Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw bad gas
Posted by: pikt ()
Date: January 11, 2007 07:23AM

when exactly does this bad gas end??? i adopt a healthy life changing lifestyle and end up with horrible gas!!! any suggestions??? it's not exactly sexy or comfortable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw bad gas
Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 11, 2007 07:27AM

Bad Gas = Bad Food Combining or toxic release. Work on the food combining and the rest will work itself out over time.
uti

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2007 08:01AM

you know, it can really just be your body adjusting to the enormous increase in fiber. this too shall pass. slow down if you need to.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 11, 2007 10:42AM

It's not only a function of the fiber content of your diet. It's also which particular foods you are eating. Some are very difficult: use those less. Also, it might be helpful to eat less per sitting, also as previously stated, gradually work your way up in fiber rather than diving in to 60-90 g/day.

SAD people are starting from a base of 10-13 g/day which is not healthy. Veg*ns maybe 2-3x as much which is better.

raw cabbages: no way! I can't do them.
other cruciferous vegetables and leaves: small quantities, shredded
bell peppers: small quantities
carrots: small quantities
onions: small quantities
flax: 1 tbsp ground ok, 2 no way, I find nuts easier than seeds but it might be different for you
sweet fruit: usually ok, you might have to stick with smaller quantities, though, at first
lettuces: mild ones, ok in any quantity
spinach: small quantities
cuke: ok without peel
tomato: not a problem for me

None of the above applies is you are juicing, juicing should not produce gas. Pureeing might be intermediate between juicing and eating chopped or shredded vegetables.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2007 01:10PM

Very simple, I had the same problem. Drink some green juice every day, at least one pint. Beet greens, turnip greens, dandelion, collard, cabbage. You may also want to look into green juice fasting, there was a recent thread on it, even a two day juice fasting will bring great results. [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: AVOJAMACADA ()
Date: January 12, 2007 02:13AM

My very stobborn two cents.

Eat a hunka *ginger* every coupla hours.Give it a DAY MAX and I'll put $ on the table to bet you'll be 100%!!I swear by that and it's never failed me.EVER!

See you at the top!!....Dorian

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 12, 2007 03:50AM

Pikt,

Here are some articles on food combining. If you practice good food combining, your gas will disappear in just one day.

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 12, 2007 06:18AM

What he said...food combine, it works!

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 12, 2007 03:08PM

smiling smiley surely food combining works.. Best if U DON't combine AT ALL smiling smiley)

.. justkidding a little.. NOT winking smiley

Proper combining IS a KEY to health, as is quantity, and biocycle proper eating, and exercise, They ALL contribute to GOOD Health.
I found that MONO style eating makes SUPERIOR and SIMPLEST Guide to a good Health/or recovery.

Here are some insights:

OK: digesting a fruit takes about 2 hours. IF You will eat it 1. RAW, 2. ALONE. 3.At right TIME(sweet in the morning, acidic afternoon) 4.You will have enough water already inside of your body to process simple sugars(and little bit of other things like proteins, vitamins.)

If you will mix fruit with nuts + vegetables it'll take about 6 to 10 hours, and possibly produce a lot's of gas, NOT Digesting fully all of it, > producing GAS.

Why gas?, what IS gas? Because if you won't digest food from your stomach it will dump it forward: to intestines. And if it had not been FULLY Digested, bacteria starts to grow and digest YOUR food, but NOT FOR YOU! :/

GAS is a byproduct of bacteria livelihood(excrements), eating undigested food, there also is a considerable amount of other toxic ACIDIC waste, that Your body MUST remove: so, besides gas you most likely have an occasional pains, and several other symptoms:stinky smell(sweat, skin, breath), as it is another way for a body to remove waste(toxins) form body when there is to much to do it at normal pace
winking smiley

I am sure Green juices(wheatgrass) works wery well, as ginger,, as: any bacteria killing food: onion, garlic, herbs with such properties.

I recommend though drinking “sterile”(boiled) hot WATER 30 minutes before a meal: allows for stomach to wash out any remaining food(with bacteria) and prepare ground for fresh, DIFFERENT food to be digested.., providing WATER for processing., digestion, absorption of it.

That would be "slowest" but SAFEST way to "stop gasses", slowly detox body..all that OF COURSE on PROPER raw food.

i have used to take a teaspoon of ground cloves, before each meal, and in a couple of minutes any stomach pains were gone(one of 3 strongest bacteria killers, safe for human, found in nature, still used by dentists worldwide, 65% of chemistry used by them are based on clove extract)

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables