating fruits all day long without brushing your teeth, you will have teeth issues with all of that sugar. Simple common sense needs to prevail.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: March 29, 2019 04:03PM

I only just now saw your comments on teeth. This may be only slightly oversimplified: irrespective of diet, you inherit a tendency for either gum problems OR tooth decay. I see so much of this. Beautiful gums, nary a problem - but rotten teeth. And in my own family, no decay but unhealthy-looking gums. Meh. It is hard to be perfectly healthy nowadays, you know that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables