Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Power of Plants: Science-Based Phytomedicine Book
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 06, 2019 12:18AM

Long time no see for most of you, but while I was gone I wrote a book on the powerful healing effects plan can have on the human body. Much of my writing and passion for nutrition and plant medicine was inspired by chatting with like-minded people such as on this forum, so thank you to everyone for that.

[www.phytopanacea.com]

Introduction:

Earth has blessed us with the ability to channel the healing power of plant medicine to rejuvenate and regenerate the body into a state of vigor and activate entheogenesis (awakening the divine within). This planet is rich with thousands of plants that contain invaluable phytonutrients, renowned for their curative and therapeutic properties. No matter who you are, phytomedicine can improve your life. From chronic disease to detoxification to nootropics to anti-aging, plants work synergistically with the human body to produce wellness. Nature has provided us with an extensive arsenal of therapeutic plants. In fact, there are over 28,000 plant species that have reported medicinal uses throughout the world. Many pharmaceutical drugs are actually based on compounds that originate from natural sources, and there are undoubtedly many phytochemicals with unknown health benefits that have yet to be discovered. Nutrition is far more complex than simply vitamins, fats, and minerals.

How are plants so healing? One reason is xenohormesis, which is the biological principle that explains how environmentally stressed plants produce bioactive compounds (phytonutrients) that can confer stress resistance and survival benefits on animals that consume them. Humans can be immensely rewarded from the products of plants' sophisticated stress response, which has evolved as a result of their stationary lifestyle. These xenohormetic plant compounds can improve longevity and fitness by activating biological cellular stress responses that can be applied in drug and nutraceutical production as well as nutritional enhancement of diet.

There's a lot of misinformation and dogma when it comes to diet, nutrition, herbalism, detoxification, natural cures, and overall health in general. It can get confusing and even discouraging at times when different sources have contradictory information. Thankfully, we now have the science to sort out much of the nonsense and dismiss the fads and ideologies that many cling to. One thing we can all agree on is that the Standard American Diet (SAD) is not the answer. It truly is a SAD diet, for it leads to malnutrition and body toxicity, and ultimately steals your vitality and well-being.

What is "health"? According to the dictionary, health is "the state of being free from illness or injury," but in reality it's much more than that. Health is happiness. Health is vitality. Health is longevity. Health is cognition. Health is nourishment. Health is love. Health is wealth.

www.phytopanacea.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Power of Plants: Science-Based Phytomedicine Book
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 06, 2019 02:31AM

This is great. Thanks for sharing. I will buy the book.

>What is "health". "the state of being free from illness or injury,"

Why is the good defined in terms of the bad?

Darkness is the absence of light not the other way around.

Light is not the absence of darkness. Light is.

So illness is the absence of health.

So what is health.

And you provided the correct answer when the dictionary did not get it right.

> Health is happiness. Health is vitality. Health is longevity. Health is cognition. Health is nourishment. Health is love. Health is wealth.

So we can happily say: we are Healthfully Wealthy.

Date: March 06, 2019 07:28AM

RawPracticalist
This is great. Thanks for sharing. I will buy the book.

>What is "health". "the state of being free from illness or injury,"

Why is the good defined in terms of the bad?

Darkness is the absence of light not the other way around.

Light is not the absence of darkness. Light is.

So illness is the absence of health.

So what is health.

And you provided the correct answer when the dictionary did not get it right.

> Health is happiness. Health is vitality. Health is longevity. Health is cognition. Health is nourishment. Health is love. Health is wealth.

So we can happily say: we are Healthfully Wealthy.

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

I agree that we cannot compare true health to the lowly standards of free from disease. Health is too multifaceted.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: March 06, 2019 06:41PM

Excerpt:

"The latest research has made it undoubtedly and compellingly clear that plant-based diets are extremely protective against chronic disease, and that meat consumption promotes chronic disease through a variety of mechanisms. Chemical contaminants from cooking flesh such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, heterocyclic amines, and advanced glycation end products are carcinogenic, pro-inflammatory, pro-oxidative, and contributive to chronic disease. Carnitine, found primarily in red meat, may be converted in the body by the gut bacteria to produce trimethylamine N-oxide (TMAO). High levels of TMAO are associated with inflammation, atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke, and death. Another compound found in meat, N-glycolylneuraminic acid (Neu5Gc), promotes chronic inflammation...

Summary: Meat is very low in phytonutrients, has no fiber (necessary to feed probiotic bacteria and bind to toxins in the intestinal tract), contains a plethora of toxic compounds, causes a host of damaging physiological consequences, and offers no essential nutrients that cannot be obtained from plants or the sun or synthesized by the human body itself. All of the longest-living populations in the world consume plant-rich diets. Many people have the misconception that what is “primal” is optimal, oblivious to the fact that primal humans ate what they could to survive, not necessarily thrive. Of course, it's better to eat animal flesh than to starve to death, but what relevance does that have to optimal health?"

www.phytopanacea.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2019 06:41PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 07, 2019 11:45AM

>The latest research has made it undoubtedly and compellingly clear that plant-based diets are extremely protective against chronic disease, and that meat consumption promotes chronic disease through a variety of mechanisms.

Plant based diets are extremely protective against disease. True. But the issues may be more about processed and fried meat than meat itself.

In the wild carnivores animals who feed on raw meat are as healthy as herbivores.

But it also true that

With a diet comprised of only plants, herbivores can be surprisingly large animals. Examples of large herbivores include cows, elk, and buffalo. These animals eat grass, tree bark, aquatic vegetation, and shrubby growth...

So plants are more nutritious...

[www.oxonhilldentistry.com]

Someone wrote in another forum in response to a comment by member who was building muscles on a liquidarian diet with intermittent fasting;

..Building muscle is of particular importance. When I look around me here in Africa, I note 2 kinds of animals: Carnivores and Herbivores.

On close scrutiny I note the lion does not really have nice big bulging muscles like in cartoons. They are rather flabby.

The most beautiful, vibrant, bulging muscles are seen in herbivores: Buffalo in particular springs to mind.

You are building muscles from the fruit and vegetables you juice. Just like the buffalo. You use their amino acids to assemble real human muscle fibers from.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2019 12:27PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 09, 2019 05:41AM

Hi JTP,
My deepest congratulations!

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 09, 2019 05:41AM

Hi JTP,

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: March 10, 2019 12:43AM

I am interested in your book.

Date: March 12, 2019 04:41PM

Tai
Hi JTP,

Thank you smiling smiley

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: March 12, 2019 04:44PM

Horsea
I am interested in your book.

I'm excited to release it, I just hope the information within can help improve people's lives in one way or another.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: March 14, 2020 04:17AM

The book has been picked up by Hatherleigh Press, partner of Penguin Random House, and is going to be renamed "Plant Powered" and released later this year.

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: March 14, 2020 08:48PM

Congratulations! Let me know when it's released and I'll buy it. Will that be on Amazon or where? Will it be paperback or hardcover?

Date: March 16, 2020 06:49AM

Jennifer
Congratulations! Let me know when it's released and I'll buy it. Will that be on Amazon or where? Will it be paperback or hardcover?

Thanks, Jennifer. I'll post where you can get it when it's released as I'm not exactly sure at the moment of all options. It'll be in both paperback and hardcover.

www.phytopanacea.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables